Chapter Twenty-Two

The Vow Of The Secret Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-Two

 

 

 

"Unnie, are you there?" Amber shouted outside the door while knocking.

 

Dara didn't even move an inch and just continue staring blankly at space. She cannot even explain the right feeling she has inside her heart at that moment as tears kept on rolling their way down her cheeks.

 

The image of Jiyong's back, leaving, kept on replaying in her mind and only Heaven knows how to explain that pain she felt as she just let him walk away from her. She doesn't even know what to say just to stop him from further leaving. What's the reason to tell anyway?

 

"He's already tired, Dara. Tired of being your best friend all these time. And the only option is for him to move on. For that to happen, you have to let him go..."

 

Jaejoong's words replayed in her mind. He suddenly entered the scene after minutes of crying by herself at that deserted place, saying he was sent by Jiyong to pick her up and bring her back safely.

 

She doesn't even want to leave that place. Her feet won't just move as her mind was completely blank. The guy doesn't have any choice but to carry her in his arms which she doesn't have the strength the argue anymore. She felt so weak.

 

"Unnie, answer me!" Amber worriedly knocked once again.

 

She blinked her eyes a couple of times and stood up from her seat. She went to the door but didn't turn to knob to unlock it. Instead, she just leaned her back at its frame and stared up at the ceiling.

 

"I am fine Amber... I just wanted to be alone." she said in her shaky voice.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yes..."

 

Of all the days, why now? Why now that it's almost the day of her wedding? Why does she have to feel this confuse when everything were already set perfectly? Marrying Ilwoo was the event she's been anticipating since the moment he proposed to her but all of a sudden, she felt coward.

 

Felt coward to wear the wedding gown displayed at the corner of her room, felt coward to face her guests and family, felt coward to walk down the aisle, felt coward to face Ilwoo and felt coward over her own feelings. It's as if her insides were battling on to whom they'll listen; to the voice telling her that Ilwoo is the right guy to complete her life or the other voice telling her that Jiyong is the one to complete the missing pieces of her past?

 

Neither of the two, the future suddenly became blurry as she closed her eyes once again.

 

She was too confused that all she wanted that moment is to be by herself, reflect over the events that happened from the passed days.

 

A knock once again, pulled her out of her reverie. With this, she wiped the tears from her eyes and took a deep breath as she ran her hands on her hair strands, fixing them in the process.

 

She took a deep breath and turned around, opening the door.

 

"Amber, I'm---" she stopped upon discovering who the person, standing in front of her. "Ilwoo..."

 

"Baby..." the word triggered something inside her heart, making it constrict as tears formed at the corner of her eyes, once again.

 

She threw herself to him and hugged him as tight as she could, feeling the heaviness of her heart. She didn't stopped herself from crying in front of him as he hugged her back, running his hand up and down her back to calm her.

 

"Ssshhh... Don't cry..." he whispered as he kept on rubbing her back as well as caressing her hair.

 

"I'm sorry..." she apologized and whatever it is that she's apologizing about, she too, doesn't know.

 

 

~~~~~o0o~~~~~~

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, I'm a mess right now. I must be ugly..." Dara said as she buckled her seatbelt. She was sitting at the passenger's seat inside Ilwoo's car as the latter told her that her would bring her somewhere.

 

"You are beautiful, always..." he said and smiled.

 

He started the engine and off they went to somewhere.

 

 

 

It took then 30 minutes of car ride on their way to the place, another 30 minutes for them to do what Ilwoo planned for them to do and they're done.

 

"I'll just leave this here for now..." Ilwoo told the owner of the boutique they went at, pertaining to his car.

 

"Why are we wearing this, Jung Ilwoo?" Dara asked while staring at her current dress.

 

She was wearing a white dress, a pair of white heels and a veil with some light make up on while Ilwoo was wearing a black tuxedo, his hair was fixed into a messy hairstyle yet just looking fine.

 

Ilwoo grinned at her making her, squint her eyes at him. She doesn't know what came into his mind for them to wear such outfit especially that people were looking at them and must be thinking that they're crazy. For her, it's not really good for he was known as a popular actor and being with her means no good to his image.

 

"Jung Ilwoo, this isn't funny okay? People are looking at us, especially you! You are a popular actor if I may remind you. And being with a commoner like me is not good for you."

 

Ilwoo suddenly pouted at what she just said. He stepped forward and held her by her shoulder. "Calling yourself a commoner doesn't sound good to me, baby. You are my fiance if I'm to remind you. As if I care what others might think right now."

 

"Then what is this facade all a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter