Chapter Twenty-One

The Vow Of The Secret Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-One

 

 

Dara was staring at her own reflection on the mirror in front of her. She was wearing a peach dress, her hair was tied on a neat bun and she was only wearing some light make-up on. It's her night...

 

Her bridal shower...

 

Chaerin was the one who prepared it for her and it's actually according to her preference. A private resort was set for the small party she wants with only a few of her female friends and colleagues as the guests.

 

Even her mother and Durami were there.

 

She cannot believe it. Two days from now is her wedding and she felt like dreaming. She, Sandara Park, 28 years old, is now getting married. Time passes by so fast and though the memories of her past were still unclear in her mind, all she could look ahead as of now is her future...with Ilwoo.

 

She closed her eyes and started to imagine what could be the possible things the future will bring them. She can picture herself walking down the aisle on her wedding dress as she smiles at the guests who were watching her every movements. Cameras were flashing on her way. She can imagine herself as tears freely roll their way down her cheeks and she cannot do anything but to just let them be. She was just too overwhelmed that tears might not stop themselves from freeing themselves.

 

She closed her eyes for seconds and once she opened them...darkness.

 

Gone the flashing lights of the camera, the guests surrounding her...everything vanished... She can't help but to look around as darkness won't allow her to see anything. She decided to close her eyes again and once she opened them, she was brought in a place she can't remember if she had already seen before...a cliff.

 

Dara opened her eyes, stopping the thoughts running in her mind. Why did she imagined such cliff anyway? It's just so out of the blue.

 

She wiped the corner of her eyes as tears unknowingly formed caused by her thoughts.

 

Her phone rang. She stared at it, not knowing if she'll answer it or not.

 

From the mirror, she approached the bed and stared down at the gadget. Upon realizing who the call was, she smiled and decided to be playful. She just let the phone rang until it stopped... One missed call... Once again, it rang and just like what she did, she just watched it with much amusement, enjoying with her own game. Two missed call... Three missed call... Four missed call... Five missed call... Finally, after minutes, the phone didn't rang anymore.

 

She went to the drawer and picked the invitation letter she kept there.

 

Dara ran her fingers at Jung Ilwoo's name... She smiled.

 

"I'm sorry... It's my night, tomorrow is yours. See you in two days." she whispered, as if talking to someone.

 

As she placed back the piece of scented paper to the drawer, she approached the bed once again and pick her phone up...Eleven missed call... She shook her head at this and scrolled down, seeing Ilwoo's name and stopped... The realization made her eyes widen in shock.

 

 

Jiyong - Yongie

 

 

She missed a call from Jiyong. Whatever the reason is, she doesn't know but at that moment, she's hoping that he would call her again.

 

And it didn't take a minute when her phone rang once again, and his name appeared on her phone's screen. She immediately answered the call.

 

"Jiyong!" she exclaimed, startling herself at the pitch of her voice. She bit her lower lip and took a deep breath before clearing . "I mean, hello..."

 

"Hello Sandy..." He greeted and somehow, she doesn't like it when he's calling her by that name. "How are you?"

 

"It's been a long time..." she spoke in a weak voice as she sat at the edge of the bed, feeling her legs wobbling at the sound of his voice... Finally, after almost a month of not hearing anything from him, here he is, calling her.

 

"Indeed..." he spoke in a small voice. "I missed you..." this made her heart to start racing as she felt the lightness inside her stomach. "I want to see you..." he admitted.

 

Was it only her imagination that's telling her, he's actually longing for her? She shook her head. Maybe it's just because it's been a long time since they last talked.

 

She smiled. "Where have you been? Didn't you promised me that you'll be there on my special day?"

 

"I did?"

 

"Yes..."

 

There was a long silence from the other line and she can only hear his breathing. "But promises are meant to be broken, my dear..." She doesn't feel good at what he just said. She can sense that there's something behind his words and even before she can ask, he beat her to it. "I have a commitment on that same day... It's an opportunity I've been waiting all these years."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I'll be chasing after the only dream that's left to me... I'll be away from you..."

 

"But... Why?"

 

He chuckled from the other line. "I'll tell you the reason why, personally. I was hoping that even for the last time, you can meet with me. I want to see you, even for the last time..."

 

She didn't say anything. That pain spreading inside her chest is something she cannot explain, leaving her breathless. Why does it hurts hearing him say the words as if they were like an indirect goodbye?

 

"I'll see you tomorrow at the same cafe. Please be with me, even for the last time..."

 

Is it a goodbye for them?

 

~~~~~o0o~~~~~

 

 

Dara was currently sitting in front of her guests as she opened their gifts, one by one. They would always at every gift she would open and even make fun of her which she would respond with smiles and laughters.

 

It's already late but they were still in the middle of her bridal shower and she cannot help but to thank Chaerin over and over again for preparing such wonderful event for her, with her friends and family enjoying it with her.

 

"Excuse me, may I get everyone's attention?" Chaerin suddenly spoke at the microphone making the guests to look at her direction, even Dara. She was just smiling the whole time. "Thank you. Are you enjoying the night so far?" everyone shouted in unison. "Very well! All the gifts were already opened, in behalf of our beautiful bride here, I wanted to thank you all for making this a memorable night for her. But before we continue to the wild party..." everyone cheered. "Yes, we'll dance the whole night until we pass out! Anyway, Auntie Lee here, requested for something. May I ask for Auntie to take our stage now..."

 

"Thank you Chaerin" Mrs. Lee said as she stood in front of the microphone, Amber was standing next to her, together with a big pink box in her arms. "First of all, l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter