Chapter Sixteen

The Vow Of The Secret Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Sixteen

 

 

Jiyong woke up at the throbbing pain of his head. The sudden pain made him shut his eyes so tight, waiting for it to subside. After minutes, he slowly flutter them open and was welcomed by a shade of blue, the color of his room's ceiling.

 

He raised his left hand to his head as he started massaging it. He cannot even remember how in the world his head was experiencing that kind of pain. The last time he felt that was way back, three years ago, when he would drown himself to alcohol at the lost of Dara.

 

But this time...

 

His forehead creased at that thought. Completely opening his eyes, that's when it sink in to his mind the heaviness of his right arm. With this, he slowly tilted his head to his right and was welcomed by a familiar scent...

 

Dara's scent...

 

He moved his head a bit to take a glance at the girl's face, only to find her, peacefully sleeping, as her right hand was resting on top of his chest. At the realization, Jiyong cannot stop the smile forming at the corner of his lips.

 

When was the last time that he was able to hold her on their sleep? That was way back at the Lee's rest house right? And now, Heavens must have gave him another chance to experience that wonderful feeling once again.

 

Slowly, he move his right hand and rested it on top of her head, feeling the soft strands of her hair on his fingers. He just took the time of his life, completely forgetting the throbbing pain on his head.

 

He closed his eyes and sighed in contentment.

 

"Hey Jiyong! It's me, Ilwoo. I just wanted to greet you a happy birthday man.--- No problem. I am currently in Japan by the way, for the drama I told you before.--- You have to watch this, okay? So you'll know the ending --- Good! Be there at the premiere night with Youngbae --- And by the way, my gift to you, I'll give it once I came back in Seoul, okay? --- Not just that. Also, as early as now, I am going to invite you on my wedding. You have to be there okay? You'll be one of my best man. My best buddies should be present on that very important occasion --- Good! That's September 23 by the way --- Yes, after my birthday. God, I am so excited I can't help but to be like this on the day of your birthday... Oh I gotta go now, Jiyong. Back to filming. See you soon! And happy birthday once again. Bye!"

 

Recalling his phone conversation with Ilwoo on the phone yesterday, his smile slowly faded as he opened his eyes and stared blankly at the ceiling. The excitement on his friend's voice is too noticeable for him not to ignore. He cannot help but to remember how he used to be like him on the day the girl next to him became officially, his girl. But that was years ago, before the accident happened.

 

And whether he like it or not, someone has replaced him on that position.

 

He doesn't want to accept that fact himself, but wouldn't it be hard for him especially to Dara if he would insist to make her remember who he really was to her. He wanted to tell her right away that he, Kwon Jiyong, was her boy--- no, was her fiance even before her accident. But he cannot just imagine how she would react at that information.

 

And so, at that few moments of battling to himself, though the pain is to hard for him to bear, he has to accept that this girl used to be his in her past, and now, in her present, she's not his anymore.

 

So, can you just make new memories from your past...and accept that this is now your present?

 

Don't worry, I'll be here next to you. I'll guide you, and support you. After all... I'm your best friend...right?

 

The pain he felt when he said those words was just to hard for him to bear that he felt suffocated at that moment, feeling that particular pain once again.

 

But her words after she saw their names on that bench are like words of encouragement for him to continue fighting for something he used to have, for someone who used to his... Her...

 

 

 

"Kwon Jiyong! I have questions that you must answer, okay?"

 

Jiyong stood from his seat and approached Dara who was now swaying on her way to him. So even before she fall on the ground, he went to her side to guide her for a seat.

 

Once she had settled herself to his mother's previous seat, she grinned at him.

 

"Your sister is nice..." she uttered like a little kid who just got a piece of candy.

 

He smiled and raised his hand to wipe the sweats of her fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter