Chapter 18 – what’s the right choice?

Lucky pick lucky me!!!

 

 

 

                     As minutes pass, Grace waits patiently beside Lysa’s bed for her to at least open her eyes. Siwon, who was incharge of Lysa, was staying with Grace in the room just in case there is any new development. While the others was outside to give them some alone time.

 

“how long will she be like this?” Grace asked Siwon without taking her eyes off of her sister… or daughter which ever you preffer…

 

“we don’t know for sure… this is the first time we met a situation like this.” Siwon said.

 

“what should we do? My sister… she’s…” Grace took a deep breath.

 

“there is a way, but that means she has to change into a vampire.” Siwon said sitting beside Grace.

 

Grace looked at Siwon if he was serious. Sadly for her he was. She couldn’t think of anything right now except to hold Lysa’s hand. “is there any other way? She doesn’t have a choice?” Grace tries hard not to cry but her voice cracked a bit and Siwon surely  noticed that.

 

“it’s either we wait for her to get better or turn her into a vampire but… the way I see it, it would be dangerous if we wait any longer. Her body is slowly being drained of life. Her soul doesn’t match with her body. I hope you take this into consideration.” Siwon said.

 

“to tell you the truth… I’m scared… to many questions to asked to many possibilities… what if she didn’t what to change? She has a life back home… we have a life back home…” Grace said the last part in whispers.

 

“don’t fret it’s not like you, she’ll be ok. She will learn and understand when time comes.” Siwon asured her.

 

“how do you know what am I like?” Grace asked knowing it’s their first time to have an actual conversation.

 

“I met you in your previous life… you were very strong at heart and very wise but still green when it comes to love. *chuckles*” Siwon smirked at her.

 

“tell me about it! I never thought I have a fiance, let alone haing a secret child with a secret lover…” Grace pouted a bit.

 

“*chukles* I see you have calmed down, why don’t you discuss things with ‘you know who’ about Lysa’s condotion.” Siwon went out and manager came in looking like a scared puppy.

 

 

Grace’s POV

 

 My eyes soften on reflexed as I saw manager. I guess Siwon called him. “manager…” I patted the chair next to me and waited for him to sit down.

 

“Grace, how is she…?” Manager became sad… it’s in his eyes.

 

“not so good, what should we do? Should we turn her?” I asked patiently.

 

“*sigh* if that will lead her to safety then yes… we should turn her.” He said in a serious tone.

 

“but what if-”

 

“if she will hate me it’s ok as long as she is safe. She’ll be shock I know, I went through with it when you change me…” Helooked away… did he thought that I would be mad? Oops!! I did got mad before… no wonder he looked like a puppy when he came in.

 

“so… what happened? How did you cope?” I asked curiously and hopefully it wasn’t too weird for me to ask.

 

“it’s simple…” he hesitated a bit. “you, as a vampire, bit me right here.” He said pointing at his neck. “ then you let me drink your blood. It’s a must because when you don’t the person who got bitten will turn into a vampire… but a mindless one. Some of the servants here are like that.” He said. That reminds me of the helpers we got… the ones that didn’t mind that they were being push around by Shinee members.

 

“Can anyone do it? Turn people into vampires I mean.” I asked.

 

“the king, his majesty, has ordered that no one should turn a human into a vampire with out any good reason.” He said and that was a relief but doesn’t that mean anyone can do it? I looked at him and smiled at me… why did he smile?

 

“anyone can do it as long as you are a vampire.” He looked at me as if reading my face.

 

“what does it feel like? When you change?” I asked more questions maybe this will knock my memories back into me. But I kind of felt giulty knowing it was painful for him to remembewr hwen I don’t.

 

“it was  unusual for me… my senses became strong or sensitive you could say. At first I panicked *chuckle* because before you turn into a vampire you’ll have to die as a human first. The venom from the bite will do that for you. One by one my senses became useless, I can’t see then followed the next few days that I can’t hear any more and the last few days was the most terefiying for me… the part that I can’t feel anything anymore…” he stared into space as if he can see himself on the bed like that. I became more worried for Lysa.

 

He smiled again at me as if he knows what I’m thinking. “ do you want to know how I survived that?” he asked.

 

“…yes! Please!” I nodded.

 

“when I lost my sight you… always called me by my real name and you always say that everything will be alright. When I lost my hearing you would write words on my palm and say that your always there for me.” He looked pass me as if I’m not the one he’s looking for but the past me… it made a slight pang in my chest…

 

“your real name? isn’t it your name is Evan? Evan James right?” I asked to distract myself a bit.

 

“*chuckles* no, that was my name after you turned me. You said it would be safer than using my real name… I’m actually called Taecyeon back then.” He smiled and showed a bit of his front teeth that makes me smile as well.

 

“so can I call you… Taecyeon?” I asked... and everything went dead silent. Oh no! I have to change the subject!

 

“after you lost all of your senses what happen?” oh please I don’t want this anymore awkward! Why did I asked that out of all of the questions in the world?!

 

“I felt death but came back alive again… it’s hard to explain. Umm it’slike waking up from a coma.” He said oh… I hope Lysa will be strong enough for that.

 

“I wish lysa could wake up… even for just a few moments so that a can ask what she thinks of the idea of turning into a vampire. If she would want it or not…” I looked down at her hand. It was paler than ever.

 

“it would be ok.” He said to me. I smiled back.

 

“umm! Oh! I should tell Siwon about our decision, can you look after her for a minute?” I walked to the door.

 

“Sure, and Grace… you can call me Taecyeon but only when we are alone ok?” he winked at me, I run out before he could see me blush.

 

 

 

 

Taecyeon’s POV

 

“aish! She run off! She never really change… not lettig me see her weakness or should I say shyness…” I looked at Lysa.

 

“I wish you to forgive us… we are going ahead to save you at the same time change your life.” I will always be here for you, my daughter…