Chapter 10 – the portrait

Lucky pick lucky me!!!

 

 

                     The gang then toured around the old castle. It looked like it wasn’t disturbed even when it was abandoned. Old paintings and tapestries still hangs on the walls, tables and chairs with decorations of old candle holder and flower vases are still there. Though the wooden doors are breaking down already the room was still looking like it can be used. The bed rooms has a king size bed in every one of them. Mostly the color themes were blue, red, black, white or mix. Lysa and Grace can imagine what people looked like when this castle was still new and good. They imagine butler and maids are everywhere serving their masters on their every whims. Just when Grace was imagining it they came across the ball room. It was large and at the end where three thrones but the middle on was larger than the two.

 

“WOW!!! This place is great!” Lysa said and started dancing like there were music and a party right then and there.

 

“yeah…” Even though Grace was fascinated by all of these she still can shake the fact that something was odd that something wasn’t right.

 

“Whhooohoooo!” Lysa was still dancing around but this time she pulled Onew as her partner like they was invited to a ball.

 

“Hey be careful, Lysa.” Key said.

 

“Why?” She asked.

 

“Why? Because-”

 

 “OUCH!”

 

               Lysa and Onew had fallen down because Onew Hyung seems to have striped over thin air landing on top of Lysa. Of course if you have something fell on top of you that were THAT heavy you would also feel pain in the process. When Onew and Lysa opened their eyes, both blushed on the spot and was frozen right there and then. It felt like time paused for them until…

 

“EHEM!!!!! Would you please GET OFF MY SISTER?!!” Grace said with a stern face.

 

“S-orry” Onew stood up quickly and went behind Manager for protection.

 

“What are you doing?” Manager asked whispering to Onew.

 

“Sorry, Onew condition… plus this is the first time I’m actually afraid of someone who’s only human.” Onew whispered back.

 

“Really now you so… never mind, just be very careful.” Manager said.

 

“Yes~” Onew said to the manager.

 

 

                  Meanwhile at the other side of the room near the glass windows with navy blue curtains that goes all the way down to the floor, Lysa and the others were chatting away. 

 

“We are really sorry about that, Lysa. But I assure you Onew hyung doesn’t mean any harm or anything close to that.” Taemin said to Lysa and Grace was listening beside her.

 

“Well it’s ok. I just fell nothing to worry about.” Lysa said smiling at the cute boy who tries to protect his Hyung’s image.

 

“Besides he has this sickness…” Minho trailed off.

 

“Sickness?” Grace asked.

 

“ONEW CONDITION…” they all said in chorus.

 

“Huh? What condition?” She asked again.”

 

“Let me explain; Onew condition is the type of sickness only ONEW hyung has. It’s a condition where he always trips on thin air, falls over without a cause and practically endangering himself everywhere he goes.” Key said.

 

“That funny~” Grace giggles.

 

“I know! Sometimes it’s adorable.” Lysa whispered to her sister so Onew hyung can’t hear.

 

“And sometimes it’s a bit of a hindrance, like onetime we were performing and he accidentally drops his mic. He tried to save it but ended up falling down the stage.” Jonghyun said.

 

“And there goes the rare species~” Minho joked that made everybody laugh.

 

                         Then Onew hyung came up to them and asked “Why are you guys laughing?” which made them laugh even harder including Grace and Lysa who practically had tears from laughing so hard.

 

“So ahaha Onew hyung ahahaha you ok?” They asked still hadn’t recovered yet.

 

“Yeah I’m fine.” Onew pouted as he felt that he was being left behind not knowing that he was the joke of the day.

 

“Hey guys let look at the thrones they are pretty cool.” Taemin said as he runs ahead again.

 

                 They all went there and take look at those beautiful looking chairs. Apparently the frame was made of gold and when they sat on it, it was still comfortable.

 

“Manager, this are gold right? How come they weren’t stolen by anyone yet?” Grace asked.

 

“Well locals believed that this place use to be a resting place for… how can I explain this… Vampires, witches, wizards and other creatures so they think that if they steal anything from this place they will get punished or something like that.” Manager said.

 

“That’s a weird belief.” Grace said as she looks around more.

 

                Meanwhile Lysa and wonder around behind those thrones. Like what was like in the olden times behind the thrones was a very large curtain like cloth which highlights the three thrones as the center of attraction in the whole room. When Lysa was fiddling with the cloth and accidentally pulled it too much and revealed a frame of a painting.

 

“Hey guys!! I found something!” Lysa yelled and soon the others joined her.

 

“What is it?” Grace asked.

 

“I think it’s a painting? But the curtains are covering it.” Lysa said

 

“I have never seen this before~” Taemin said.

 

“Me neither~” the others said.

 

“And we have been here so many times already, this is cool.” Jonghyun added.

 

“Let’s look at it.” Manager said and the gang then tried to pull off the thick cloth but accidentally ripping it off.

“oop!” Jonghyun said as he bumps in to Onew hyung.

 

“Ouch!” and Onew hyung landed on Key.

 

“Sorry Key.” Onew said as he pulled him up.

 

“Thank hyung~ and thanks a lot DINO!” Key said as his brush off the dust from his clothes.

 

“OH MY GOSH!” Lysa exclaimed as they all looked at what they thought was a painting but it was a portrait… a family portrait.

 

“…” Grace was so shock that she just stares at it.

 

“Wow!” the five boys said as they looked at Grace then the portrait then grace then the portrait repeatedly.

 

“Sis… why does this girl here, look just like… you?” Lysa asked as she slowly looked at her sister.

 

“I… I don’t know…” was the only thing she said as she comes near the portrait.

 

                  The portrait seems to have three persons in it. One man and two woman who looked like one of the royalties back then and it seems to be that the girl that looked like Grace seems to  be the daughter of the two other in the portrait. But why does she look like Grace? Was the question Lysa and her sister was thinking.