Chapter 9: The Feeling of Longingness

Welcome to the Beach House

A girl had been walking around the university campus for almost half an hour. She was so disappointed with the rating she got from her art project for it was below than what she had expected. She loves art so much that she poured her heart out into that project and she had high hopes but did not get the grade she was expecting. She's the type who get's really disappointed and discouraged easily.

She was tired from walking so she decided to sit on a bench under a cherry blossom tree. She doesn't want to cry but disappointment got the best of her that she can't stop the tears from going down. Then someone sat beside her and offered her a handkerchief. The girl looked up to see the face of the person who offered her the handkerchief. It was a boy looking at her with concern.

"Thanks," said the girl.

"Are you alright miss?"  the boy asked gently. "Maybe I can help you with your problem?"

The girl smiled at the boy in front of her. She wasn't feeling better earlier but somehow, the boy made her feel alright. "I guess I'm feeling better now," she said.

"What happened?" asked the boy in a concerned tone. "Did your boyfriend broke up with you? Because if he did, then he is stupid enough to break up with a lovely lady like you."

The girl blushed and giggled at the boys remak. She just shook her head. "I don't have a boyfriend," said the girl. "I was just disappointed at the grade I got for my art project. It was lower than what I expected since I really poured my heart in making that piece of art."

"I see," said the boy. "I understand how you feel but it's not the end. We can still improve ourselves. Like me, I'm not even sure if I'm a good songwriter or composer but I'll still try joining this songwriting competition. Always do your best and believe in yourself then I'm sure you'll get the grade you deserve. Fighting!"

The girl giggled. "Fighting!" she said as well. "Thanks for making me feel better. Goodluck on your songwriting competition and I'll pray that you'll win. You might find this funny but I can predict what will happen sometimes and I think you'll win this so... Fighting!"

"Wow, that prediction of yours is lifting my hopes up," said the boy teasingly. "I'll definitely look forward for my win."

Yoona giggled. "Of course, fighting!"

The pair laughed at each other. The boy checked his watch. "I have to go!" said the boy. "I still have a part time job to attend to. Nice meeting you!"

The girl was about to return the handkerchief but failed since the boy ran off. She even forgot to ask his name. She just sighed and looked at the handkerchief. Since then, she had kept the handkerchief like it is one her most prized possession. When she's upset, she'll just look at it and she's feeling better.

Yoona finally woke up from her sleep. She had been dreaming the same dream again ever since she arrived in the beach mansion. The dream happened when she was a freshman at KNUA. She met the boy but she forgot to ask his name or return his handkerchief and that's the last time she saw him. She opened her drawer then unsecured box inside it. She grabbed the same handkerchief in her dream and placed it in her chest.

 A few minutes later, Dara came in their room. "You're finally awake!" said Dara. "You were not able to help Jiyong prepare breakfast." Yoona's eye widened. She totally forgot that it's her's and Jiyong's schedule to do the chores. Dara raised her eyebrows. "Is there some thing wrong Yoong?"

Yoona just sighed. "I'll just explain everything," said Yoona. "I can't believe I totally forgot." Then Yoona looked at the handkerchief she was holding. Then her attention turned to Dara who cleared .

"Seriously, what's with that handkerchief that makes you keep it in a box like it is some kind of a gold or something?"

Yoona looked straight into her cousin's eyes. "I dreamed about him again," said Yoona with nostalgia. "I've been having the same dream ever since we arrived here."

Dara sighed at her cousin's remark and sat on the bed. She heard this story from Yoona before and she can see the admiration in her cousin's eyes while she was telling her the story. "Are you still hoping that you'll see that boy again?"

"I guess so," said Yoona. "Even though I keep on telling myself that it will be impossible but a part of me is still hoping that I will meet him again."

Dara just nodded. "You better get up because it's time for breakfast." Yoona got up and prepared herself for breakfast. When she and Dara went to the dining area, the food is already served on the table. The housemates sat together. Yoona gave Jiyong an apologetic look and the man just nodded as a sign that he understood.

The housemates left the dining area as soon as they finished breakfast. Yoona and Jiyong washed the dishes. Everything is so silent that made Yoona feel like she's gone deaf because of the silence. It feared her that Jiyong is mad at her for ditching him and it was her fault for not setting her alarm to wake her up early. She can't take the awkwardness anymore that she decided to break the silence. "Oppa, I'm sorry!" she said. "I know it was really bad of me for not waking up early and not help you. I understand if your disappointed at me. I'm really sorry and I promise I'll make it up to you."

Jiyong chuckled that made Yoona give him questioning looks. "What's funny?" she asked. Jiyong stopped laughing and looked at Yoona. "I'm not mad," said Jiyong with a gentle tone in his voice. "But since you want to make it up to me, why don't you cook lunch later. I'll help of course, but you're the one in charge."

"Me? Cook lunch?" asked Yoona.

Jiyong nodded. "Unless, you don't know how to cook?" Yoona smirked and slapped Jiyong's arm.

"Of course I know how to cook!"

Jiyong chuckled at Yoona's response. "Then I'm excited to taste your cooking."

Yoona giggled. "I know I'm not the best cook but I know I can cook well," she said.

"I'll look forward to that," said Jiyong and they just smiled at each other and continued washing the dishes.

 

When it was almost lunchtime, Yoona and Jiyong went to the kitchen. Yoona is the one in-charge of cooking while Jiyong helped him. When they were done, they served the table with the dishes. The lunch Yoona prepared was delicious that made the housemates praise her cooking.

The pair are now washing the dishes. "The dishes you cooked for lunch was really delicious," said Jiyong.

Yoona can't help but blush. It's weird because everytime Jiyong praises her, she can't help but blush. They've been hanging out together these past few days and she is really starting to get comfortable with Jiyong. That's why it's funny for her to blush and for her heart to beat fast when Jiyong has this certain effect on him. A really weird yet familiar effect but she just can't tell yet. "Thanks."

"I have a confession," said Yoona. "I listen to the songs you write that was sung by different artists. At first I don't know that they were written by you but when I googled them, it revealed that you're the songwriter and the composer and they are really great songs. I like the instrumental backgrounds that you use and the lyrics has this longing emotion in them than makes me relate to your songs."

Jiyong look at Yoona and gave her a genuine smile. "Thanks," he said. "I tell you, the songs that I write comes from my heart."

"I can tell," said Yoona. "That's why I like them. I don't know but when I read the lyrics of your songs, I can sense freedom, a bit of rebellion, hoping, gratitude and longingness."

"You are a smart girl Im Yoona," said Jiyong. "What you sensed was right. I've been through a lot. Did you know my parents were against my music career."

Yoona's eyes widened at what she heard. "Really? How come?" she asked. "I find it unbelievable. You are really doing well with your craft."

"They are disappointed that I did not follow the path they wanted me to go," explained Jiyong as Yoona listened. "We have an architecture firm business and they want me to be an architect to take over the business. Music has always been my passion but they had high hopes of me taking up the family business but they did not see it in me and I was a disappointment to them. I rebelled and moved out. Aunt Jihyun was the only one who I can turn to when I needed help and she's the one who supported me. She's the one who encouraged me to join that songwriting competition that I won and I can't be thankful enough. So there goes the sense of freedom, rebellion and gratitude."

Yoona can't help but feel sad but happy for Jiyong at the same time. For her, it's hard to not get along well with his parents but glad that Jiyong fought for what he wants and he did the right thing. That alone made her see that he is indeed a remarkable person.

"As for hoping," he continued. "I'm still hoping for a reconciliation between me and my parents. They are still my parents and I have to thank them because without them I wouldn't be washing dishes here with you."

Jiyong smiled at Yoona which made the latter blush. The smile can make her knees go weak in an unexplainable way. She quickly composed herself and looked deeply into the eyes of the man in front of him. "I know you will reconcile," said Yoona in an optimistic tone. "You are still their child and I'm sure they are also wanting to be on good terms with you again."

Jiyong smiled gently. "I hope you're right." Yoona nodded and smiled sincerely. Jiyong cupped Yoona's face. Yoona was taken aback with Jiyong's gesture. Her heart's been racing wildly and was lost in his eyes. His soft giggles helped her to come back to her senses. "Aigoo, you're so cute even with soapy bubbles on your face!"

Yoona gasped when she realized that Jiyong's hands were soapy when he cupped her face. "How dare you!" she squealed. Then she also put some soapy bubbles on his face. The two played with the soap for a while.

Yoona felt really glad that Jiyong opened up to her but other than that, she felt like it meant so much to her that he trusts her. Jiyong had a lot of friends who are women and had gone dates with women but it's only Yoona who he felt comfortable opening up to. He was able to open up to her about his past and his thoughts on his song and it made him feel better. While the two of them played with the bubbles, for them, it felt like they are the only people in the world again. It felt like the whole world belongs to them for now.

 

Unknown to the playing pair, two people are spying on them. They had been watching the two of them ever since lunch was finished and when they started washing dishes. "Can we go now?" said Dara. "We already spied on them and I think that's enough." Jaejoong just nodded and they left the scene.

"See! They look good together," said Jaejoong excitedly. "We should totally do something for them to end up together. Same for Eunjung and Hyunjoong and the other pairs. We should matchmake them. Who knows, maybe that's what  Aunt Jihyun wants in the first place. To have some of her favorite nieces and nephews end up with each other."

Dara just looked at Jaejoong in puzzled way. "Jeez! What an imagination or idea you got there," she said sarcastically. "And you're really serious with this matchmaking thing? Are you planning on having a matchmaking business in the future?"

"Hhmm, you're brilliant babe!" said Jaejoong which made Dara's jaw dropped. "I guess I'll consider building a matchmaking business in the future and you'll be my business partner."

"Eh? Me? You're joking right?" asked Dara.

Jaejoong shook his head and Dara facepalmed herself. "Besides, did you not see our two cousins?" said Jaejoong. "They are totally getting along well and I think they'll suit each other well. They should totally date. You can see Jiyong opening up. He just told her a lot about him and even though I'm not that close with Jiyong I know he's not the type to open up to someone unless he's comfortable with the person."

Dara can remember what they witnessed back there very well. He also heard everything and what Jiyong opened up earlier had made her come up with a conclusion though she is not sure yet if her instincts are correct. "Jae," Jaejoong turned to Dara. "What university did Jiyong graduate?" 

"Uhmm...Korea National University of Arts," answered Jaejoong. Dara smiled at Jaejoong's answer. "Interesting, he went to KNUA like Yoona, he won a songwriting competion, and..." then Dara paused from talking. Her eyes widened when she thought of something.

"And what?" asked Jaejoong, wondering what Dara is about to say. Jae's question caught Dara's attention.

"Nothing," she answered calmly. "I'm not sure anyway. Let's go to the beach."

 

Yoona sat on her bed, looking at the handkerchief. She can't stop thinking about the conversation she had with Jiyong earlier. The feeling of waiting for someone and to meet someone again, she can totally relate.

"Uhmm, oppa, what about the feeling of longingness?" asked Yoona with curiosity.

Jiyong looked at her, she can see nostalgia in his eyes that made her shiver. "Let's say that when I was younger, I met someone," he said. "But I don't know her or never got her name. I've been longing to see her again. I just want to meet her again and probably thank her for encouraging me as well. That maybe impossible though. But if given a chance to see that person again, I'll definitely grab the chance."

She can relate to Jiyong, the feeling of longing to see someone again, even though it is probably impossible. Just like him, if she'll have the chance to see him again, she'll take her chances and thank that person as well. But for some weird reasons, her heart sank when she heard his story that he had been longing to see someone again. And for some weird reasons she can't help but be reminded of that boy when she sees Jiyong. "What if..."  Then Yoona shook her head, pushing those thoughts away.

"Are you okay?' asked Dara which startled Yoona. She was surprised that her cousin was already in their room.

"How long have you been there?"

"Long enough to see you get lost in your thoughts," mumbled Dara. "What's wrong with you anyway?"

Yoona sighed. "I don't know," she answered. "I'm glad that Jiyong opened up to me about his life earlier."

Dara knows what her cousin is talking about. She just listened as Yoona continued talking. "And somehow, I can relate to him," she said. "The feeling of longing to see someone again though it maybe impossible."

Yoona lay down on her bed then covered herself with the sheets and closed her eyes. Dara just looked at her cousin."I'm sure you'll meet him again," she thought. "You'll just have to figure it out on how to see that person again."

 

 

 

This chapter is more focused on Gyoon moments...

I'm sure each readers have their own biased tandems but I promise...more of your biased tandems in the next chapters to come...

Hope you like this chapter...

Please don't forget to leave a comment...

Thanks to those who read, subscribed, voted and commented in this story...

Please continue to support this story...

Till next chapter...