Chapter 5: Mister Pretty Model and Miss Feisty

Welcome to the Beach House

After the arrangements they had earlier, the ten adults went to their respective rooms. Jaejoong lay down on his bed and read his adult magazine. Hyunjoong on the other hand just sat thinking about his schedule tomorrow. He looked at his buddy who is so engrossed with what he is reading. "Dude, miss feisty is your cousin right?"

Jaejoong stopped reading the adult magazine and looked at Hyunjoong. "Yeah, what about her?"

"Is there something you should warn me about her?" said Hyunjoong. "You seem to have strong dislike for each other. Why is that?"

Jaejoong sighed. "I don't know it either," said Jaejoong, shifted his body from lying to sitting and looked at his friend. "All I know is that since her mom and my dad are close we are often enrolled in the same school, from preschool till high school. It's just that, she has a very different character. She always wants to be on top, she wants to be in control of everything and I happen to be the happy-go-lucky guy who don't study much and causes trouble. I guess we just really have different characters that does not blend well."

"I see, so that's it huh?" said Hyunjoong still not convinced with the reason given. Jaejoong remembered something from the past which made him chuckle.

"I remember one time when I studied my math lesson for the first time in my grade school life because we had an exam and my teacher warned me that I might fail," said Jaejoong. "So I studied and when I took the exam, surprisingly, I got the highest score and she only got the second highest score and the score difference is four points and she was not pleased with it. My teacher praised me. She kept on reviewing my paper to see if the teacher made some mistakes in checking my paper. Then after class, I saw her in one corner of an empty classroom, crying. I went to her and asked her what's wrong and she just hit my thigh hard with her knee."

Hyunjoong just chuckled at the story he heard. "So she had been like that eh?"

Jaejoong nodded. "It really hurt and I had a bruise," said Jaejoong. "Come to think of it, I don't really hate her. I'm just annoyed with her behavior and it probably lead to dislike but I'm not sure about her though. All I know is that she's still my cousin no matter what."

"Well I guess I better go to sleep for I will have an interesting day tomorrow with miss feisty," said Hyunjoong, grabbing a towel and walked straight to their bathroom. Jaejoong nodded then lay down on his bed again, then he resumed reading the adult magazine he was reading earlier.

 

Morning came and Eunjung woke up. She changed from her sleeping clothes into comfy clothes and groomed herself. When she got out of her room, she saw her partner just getting out from his room. "It's good you woke up early, mr. pretty model," said Eunjung coldly. "We better get to the kitchen and start cooking some breakfast."

"Alright then, miss feisty, ladies, first," said Hyunjoong coolly, moving his hand to the direction of the stairs as a sign that Eunjung should walk first. Eunjung walked past ahead of him and Hyunjoong followed. 

When they got into the kitchen, they started gathering the needed ingredients from the fridge and cabinets. They started peeling and slicing the ingredients. The two did not really fight or argue but not exactly get along. Eunjung is in her usual bossy state and she would correct Hyunjoong from time to time with peeling and slicing.

Hyunjoong on the other hand didn't mind his partner's bossy mode. In fact, he finds it amusing because if it were other girls, they will not have the guts to order him around. Other girls, he bet, won't mind doing it alone and will most probably treat him like a king. But here he is slicing some vegetables and he's not even an expert at it that's why he didn't complain if Eunjung would correct him since she probably knows it better than he does and he is slowly learning.

"Hand me the saddle," said Eunjung in a calm but demanding tone. Hyunjoong just chuckled at Eunjung's tone then he passed the saddle to his partner. Eunjung gave him questioning looks upon hearing him chuckle then she looked at the vegetables the pretty model is slicing. "Good, you're improving," said Eunjung in a way a master tells her supposed disciple as she stirs the soup.

"You're really good at correcting people's faults and giving orders." said Hyunjoong with a smirk. "Thanks and I learned from the best didn't I."

Eunjung just rolled her eyes. "And you obviously don't know how to peel, slice and cook," said Eunjung in a matter of fact tone. "But you have to learn them like what you're doing now. I don't care if you're a celebrity or used to be treated like a king but then again, you're also staying in this house so you have to do your part with the household chores."

Hyunjoong chuckled at Eunjung's remarks whose eyebrows just furrowed. "What's funny?"

"You, miss feisty, you really never fail to amuse me since yesterday," said Hyunjoong teasingly. "And I'm not even complaining."

"Whatever, mister pretty model!" screeched Eunjung. When the soup and the rice was done, Eunjung and Hyunjoong started cooking the vegetables. They filled the table  with chinawares and chopsticks after cooking. They also served the food. During breakfast, their housemates can't help but compliment the food served. \

"Wow! Hyunjoong oppa, this soup is really good!" said Yoona. "I'm surprised because I thought that you don't even know what a knife does."

"Hey! Your insulting me cousin," said Hyunjoong faking hurt.

"Who would've thought that you had hidden talents in cooking, dude?" teased Jaejoong.

"Well it should be miss feisty who deserves the credit," said Hyunjoong. "It was her who taught me how to slice vegetables."

Eunjung just kept quiet until she heard the most annoying voice from the most annoying person ever, Jaejoong. "I guess I should be scared because who knows, this might have poison," joked Jaejoong.

Eunjung knew it was a joke but any jokes from that cousin of hers are not worth to be laughed at, well at least for her. Everybody looked at her. "Well I wish I did," she muttered.

Hyunjoong can feel the tension between the two cousins. "Let's just enjoy the food, shall we."

After the breakfast, Hyunjoong and Eunjung cleared the table and washed the dishes. They were silent until Hyunjoong decided to break it. "Your cousin's with Jaejoong right?" he asked and just earned a nod from his partner.

"Why don't you get along with him?" asked Hyunjoong. "I'm just wondering because you are cousins right."

Eunjung froze at the question. Well she has her own reasons but she can't tell Hyunjoong that. She thought of other reasons as well but apart from her own reason, she doesn't know why she hates her cousin. "It's none of your business and you're obviously a friend of him," she just answered bluntly.

"Okay, I understand," then a question popped into his mind that he decided to ask the lady beside him. "Do you think I'm attractive."

Eunjung just looked at him weirdly. "What kind of a question is that?"

Hyunjoong smirked at Eunjung's uneasiness. "Well a question that needs an answer, duh."

"I think you already know the answer to that since you're a famous model, right?" said Eunjung. Well she had to admit that he is indeed attractive. It would be easy for her to say yes but she just doesn't want to.

"Well I want to know what you think?" he asked teasingly. Eunjung gaped at the flower boy. Hyunjoong just chuckled. "I was just teasing. You don't have to answer."

Eunjung just sighed. A few minutes later, they were done with the dishes. "I have to go," said Eunjung. "I still have to work on my promotion." Hyunjoong nodded then he stared at Eunjung's back as she slowly disappeared from his sight. He smirked as he thought about how she acted earlier.

 

Sunye and Hara is sitting on one side of the table in the balcony. Sunye is busy reading a novel and Hara is drawing some designs in her sketch pad. Then a few minutes later, they were joined by Donghae and Jonghyun. "Yo ladies! I hope you don't mind if Hyung and I join you?" Sunye and Hara just shook their heads which meant that they don't mind at all. The younger Lee grinned as he took a seat in front of Hara and Donghae sat in front of Sunye and put his laptop on the table and turned it on. Sunye and Donghae gave each other a genuine smile.

"Is it me or I'm totally bored," said Jonghyun. Hara looked Jonghyun and mumbled. "Looks like I'm not the only one."

Jonghyun grinned as he looked at Hara who looked at him quizzically. "How about if we explore the house and the area," he said. "Who knows, we might find something interesting."

Hara thought for a second but then again, she's bored and maybe exploring wouldn't hurt. Besides, they haven't explored the whole house yet. It's a three storey house and they haven't even thought of going to the third floor. She remembered Young Min said that they are allowed to go to every corners of the house. "Let's go and kill boredom."

The two youngsters left Sunye and Donghae. Sunye is reading her novel but would glance at Donghae from time to time. Donghae on the other hand is busy typing his laptop and when he's not satisfied with the idea, he would delete it. To him, typing right now felt endless for he just can't find the right ideas for his novel. Sunye can see the novelist's brows furrowed. She had to admit that he is handsome but seeing his brow furrowed made him look cute to her. "Are you alright?"

Donghae sighed. "I guess so," he answered. "Actually, I don't know."

Sunye looked at him with worry. "What's wrong?"  Donghae looked at Sunye. He can tell that Sunye is a nice person and she can be trusted but he's not the type to open up that easily to a person he just met a few days ago.

"It's okay, if you don't want to tell me," said Sunye with a reassuring tone. "I understand because we just met a few days ago so it's normal for you to not open up that easily. But if you ever needed someone to talk to, I'm just here to listen since I know I'm pretty good at it. Only if  you are ready to open up."

Donghae smiled at Sunye and he can see the sincerity in her eyes. "Well I think you're a great listener," he said. Sunye giggled.

"Thanks," said Sunye smiling. "I guess I have to go because you might not want to be disturbed."

"Stay!" said Donghae as he turned off his computer. "I could really use some company right now. That is if it's fine with you?" Sunye nodded and smiled. "But wait, can I get something in my room first," said Sunye. "I promise, I'll be back." Donghae nodded.

Sunye went to her room and a few minutes later, she's back with three novels in her hands. Donghae's eyes widened. "Do you remember the promise you gave me when you gave me a lift on the way here?" asked Sunye. "You said you'll sign my copy of your novels so you better keep your promise."

Donghae chuckled. He thought Sunye looked cute while asking for his signature. "Of course I will," said Donghae. "You have my word. But I don't have a pen."

"I have one with me," said Sunye. "Because I kind of anticipated that you don't have one with you right now." Donghae chuckled then he took the pen from Sunye and signed the books which pleased Sunye.

Meanwhile...

The two youngsters, Hara and Jonghyyun, went to the third floor. They were pleased and amazed at what they saw. It has two rooms and one is a recreational room while the other is a fitness room. It has a wide flat screen tv with the latest playstation with guitar hero, a ktv machine, pingpong table, billards and a football table. One shelf is filled with DVD's and bluray discs.

"I told ya," said Jonghyun. "We might find something interesting.

"Yeah, I'm glad I went with you!" said Hara. "Let's kill the boredom!"

The two youngsters played guitar hero. They had fun playing with each other. Jonghyun kept on winning. Hara kept on complaining because she only won at least twice and it's always Jonghyun.

"Jeez! Are you cheating?" asked Hara.

"Yah! I'm not a cheater," said Jonghyun. "I'm just really good at this."

"Urgh! I lost again!" whined Hara.

Jonghyun just chuckled. "You'll never beat me, pabo!"

"Well I already defeated you twice!" said Hara. When they were tired of playing guitar hero, the two just decided to watch a movie.

At the seashore...

Yoona sat on the carpet that shielded her from the beach sand. She had her artpad on her lap and holding a paintbrush with her camera on the side. She had been walking for a while in the beach and taking pictures. The view made her calm and she decided to paint it. She was so engrossed with painting that she didn't notice that someone just arrived.

"Wow! Even if you're a photographer you can be a painter," said Jiyong which startled her. "You're really good."

Again, Yoona can feel her heart beating like a drum. "Be still, my heart," she told herself mentally. She smiled at Jiyong. "Thanks."

"I hope you don't mind if I sit with you?" asked Jiyong who was carrying a notebook and a pen in his hand. Yoona moved to the side a little, giving space for the blonde haired guy. "It's great isn'it?" said Jiyong looking at the firmament. "To be away from the city sometimes."

Yoona looked at Jiyong then at the firmament. "Yeah," she said. "So what brings you here?"

Jiyong looked at Yoona. "I thought the view here is relaxing so I thought maybe this would be a good place for me to right some songs." Yoona's mouth formed into an O shape.

Jiyong chuckled while looking at Yoona. Yoona's brows furrowed and her lips pouted. "What's funny?"

Jiyong chuckled again. "I just thought you looked cute looking like that." Yoona blushed. She looked the other way for him not to see her blush.

"Hey, why don't you finish painting as I write and finish my song," said Jiyong. "Coz it seems you're already doing a great job and it will be put to waste if you can't finish it. And I would love to see the finished product, though I'm already sure it's going to be a good one."

Yoona blushed again but was able to calm herself and smiled. "Alright, I'll finish this and I'll show it to you," said Yoona, raising her eyebrow and with a challenging tone. "As long you'll also let me read the song you wrote here when you're done."

Jiyong chuckled. "Deal," he said as he and Yoona shake hands.

At the poolside...

Dara is leaning in one of the benches and is busy reading one of her textbooks. She is so engrossed with her book that she failed to notice that someone just walked in. Jaejoong spotted Dara and a smirk formed on his face. The lady obviously didn't notice him. Jaejoong scanned the lady from head to toe. She is wearing a pink top, a white short, with glasses covering her eyes. Her skin is glowing and he likes looking at her slim legs. It's normal for him to be like that, he's a guy after all.

Dara startled when someone moved her book downwards.. She frowned upon seeing who it was. "Hey, join me," said Jaejoong with a naughty grin. "Let's take a dip in the pool."

Dara rolled her eyes. "If it's with you, then I think I'll pass," said Dara with brows furrowed and lips pouting.

Jaejoong thought Dara looked cute. He had to admit that she is indeed pretty. Well, all the girls here are, but he just prefers Dara's. To each his own anyway. And he had to admit that when they argue sometimes, he always had the urge to kiss her like now. "Jeez, it's summer," said Jaejoong. "We're her to relax, not to have this as an extension of university life."

Dara scowled at Jaejoong's remark. "Look, it's none of your business if I want to study," said Dara. "Coz unlike you, I'm really serious on becoming a doctor." Then Dara resumed reading.

"Tch. You're boring," said Jaejoong as he jumped on the pool.

"Thank you! Now leave me alone!" said Dara, rolling her eyes and continued reading.

Jaejoong had been swimming in the pool back and forth, hoping that Dara will notice him but she didn't. He's getting frustrated because girls usually notice him even when he's not trying to catch their attention. But this time, he's been trying to catch someone's attention, yet that person doesn't even care a bit. He wondered if she's doing this on purpose or she's just really engrossed with her book. He sighed and got out of the pool and walked towards Dara.

Dara's reading was interrupted when someone took her book from her. She mentally cursed the one who took her textbook, in the person of Kim Jaejoong. "Give me that back!" Jaejoong just laughed. He used his height as an advantage because he knew that she can't reach him for he's much taller than her. Dara tried and tried reaching it but failed. She even climbed on one of the benches but failed. Jaejoong laughed at Dara's failed attempts.

Dara is really loosing her temper. The man in front of him had been getting on her nerves lately. Then she looked at him one last time and she thought he looked hot but quickly shove those thoughts away for she had to focus on having her book back. "Give me that book, pretty boy!" Jaejoong's ears were ringing when he heard her call him pretty boy. He really hated it when someone calls him pretty boy. It's an insult. Dara can tell that he was offended so she smirked at him.

"You'll regret calling me pretty boy," growled Jaejoong which startled and scared Dara who made a mental note not to call him pretty boy anymore. Jaejoong walked towards Dara who tried to run away from him but before she did, he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her with him as he jumped into the water.

"I hate you!" screamed Dara! Jaejoong just laughed at Dara. Their bodies are half-submerged and they are soaking wet. Dara removed her glasses but realized that there was no dry cloth around for her to wipe her glasses.

Jaejoong looked at Dara's face. He finally had a glimpse of her face not wearing glasses. He liked it which is an understatement, he loved it. Dara is about to wear her glasses but Jaejoong stopped her. "You look beautiful without your glasses," said Jaejoong.

Dara can feel her cheeks flushing but quickly regained her normal color. "Jerk!" she screamed and got out of the water then grabbed her textbook and went inside the house. Jaejoong just laughed at the fuming lady and followed her. He thought that pissing Dara will be his favorite past time during their stay here.

 

The day has finally ended. Hyunjoong and Jaejoong are sitting on their respective beds. "Hey, what did you do to Dara that made her hate you?" Jaejoong just chuckled and explained everything that had happened between them earlier. Hyunjoong listened and chuckled as soon as he heard the whole story. "Pabo! That cousin of mine hates being disturbed while studying."

"Yeah, I noticed coz she seems really focused earlier and not even noticing that I was already there," said Jaejoong with a hint of amusement. "Your cousin has some feistiness in her as well."

Hyunjoong nodded. "She really wants to be a doctor in the future," he said. "I even wonder at times if how her life is since I just like having fun but she seems to not mind studying all the time and she loves learning."

Jaejoong chuckled. "Wow, she's really serious with the course I hated and dropped off," said Jaejoong. "If my dedication to medicine school was just like her's then I would've been my dad's favorite son."

Hyunjoong chuckled. "Getting emotional are we?"

Jaejoong just laughed at her friend's teasing question. "I better go to sleep for I have to wake up early. That cousin of yours might skin me alive if I don't wake up early."

As soon as Jaejoong dozed off, Hyunjoong decided to go out and go to the balcony. He's not feeling sleepy yet. In the balcony, he spotted a familiar figure. "Still awake eh?"

Eunjung paused from typing and looked at the owner of the voice. "Yeah, I have to work on my promotion and my roommates are already asleep."

Hyunjoong sat on the chair beside the busy woman. He scanned the lady beside him and can tell how focused she was in her work. "You're really aiming that promotion, huh?" Eunjung looked at Hyunjoong weirdly after hearing his question.

"Of course I am," she answered with a hint of irritation. "Are you not sleepy?" Hyunjoong shook his head.

Eunjung sighed. "Okay, you can stay here but don't disturb me," she warned. "This promotion is really important to me."

"Okay, but after you have this promotion, what will you do?"

"Aim for another promotion of a much higher position," said Eunjung confidently which earned a chuckle from Hyunjoong. "What's funny?"

"You're impossible, another promotion after one promotion," said Hyunjoong.

Eunjung rolled her eyes and looked at the gentleman beside him. "What's wrong with that?" said Eunjung giving him weird looks. "You know what they say, reach for the stars. People must aim the highest position they can get and be the best they will be for them to live with no regrets. As for me, I won't live with regrets if I reach the peak of the mountain."

Hyunjoong smirked.. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

Eunjung was taken aback with the question. She stared at the gentleman blankly. "It's none of your business," she answered coldly then she saved the files she's typing and shut down her laptop. "I'm going to bed."

Before Eunjung was about to walk, Hyunjoong grabbed her wrist. "You forgot my goodnight kiss," he said and pulled her unto him and crashed his lips on hers. He devoured her lips while she protested through her moans. Eunjung tried to push Hyunjoong but failed. Then Hyunjoong pulled away.

"Thanks," he muttered but earned a slap from Eunjung. Eunjung ran away from him as fast as she could. Her heartbeat racing from what happened earlier. She felt how a great kisser he is but tosed those thoughts aside and entered her room. Hyunjoong on the other hand held his slapped cheek and chuckled. Instead of getting mad, he was even more amused. It's not the first time he kissed a girl like that but it's the first time he got a reaction like that. So that's how it felt to be slapped for it was his first time to be slapped his entire life and most especially, by a girl.

 

 

 

So the taking turns of their chores started.

Even though this chapter was dominated by the hyunjung? eunjoong? hyun-eun? joong-jung? or whatever their couple name is, each couples moments were shown... and they kissed!!!

What do you think? Please don't forget to leave a comment...

Up next...for jaedara fans, the moment you've been waiting for...it's their turn to cook!!!...LOL!

Next chapter will be posted soon...

Have fun reading this chapter!