Chapter 10: Matchmaking Business

Welcome to the Beach House

 

 

Dara is busy reading her medical textbooks and not minding Jaejoong who is sitting beside her. Jaejoong just looked at Dara and rolled her eyes. He grabbed the book from Dara's hands who glared at him. "What are you doing?" asked Dara, panicking. "Give me my book back! Can't you see I'm busy here?"

Jaejoong rolled his eyes as soon as he heard the word "busy" come out from Dara's mouth. "That's the point!" squealed Jaejoong. "You're making yourself busy with schoolwork when it's summer."

Dara gave Jaejoong a deathly glare. "Well, I don't see anything wrong with making my time useful."

"Blah...blah...blah," mumbled Jaejoong.

Dara can feel herself fuming with the guy's behavior. "So rude!"

Jaejoong looked at Dara amused. "I'm bored," said Jaejoong.

Dara sighed. "What do you want to do?"

An impish idea popped in his mind. "Let's find some people to bother," said Jaejoong as if it's the most normal thing to do.

"Eh?" said Dara with eyebrows furrowed. "You really like messing around with others' lives do you?"

Jaejoong chuckled at the question. "Only when I'm bored," he said then stood up from his chair and pulled Dara who can't help but stand up from her chair and follow Jaejoong since she is being pulled up by the taller and stronger man. "Let's go!"

Dara sighed since she can't really win against him. It's either he'll take advantage of the fact that he's stronger than her physically or he'll just blackmail her endlessly if she won't succumb to what he wants. She's not in the mood to argue with him either and it left her no choice but to follow him.

Donghae was having a good time talking to Sunye at the poolside table. A few minutes later, Sunye's phone rang so she excused herself for a while to answer her phone. Donghae was startled when someone occupied the empty chairs by Dara and Jaejoong. The latter extended his arms on Donghae's shoulders. "Donghae ssi," said Jaejoong in a mischievous tone. "What do you think of Sunye?"

Donghae raised his eyebrow at Jaejoong. He finds it odd  that this guy whom he is not even close to is asking him about Sunye like something's going on when in fact nothing's going on. "Why? What about her?" he asked.

"What can you say about her?" Jaejoong asked.

"She's a fine lady," said Donghae. "She’s nice and easy to get along with. Why did you ask?"

Jaejoong just chuckled. "Okay, so don't you see her in a different light?" he asked. Dara just facepalmed herself. She can tell that Jaejoong is trying to match Donghae with Sunye. "I'm sure both of you will look good together," continued Jaejoong.

Donghae looked puzzled at the questions Jaejoong is giving him. "We're just friends," said Donghae bluntly. "She has a boyfriend and I have no intention to destroy what they have if that's what you're trying to do."

"But Donghae, they are not yet married," answered Jaejoong. Donghae raised his eyebrow. "So what if they are not married yet."

Jaejoong sighed. "Don't you see it?" he said trying his best to convince the novelist. "They are not yet married so you still have a chance with her."

"But she's just a friend," said Donghae nonchalantly. "It's not as if I'm going to pursue her."

Jaejoong is getting annoyed. He can't see any signs of embarrassment or panic from the guy. The guy is obviously firm with just being friends with the lady. "Who knows, maybe you're meant for each other."

 Donghae just chuckled. "What are you trying to tell me Jaejoong ssi?" he asked. “Are you trying to play cupid with me and Sunye?”

Dara laughed as soon as he heard Donghae ask. Then she stood up and pulled Jaejoong with him. “Sorry for troubling you,” she said. “He’s just really bored and boredom had really affected his brain.”

When Jaejoong and Dara are out of sight, Sunye just finished his call and sat on the empty chair in front of Donghae. “So what were you, Jaejoong ssi and Dara ssi talking about?” she asked.

“Nothing,” said Donghae. “That guy had nothing better to do so he just decided to bother other people but he failed to get to me.”

Sunye chuckled at Donghae’s answer. “Well obviously, he can’t get through your aloof persona.”

“So how was the call with your boyfriend?”

The question suddenly changed Sunye’s happy expression into a gloomy one and the same for her aura. “Uhmm, he’s really busy so we did not talk much,” answered Sunye. Donghae can sense that something’s wrong with Sunye’s relationship with her boyfriend but chose to just keep quiet. He just tapped Sunye’s shoulder. The lady looked at him and he just gave her a gentle smile.

“You know you can tell me everything when you’re ready,” said Donghae. “I’m your friend, remember?”

Sunye gave a thankful smile at her friend. “Thanks,” she said to him.

Dara paused herself from walking and let go of Jaejoong’s hand. “Your attempt to match Donghae with Sunye earlier was a total fail,” said Dara, controlling her laughter.

Jaejoong scowled. “Why is that?”

Dara, finally let go of her laughter. “Sunye, according to him has a boyfriend,” said Dara. “So are you going to encourage him to be the third party to Sunye’s relationship? And looking at him, I don’t think he’s the type to involve himself into something complicated especially when he has his future novel to worry, whom his fans, myself included are really anticipating.”

“So what if Sunye has a boyfriend?” asked Jaejoong. “It’s not like their married. What’s wrong with being the third party anyway? In fact, third parties are important because they are there to make couples realize that are not right for each other.”

Dara just gaped at Jaejoong’s response. “I can’t believe you, really,” she said, giving light punches on Jaejoong’s arm.

Then Jaejoong and Dara saw Hara and Jonghyun go upstairs to the third floor of the house. An idea suddenly popped into Jaejoong’s mind making him smirk. Dara caught him smirk and boy, she already knew that another ingenious plan appeared on the pretty guy’s mind. “So what have you thought again this time,” she asked in a bored tone. Jaejoong did not answer her and just dragged her with him. “Seriously, am I really that small and light that he can just drag me easily?” she thought to herself.

They went upstairs to where Hara and Jonghyun are. Jae leaned closer to her ear and whispered to him, “We should matchmake these kiddos as well.”

Dara shook her head and groaned slightly. “But aren’t they too young to be in a relationship?” asked Dara.

Jaejoong chuckled at Dara’s question. “Oh come on!” said Jaejoong in a “are you kidding me way” as he looked at Dara. “I’ve seen 13 year olds having boyfriends. Not everyone leads a boring life like you do, you know?”

Dara was offended at what Jaejoong just told him. He is maybe growing in on her these past days but he will always be that jerk that gets on her nerves. “Excuse me?” she said in protest. “I don’t see anything boring in my life.”

Jaejoong burst out in laughter at Dara’s response. “Yes you do,” said Jaejoong with a smile, poking fun of the bespetacled girl. “It’s summer and you like to keep yourself busy with those textbook and say “I’m going to a great doctor someday,” as a reason. I’m not surprise if you never had a boyfriend because I bet you scare them with those thick glasses and thick books of yours.”

Dara is fuming because of Jaejoong’s words. “What’s wrong with being a doctor, wear thick glasses and read thick textbooks,” she argued. “At least I have a goal in life. As for the glasses, it’s not my fault if I was born with eye problems. I’m going because I’m not going to take another insult from you.”

Jaejoong chuckled at Dara. Dara was about to walk but Jaejoong grabbed her wrist. “Don’t be mad I’m just joking,” he said. “Can’t you take a joke? Jeez! You are so sensitive.”

Dara glared at Jaejoong and looked another way. “Not all jokes are funny, you know,” she just mumbled.

Jaejoong sighed and cupped Dara’s pace and turned it to face him. “Okay, I’m sorry if I offended you,” he said. Dara just rolled her eyes so he decided to do some aegyo.

Dara cringed at seeing him do aegyo. “Alright! I forgive you, just stop!” she yelled. “You look pathetic doing aegyo!”

“Ouch! That hurts!” he said creating a fake expression of being hurt. “That’s the first time I’ve ever done aegyo to a girl so you should at least not be mean to me.”

“Wow! I’m so honored to be the first one to see your precious aegyo,” said Dara sarcastically.

Jaejoong giggled then pulled Dara’s with him. “Let’s go join the kiddos!” Dara just sighed seeing her body being pulled again.

Jaejoong and Dara joined the younger pair inside the recreation room. They had a good time playing playstation 3 and sing karaoke. A few moments later, the foursome decided to have a rest.

“”It was so fun!” said Jonghyun. “It’s a good thing that aunt Jihyun thought of putting a recreation room to relieve us from our boredom. It’s also great to be hanging out with you Jaejoong ssi and Dara ssi.” Hara nodded as well at Jonghyun’s remark.

“Let’s drop the formalities, call me hyung,” said Jaejoong, looking at Jonghyun and then he turned to Hara. “You may call me oppa.”

“Okay, hyung!”

“Yes, oppa!”

“You may also call Dara, noona and unnie,” right Dara?” said Jaejoong then turned to Dara to see her confirmation.

Dara was startled at Jaejoong proclamation on her being called noona or unnie by the younger housemates. “Eh?” Yeah,” she answered awkwardly.

“Noona!”

“Unnie!”

Dara just smiled at them. An idea popped again in Jaejoong’s mind that made him smirk again. “So, what’s going on between the two of you?” he asked with curiosity looking at Jonghyun and Hara. The other three people was shocked at the question. The younger housemates gaped at Jae’s question.

“Uhmm…hyung, we’re just friends,” said Jonghyun firmly and Hara just nodded. “And aren’t we too young to think about those things.”

Dara mentally applauded Jonghyun’s response. Then Jaejoong continued talking. “That’s the point, you’re young,” he said. “That’s why you should have fun as you like. Explore different things. That’s how being young is supposed to be.”

“But oppa, we’re having fun,” said Hara. “And we also explore a lot of things.”

“Then why don’t you try dating,” said Jaejoong. “Just for experience’s sake. To make yourselves ready for the real one.” Hara and Jonghyun just looked at each other because even though they can’t read each other’s minds, they coincidentally have the same views regarding issues such as dating.. Both teens find it awkward to talk about those things when they themselves never thought about it until Jaejoong opened up about it. They never thought about it because they understood the fact that they are not ready for it and can still have fun without dating and by just fooling around with friends or do what they like.

Dara just looked at the teens and can tell that both felt awkward with that type of topic. She can understand because if being asked about why she doesn’t have a boyfriend yet, she’ll feel awkward as well for she’s not ready but some people find it weird. She’ll just roll her eyes if some people will have violent reactions. She just can’t understand why is the world so obsessed with dating and intimacy? It’s not bad being single, right? Dara cleared . “Just leave them alone Jae,” she said calmly. “Their obviously not interested with dating so just let them do what they want and not force them to date each other.”

Dara then looked at the younger housemates. “Don’t mind what he said, just do your own thing.” she said, winking at them. Then she face Jaejoong who just looked at her. “Let’s go,” she said giving Jae a small smile.

Jae just nodded and they stood up. “We’ll be going, kiddos,” said Jaejoong.

When they reached the second floor, Jaejoong looked at Dara who was looking at him. “I know, my matchmaking attempt failed,” he mumbled with disappointment. Dara giggled. “Well you know what they say, if at first you don’t succeed, try and try again,” she said still giggling. Jaejoong giggled with Dara until they heard a loud voice away from them that made the two stop..

“Will you stop bothering me!” said the voice angrily. “Can’t you see I’m busy!”

Jaejoong and Dara looked at the direction where the angry voice was coming from. They saw the culprit and realized the voice came from a fuming Eunjung who was being pestered by Hyunjoong. Jaejoong smiled as if it’s his lucky day. Dara, by just looking at Jae, already knows what he’s thinking. “Do you think we should really set them up?” asked Dara.

Jaejoong looked at Dara.  “Of course! Why did you ask?” he answered looking at Dara.

Dara sighed. “It’s just that I know my own cousin and what he’s capable of doing,” she answered.

Jaejoong looked at Dara questioningly. “What do you mean?”

“It’s just that my cousin is a playboy,” said Dara. “He doesn’t know how to settle with one lady and I fear that he might just hurt Eunjung. That girl may give a y and cold aura but I can tell that she’s not that bad and that she has a vulnerable side. I just don’t want to see her get hurt because of Hyunjoong’s womanizing habits and I definitely don’t want to be responsible or be guilty of making someone cry because we set her up with my cousin. You get what I mean?”

Jaejoong stared at Dara’s eyes. He can see the serious look on her face and he understands what she means. “I get what you mean but your cousin is not that bad either,” said Jaejoong. “Maybe he is a playboy now but that doesn’t mean he won’t change. People change when they meet someone who will have an effect on them that will make them change. In a playboy’s case, they like to fool around with different women but that will change when they meet the right woman that they think is worth their devotion.”

Dara was awed with Jaejoong reasoning. “Wow, you really know how to rationalize, do you?” said Dara. “And they are quite deep.”

Jaejoong chuckled. “Of course I am,” he said suavely. “I’m the great Kim Jaejoong, remember!”

Dara rolled her eyes. “Whatever!” Jaejoong grabbed Dara’s hand and pulled her with him as they walk towards Eunjung and Hyunjoong.

Eunjung was busy typing but Hyunjoong kept on poking her cheeks and shoulders. Hyunjoong is also combing her shiny shoulder length hair with his fingertips. Eunjung slapped his arm away from her. “Don’t you know the meaning of the word stop?” she asked, annoyed. “Don’t you have anything useful to do other than pestering me?”

Hyunjoong smirked. He is clearly amused with her reaction. “I know what stop means but I just don’t apply it when it comes to you,” he said in a husky tone. “And as for doing anything useful, for me, being around you is useful enough.” Eunjung groaned with frustration. This guy won’t just stop even if she probably threaten of stabbing him. Then someone’s laugh caught both the arguing pair's attention.

They turned to the direction of where that laugh comes from and saw a grinning Jaejoong and puzzled Dara. “Hey there dude!” greeted Jaejoong and the two friends gave each other a high five. “

Hey Eunjung.” Eunjung smiled at Dara but just nodded coldly at Jaejoong. Jaejoong didn’t mind the cold shoulder treatment from his cousin.

“So, I noticed that the two of you have been hanging out with each other lately,” said Jaejoong teasingly. Hyunjoong chuckled but Eunjung gave Jaejoong death glares. “Is there something going on between the two of you that we don’t know?”

 Eunjung stopped from typing and looked at Jaejoong. She thought that if only murder isn’t a crime she would’ve killed her cousin first then he’ll come after Hyunjoong as soon as she’s done with Jaejoong. Since murder is a crime, she will not do it but it’s so tempting right now. Jaejoong can see the death glares Eunjung is giving him but he just gave her an innocent smile. Dara just kept shut to observe the people around her. Hyunjoong extended his arm to Eunjung’s shoulder. “Let’s just say, we can’t get enough of each other,” he said teasingly.

Eunjung gaped and tried to shove Hunjoong’s arm but failed. “Will you please get your arm off me!” she said.

Hyunjoong chuckled. “Okay, okay!” he said. “Aigoo, you’re so cute when you’re fuming.” Eunjung blushed then looked the other way hoping that Jae and Dara didn’t see her blush but she’s wrong.

Jae and Dara did see her blush which made a naughty smile crept upon Jaejoong face. “You know what, the two of you look good together,” he said. “Right Dara?” Dara nodded.

“I know right,” said Hyunjoong and what’s weird is that, he felt happy hearing from other people that they look good together.

Eunjung on the other hand is starting lose her patience because of the two men. “Yah! Will you shut up!” she yelled.

“Wanna know what I think?” said Jae, still with his naughty smirk. The three people looked at him. “I think the two of you,” he said looking at his cousin and his dear friend. “Will make cute babies.”

Hyunjoong laughed at Jaejoong’s remark. “Can’t agree with you more.” Dara knows that it wasn’t a funny joke for Eunjung’s part but she can’t help but find it funny and she is trying her best to stop her laughter. Eunjung on the other hand is finally angered. Angered is an understatement, she is enraged this time. “I’m out in here!” she closed her laptop and stood up.

She is stomping her foot as she walks. Hyunjoong stood up and followed her. Dara and Jaejoong just stayed in their seats listening to Eunjung’s outbursts. “Can you please stop following me!” they can hear Eunjung saying which made them turn their heads to see what’s happening. “You already know that I’m working for a promotion which is so important for me but you’re not giving me any peace of mind.” Hyunjoong just look at her as she continues her outbursts. Then he suddenly pulled her to an embrace which made her stop.

The embrace surprised Eunjung and what’s funny is that, instead of pushing him away, she kind of like the embrace and somehow felt calm and secured in his arms. She can smell his scent and it was good and manly. Jaejoong and Dara looked at the two. Dara’s eyes widened and was also surprised at what she’s seeing. Jaejoong on the other hand like what he saw and a triumphant smirk was formed on his face.

Eunjung finally came back to her senses and pulled away from Hyunjoong. She looked deeply into his eyes and she can see some weird emotions in his eyes but she just can’t explain it. She was speechless. “I-I have to go to my room,” was all she can say then walked towards the door of her room. Dara on the other hand, saw someone down the poolside. Even though she is looking from the balcony, the figure is so obvious. An idea popped into her mind. She stood up. “I’ have to go somewhere.” Jaejoong looked at her. “Where are you going?” he asked but did not get any answer from her since she is already far from him. He followed her walk but tapped Hyunjoong’s shoulder before completely leaving him.

Jiyong sat on one of the chairs of a table in the poolside. “Jiyong,” someone called her and saw that it is Dara. “Hope you don’t mind if I sit with you.” Jiyong smiled.

“Not at all.” Dara sat on a chair facing Jiyong. “Where’s Yoona?” she asked.

“She went to her room,” he answered. “She said she forgot something.”

Dara nodded. “What do you think of my cousin?” she asked, looking intently at him.

Jiyong was taken aback at Dara’s question. “Huh…Uhmm.,” Jiyong sighed. “I think she’s a great girl,” he said. “And I’m so lucky to have met someone like her.” Dara smiled at Jiyong’s answer.

Even though it was just a short answer, she can still see the passion in his eyes. “I know she’s a great girl.”

“What do you like most about him?” she interrogated him again.Jiyong smiled. “I like a lot of things about her but most of all, it’s her amazing character. She’s beautiful inside and out.”

“Do you like her?” she asked seriously.

Jiyong’s froze upon hearing the question. “Uhmm…like?” he asked.

Dara nodded. She can see him panick and that he’s shy to admit the truth and the affection he has is obvious. “Do you like her as a person?”

Jiyong laughed lightly. “Yes, of course,” he answered. “What’s not to like anyway.”

Dara smiled at his answer. “Agree.”

“So what do you feel when she’s around?” she asked looking into Jiyong’s eyes. Jaejoong finally arrived into the scene. “Hello guys,” he greeted but his lips pouted when the two people didn’t even recognize him.

Jiyong felt uncomfortable with Dara’s question but for some odd and unknown reasons, he likes that she is asking him these questions. “When she’s around, I feel really happy and that my day could never go wrong,” said Jiyong, his voice filled with affection which Dara noticed. “And what’s weird is that it’s like I’ve known her all my life. It felt like I’ve met her before.”

Dara listened as Jiyong answered her questions. While listening, she can’t help but be impressed with the passion and affection Jiyong is pouring into his answers. It seems like she is agreeing into Jaejoong’s idea of playing cupid to Jiyong and Yoona. If there’s someone who she wants to be Yoona’s boyfriend, it’s definitely Jiyong and she’ll definitely play cupid. “Please don’t tell her this,” said Jiyong shyly.

Dara smiled. “Don’t worry, your secret’s safe with me.”

“Darong!” Dara already knows who called her and turned to her. “What are you doing here?” Dara stood up and went to her cousin. “Just hanging out with Jiyong for a while,” she said looking at Jiyong then smiled at him and then looked at Yoona. Dara pulled her cousin with her in one corner where the two gentlemen won’t hear whatever she’s going to say to her cousin. “I like Jiyong,” she said, looking serious. “He’s a great guy.”

Yoona’s heart sank upon hearing those words come out from her cousin’s mouth. She can’t help but feel threatened and jealous but she knows that she doesn’t have the right to feel that way because they are just friends. She doesn't want to be rivals with her cousin. Did she just thought of rivals? “Oh,” was all she can say adn there was sadness in her voice. Dara can see the sadness in her cousin’s eyes. She can tell that she got the wrong idea. “Yeah, I like him for you,” he said. Yoona looked at her cousin wide eyed. “F-For me?” she asked, stuttering.

Dara nodded. “He’s good for you so go get him girl,” she said, winking at her cousin. Then she held her cousin’s hand and they walked towards the table. “Jae, let’s go to the recreation room,” she said. Jaejoong is still confused at how Dara is acting but just nodded and stood up. Dara smiled at her cousin and tapped her shoulders before leaving with Jaejoong.

Yoona is alone right now with Jiyong and sat on the chair in front of him. “So what were you and Dara talking about earlier?” she asked Jiyong.

Jiyong just smiled at her. “Secret,’ he said. “But it’s an interesting conversation.”

Yoona pouted but Jiyong pinched her cheeks. “Aigoo, you are so cute.” Yoona slapped Jiyong’s arm which made Jiyong stop from pinching her cheeks.

“Yah!” Jiyong just chuckled. That conversation relieved him. He was finally able to tell someone the feelings that had been cooking up inside him these past few days.

 

Jaejoong and Dara reached the stairs. “What was that back there?” asked Jaejoong.

Dara just smiled at him. “Don’t worry, I’m helping you with your matchmaking business in this house,” she answered. “You’re right. It’s going to be fun.

Jaejoong chuckled.” Told ya,” he muttered. “

Just leave Jiyong and Yoona to me but I also need you to play along with me,” she said.

Jaejoong nodded. “And I’ll do my best with Hyunjoong and Eunjung.” They shook each other’s hand.

“We’ve got a deal, babe,” he said.

“Got it!”

 

 

 

 

Chapter 10 posted...So what do you think?

Please don't forget to comment...

Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, voting and supporting this story...

Have fun reading this chapter and the whole story...

Next xhapter will be posted soon...