Chapter 12: Hints of Affection, Jealousy and Confusion

Welcome to the Beach House

 

Jaejoong, Dara, Hyunjoong and Eunjung were appointed to go to Seoul to buy the things needed for the picnic. The foursome arrived at the I'Park Mall. "Let's go to the hypermarket area and start buying what we need to buy," said Eunjung, with authority. "Then we can go back early."

Jaejoong chuckled at Eunjung's suggestion which earned him a glare from his cousin. "What's so funny?" asked Eunjung with annoyance.

"It's still early," said Jaejoong with a smirk. "How about if we look around the mall for a while then we can shop later? Besides, it felt like I haven't seen Seoul for such a long time and fooling around the mall won't be such a bad idea."

"I think I agree with you buddy," said Hyunjoong with a grin, giving his friend a high five. Dara was just quiet, she didn't really mind roaming aroung the mall for a while and she was not in a hurry anyway. Eunjung on the other hand is starting to lose her patience. She was planning to buy the things needed as soon as they get here then go back early to work on her promotion. She mentally cursed the two flower boys for destroying her plan.

"Alright! But let's meet here for lunch then we can go shopping afterwards," said Eunjung, trying to calm herself. "Let's go to the bookstore, Dara."

Dara beamed upon hearing the word bookstore. The only place in the mall she liked going to. "Sure! Let's go to th-" She was cut off by Jaejoong.

"Dara is going with me," said Jaejoong with an evil smirk. "Hyunjoong will be accompanying you."

Jaejoong and Hyunjoong grinned at each other. Dara just sighed, she knows that she can't really argue with Jaejoong. Eunjung clenched her fist wanting to punch the the two men.

"Fine! Let's go to the bookstore!" said Eunjung, dragging Hyunjoong with her. Jaejoong grinned at Dara triumphantly. Dara just rolled her eyes, she knew that this was Jae's way of getting Hyunjoong and Eunjung closer.

"So where do you want to go?" she asked the grinning Jae. "Of course, we'll stalk them. To the bookstore, off we go!" Jaejoong followed the other pair carefully, dragging Dara with him. Dara, always being dragged by the taller man was getting used to this situation.

 

Eunjung and Hyunjoong went to a bookstore. Eunjung was scanning through all the books while Hyunjoong just followed her like a lost puppy. "Why are we here?" asked Hyunjoong, already bored.

"We're here to look for books, duh!" answered Eunjung, rolling her eyes then continued scanning through the books. "What else will you do in a bookstore."

Hyunjoong chuckled at Eunjung's feisty response. "What kind of books are you looking for?"

"I'm looking for some leadership books to help me manage my new position when I get promoted," said Eunjung. "I also need some strategy books."

"Wow, you're already sure that you will be promoted?" asked Hyunjoong teasingly. Eunjung scoffed at Hyunjoong's question. "Of course I am!" she said, raising her eyebrow. "I know that I will get this promotion and no one's is going to stop me from reaching the top."

Hyunjoong can't help but be amused with the lady's confidence and strong-will. He had to admit that he found it attractive. At first impression, people might find her mean, cold and y but the more he spends time with her the more he becomes more fond of her. He is just not sure what kind of fondness though but he really enjoys Eunjung's company.

He stared at Eunjung while she was scanning through the books. He saw her face beamed and heard her say, "I found it!" He chuckled at how she looked. She looked like a kid who just found the toy she wanted to buy. It was priceless. He just followed her as she walked towards the counter holding a book entitled "True North: Discover Your Authentic Leadership." Eunjung suddenly stopped from walking. He can tell that something caught her eyes. He saw her walk towards a book so he just followed her.

"I think I will be needing this," said Eunjung with a serious expression. Hyunjoong was shocked at the book's title. It was entitiled "The Art of War." 

His eyebrows met upon seeing the title of the book. "Why on earth do you need that?"

"When I get my promotion, the competition will be tougher," said Eunjung confidently. "So I guess I'll be reading this to help me deal with the tougher competitions in the future. The author of this book is a well known strategist so I'm going to need some strategies too."

"You like being prepared," said Hyunjoong.

"Of course, just like what a soldier does," she said. "Going to a war prepared. Being unprepared means signing your own death wish."

"Impressive!" said Hyunjoong clapping at the Eunjung's remark. "When you get the promotion, make sure to treat me to lunch."

"Only if you will not keep on bugging me when I'm busy with work," she said.

"You got a deal" said Hyunjoong shaking Eunjung's hand.

After paying for the book, the pair got out of the bookstore. "So where do you want to go next?" asked Hyunjoong.

Eunjung raised her eyebrow trying to think where to go next. "Uhmm...how a bout if we go to the department store?"

"Okay, are you planning to buy something?" asked Hyunjoong.

"I guess I'll just see if I get to find something interesting like clothes or accessories," said Eunjung nonchalantly.

Hyunjoong chuckled. "I didn't know you're into clothes and accessories?"

Eunjung rolled her eyes. "What's wrong with that?" she asked, defensively. "I'm a girl so it's normal and besides, I don't spend a lot, okay!"

Hyunjoong grinned, not hiding his amusement. "If you say so."

The pair walked towards the department store. They went to the clothes section. "Looks like they are selling awesome stuff today," said Eunjung with satisfaction. "Can't wait for the sale."

"Yeah, they are awesome," said Hyunjoong then he looked at Eunjung intensely. "And I think all of them will look good on you."

Eunjung caught Hyunjoong's intense gaze on her. She felt his intense stare burning into her and there was a twitch in her stomach, her heartbeats racing and blood rushed through her cheeks. She immediately looked the other way for Hyunjoong to not see her blush. "Will you please stop flattering me," she said weakly.

"I'm not flattering you," said Hyunjoong, his voice huskier. "I'm just telling the truth."

Eunjung could feel her blush deepen but still managed to compose herself. "Thank you," she muttered then walked towards a rack of clothes being hanged. Hyunjoong just followed her. Eunjung thought it was awkward with Hyunjoong right now. She thought that scanning through the clothes would be a a good distraction. She had been scanning through the clothes but couldn't seem to find something worth buying and her thoughts would just drift to the person with her right now.

"So, what do you look for in a guy?" asked Hyunjoong, breaking the silence between them, making Eunjung startled, dropping the clothes she was holding earlier. Eunjung was taken aback with the question. She thought that it was unexpected of him to ask her about her ideal man. She couldn't understand either why he would ask her that all of a sudden and she didn't want to assume whatever he was thinking when he asked her that question.

"Uhmm...why d-did you ask?" asked Eunjung, stuttering. She leaned down, picked up the clothes she dropped but Hyunjoong also leaned down to pick up the clothes she dropped, Their fingers brushed which made Eunjung feel the electricity running from her touched finger coarsing to every parts of her body. They stared for a while until they were interrupted by a high pitched voice. "Hyunjoong oppa! Is that you?"

 

Meanwhile... the stalking pair, especially Jaejoong were getting bored. There was nothing interesting going on between the pair they've been stalking. All they ever did was talk and the stalking pair can't even hear their conversations. Dara can see disappointment in Jae's eyes and just shook her head. She has been tired of following the pair and just wanted to stop by at a cafe then have a latte. That would be relaxing for her.

Then Dara saw Jaejoong talking to a y girl. She could tell that they somehow knew each other.

"Really! Hyunjoong oppa is here?" asked the girl excitedly with her high pitched voice that Dara found annoying. "Where is he?"

"I'll tell you but promise me you won't tell him that you saw us here," said Jaejoong.

"Yes oppa! I promise!" said the girl. Then Jaejoong pointed the direction where Hyunjoong and Eunjung were for the girl to see. The girl then headed to where Hyunjoong was. 

Jaejoong smirked naughtily. Dara's eyebrows met. She could tell that Jaejoong had something planned. "Who was that girl?"

"Oh, that girl? Her name is Hyuna," answered Jaejoong with a smirk and his eyes were glued to the direction where Hyunjoong and Eunjung was. He watched as Hyuna was approaching the pair. "And let's say she's one of those girls Hyunjoong likes to mess around. We always see him when we go clubbing and he's got the hots for you cousin."

Dara rolled her eyes. "What a playboy," she muttered.

"Sshh...Let's just watch them," said Jaejoong. Dara scrunched her nose then did what Jae said.

 

"Hyunjoong oppa! Is that you!?"

Hyunjoong and Eunjung were startled with the high pitched voice. The pair finally went back to their senses and fixed themselves. Eunjung returned the clothes that she dropped on the rack. Hyunjoong's attention was captured by the y girl. "Oh..Hi..Hyuna."

"Oppa! You haven't called me in a long while," said the girl named Hyuna pouting her lips. Eunjung raised her eyebrow as she observed the girl. She couldn't understand it but for some unknown reasons, she found herself getting irrittated with the girls aegyo attempts.

"I've been busy," Hyunjoong answered. He looked at Eunjung in which he can tell that she was a bit annoyed and he liked it. He knew Hyuna was flirting with him as always, just like what she always did when they meet at a club.

"I see, but I'm glad to see you today," said Hyuna then she winked at Hyunjoong. "So, you wanna spend the night with me again?"

Hyunjoong chuckled at Hyuna's boldness. ""I don't mind at all," he answered in a husky flirty tone. "You know me, I like having fun.

Eunjung gaped at Hyunjoong's response. "Is he really going to leave me just to go with this girl," she thought, observing Hyuna from head to toe. "Geez! Guys! Falling for girls who like to catch guys attention by wearing revealing clothes. Some girls do lack class!"

Unknown to Eunjung, while she was in deep thought, Hyunjoong was observing her reaction. "And I know I can make you happy, oppa," said Hyuna seductively, winking at Hyunjoong. Eunjung clenched her fist, trying to calm herself. Hyunjoong just chuckled. He was clearly amused with the situation and seeing Eunjung fighting her jealousy made it ten times better.

"You definitely can," said Hyunjoong, touching Hyuna's chin with the tip of his index finger then trailing it down to her collarbone. Hyuna just giggled. "That tickles, oppa."

Eunjung decided to interfere with the two person flirting. "I think we should go," she said, grabbing Hyunjoong's elbow. "It's almost lunchtime and you told me that you'll take me to lunch." Eunjung tried her best to make her voice sound sweet even though all she wanted to do was yell at Hyunjoong. Hyunjoong felt the tension but it excited him even more. He can't wait to see a different side of Eunjung.

"Who are you and what is your relationship with Hyunjoong oppa?" said Hyuna, with eyebrows furrowed. Eunjung just gave her a cold smile. "I'm sorry but I don't know you," she said sweetly but Hyunjoong can sense the hidden venom into those words. "So my relationship with him is none of your concern."

Hyuna glared at Eunjung like she was about to kill her but Eunjung just smiled at her...in a mocking way. "Well, oppa is coming with me, right oppa?" said Hyuna doing her aegyo. Hyunjoong tried his best not to laugh. He knows that Hyuna is one hot woman but she looks ridiculous with her aegyo. He was not even planning to go with her. He was just playing along with her flirtiness to see how Eunjung would react and he was is indeed pleased with the result.

"No he's not, right honey?" said Eunjung, calmly still with a mocking sweet smile on her face. "Honey, is that the right way you treat your girlfriend? Flirting with other girls."

"Girlfriend? I don't believe you!" said Hyuna in disbelief. "Oppa doesn't like being in a relatiosnhip."

"That's true but that all changed when he met me," said Eunjung confidently. The words that came out from Eunjung's mouth stirred something inside from Hyunjoong especially the word "changed." He just looked at Eunjung intensely then he looked at as she speaks and gulped. He wanted to kiss her again.

"And he is indeed the sweetest man on earth," said Eunjung, clutching Hyunjoong's arm. Jealousy can be traced in Hyuna's face and she was clearly getting annoyed, much to Eunjung's dismay. Hyunjoong froze, he can't help but feel awkward but a deeper part of him is somehow glad to have Eunjung as his girlfriend then it shocked him. Does he really want Eunjung to be his girlfriend? Will he really change for her? Things are starting to confuse him.

"So Hyuna ssi, that's your name right?" said Eunjung and Hyuna nodded. "We better go."

"Then, why don't the two of you kiss in front of me to prove that you two are dating," said Hyuna smirking. Eunjung gulped at Hyuna's suggestion. Hyunjoong came back to his senses upon hearing Hyuna's suggestion. He looked at Eunjung's eyes and smiled with confidence. "Okay, if that's what you want."

Hyunjoong held Eunjung's waist then whispered at Eunjung, "Relax." Eunjung calmed herself and decided to play along and put both her arms on his neck. Hyunjoong leaned down and touched Eunjung's lips with his lips, giving her a chaste kiss. The feeling was great for Hyunjoong and weird at the same time. He had kissed a lot of girls in the past but somehow, only with Eunjung would his heart flutter in an unexplainable way. Could it be that he is indeed atrracted to her? It's not impossible since Eunjung is indeed beautiful. Wait, did he just call her beautiful? What kind of attraction if he was indeed attracted to her? Physical attraction or emotional attraction? It was getting more and more confusing for him so he decided to pull away breaking the kiss.

Eunjung was dazed with the kiss. It was nothing like their first kiss which was a bit rough. The kiss they shared earlier was chaste and sweet. She had to admit, she liked it and felt a little disappointment when it was broken. She looked at Hyunjoong's eyes who was looking at her with so much intense and she could see a hint of emotion but couldn't determine it. Her heartbeats racing, stomach twitching like butterflies flying all around. Everything was starting get confusing for her. She then looked at Hyuna who was still shocked at the kiss they shared earlier.

"I better go," said Hyuna then left, leaving the pair alone. Silence and awkwardness enveloped the two of them until it was disturbed by Hyunjoong's phone.

"It's Jae, he told me to meet them so we can have lunch," said Hyunjoong. Eunjung nodded and started walking but Hyunjoong grabbed her wrist.

"You were cool earlier," said Hyunjoong with fondness in her tone.

Eunjung rolled her eyes. "If I did not do that, you would've left me alone," said Eunjung. "I know guys are a er for girls with big s and big . And that girl is offering herself to you so I suppose you would have gave in."

Hyunjoong chuckled. "What you said is true, but," he said then looked at Eunjung. "I'm not really interested to go with her. Besides, If I went with her, I would've not tasted your lips again." Eunjung blushed at what Hyunjoong said.

"And believe me, I'd rather have your not so big than hers," said Hyunjoong, winking at Eunjung. Eunjung's face blushed deeper crossing her arms like covering her chest. "ert!"

Hyunjoong laughed. "Just kidding, let's go!" he said, holding Eunjung's hand as they walk together.

 

The rest of the day went on. The foursome met to have lunch together. After lunch, they had shopping to buy the food and the things they would need not just for the picnic but for the house. After shopping, They went home, with Hyunjoong driving and Eunjung occupying the sit beside the driver while Jaejoong and Dara occupying the back seat.

They finally arrived at the house. Jaejoong opened the door fo Dara while Hyunjoong opened the door for Eunjung. Jaejoong and Dara carried the things they bought as they go inside the house. Eunjung waited for Hyunjoong to close the trunk of his car. When Hyunjoong already closed the trunk of his car, Eunjung was about to walk towards inside the house but Hyunjoong grabbed her wrist.

"I'm sorry, but I really want to do this," he whispered and leaned down crashing his lips on her lips.

The feel of his lips on hers made her feel the electricity again coarsing through every parts of her body. It also stirred something in her. Could it be that she was also attracted to this pretty model and to what extent? Hyunjoong deepened the kiss, devouring  her lips hungrily. Eunjung on the other hand didn't mind anymore if other people might walk in on them or see them. She liked the kiss and did not hesitate to kiss back which made her drop whatever she was holding and put both her arms on his neck.

Hyunjoong smiled as she felt her kiss him back. He knew that their relationship was something that couldn't be defined for now. It was a bit twisted, he didn't do commitments or any serious types of relationships and just likes to play around with different girls while she was just recovering from a heartbreak and probably not ready to trust someone and open up her heart. But whatever it is, he doesn't care. He is attracted to her and he can feel that she is too. The feeling is mutual between them. They just kissed for who knows how long like they don't give a care about the other people that might catch them. They kissed like they are just the two people in this world.

 

 

 

 

 

Finally, I can post this!

For HyunJung couple fans who voted for their favorite couple in this story....

This is for you!

So I hope you like this!

What can you say about this chapter and HyunJung moments...

Please don't forget to leave a comment...

THanks for the support that you give to this story and hope that you will support this story up to the last chapter...

Next chapter will be posted soon!

Have fun reading!