Chapter 3: Staying in One Roof

Welcome to the Beach House

Dara and Yoona finally arrived at their late aunt's beach house. By looking at the parking lot, they can tell that they are the first to arrive. As they walk towards the house, they cannot help but admire the surroundings. Yoona thought that the architectural style of the beach house was an amazing piece of modern art. Dara on the other hand felt so relaxed upon seeing the beach for it made her forget the stress that awaited her at med school when the school year starts. They got inside and they were greeted by Young Min, the butler who lead them upstairs where the rooms are and instructed them to choose the room of their choice. They chose the room with two single beds. They started unpacking and arranging their clothes inside their closet. They organized their things into the room as soon as they entered.

"Hey Darong! Can we go to the beach when we are done here?" Yoona asked her cousin who is busy arranging her books. "It's not yet dark anyway."

Dara smiled at her cousin and nodded. "Of course. That would be great." Yoona smiled at her cousin's response.

 

 Hyunjoong finally arrived at his aunt's beach house. A few minutes later, a car arrived and it was no other than Jaejoong wearing his Rayban. They give each others a high-five and and tapped each other's back. They got in and was greeted by the butler who also lead them upstairs where the rooms are and told them to choose the room of their choice. They were also informed that Dara and Yoona were already here. Hyunjoong just nodded upon hearing his two cousins' names. The two pretty boys chose a bedroom with two single beds pretty much like what Dara and Yoona chose. They lay down on their respective beds for a while.

"Two girls arrived earlier than us," said Jaejoong with a mischievous grin on his face. "We definitely need to introduce ourselves to them."

"No need for me, they are my dear favorite cousins," said Hyunjoong.

"Bwoh? Are they pretty?" asked Jaejoong.

Hyunjoong raised his eyebrow as he answered his friend, "I'm good looking so of course they are!"

"You better introduce them to me because who knows?" said Jaejoong . "I might become your cousin-in-law after meeting them later and for them to be captivated by my charms.

"Hyunjoong just chuckled at his friend's remark. "I don't think so. They are not the type who gets charmed by guys easily, you know."

 

Jiyong finally arrived at the beach house. He too was greeted by the butler and was led upstairs to where the rooms are. When they where finally upstairs, a door of one of the rooms opened. A girl came out, so beautiful like an angel. Their eyes met. Upon looking at her eyes, he suddenly felt as if it was just the two of them in the whole world. He thought that he had seen those eyes before. He just doesn't know when, where and how. He felt something stir inside him as he stared at the beautiful lady. He can feel his heartbeat racing for some unknown reasons.

 

The two girls finally finished organizing their stuff. "Let's go to the shore Darong!" said Yoona, grabbing her camera as she excitedly goes out of the room. Then she met the man with dirty blonde hair who was with Young Min. She stared into his dark eyes and suddenly, it felt like it was just the two of them in the whole world. Those eyes totally looked familiar to her but she doesn't remember when, where and how, she saw those eyes. She felt nostalgic while looking into those dark eyes. It’s like the guy has been a part of her but she just can’t lay a finger on why and how.

Dara came out of their room to follow Yoona only to see her frozen in front of a guy she doesn’t know. As she observed the two and she realized that they were looking at each other but they did not notice that there are people around them. She saw her other cousin Hyunjoong with a guy who is equally as pretty as him. Dara just sighed, she thought that Yoona and the mystery guy, are probably a billion lightyears away from Earth. “Aliens!"  She referred to them in her thoughts. She called her doe-eyed cousin’s name but it’s no use, she’s totally petrified. She decided to snap her fingers close to Yoona’s ear that’s enough for her to hear. Yoona jumped upon hearing Dara’s snapped fingers and suddenly came back to her senses. “Earth to Yoongie!” said Dara with a hint of annoyance in her tone. “Let’s go.”

“Mianhe! Darong,” said Yoona and followed her petite cousin. She looked at the guy one last time and gave him a light bow and walked away. Jiyong just looked at Yoona’s retreating figure. He just shook his head and went to the room the butler instructed him to go to since it’s the only remaining room for men. Hyunjoong and Jaejoong decided to follow the two girls downstairs.

Yoona and Dara went outside the beach.Yoona is taking pictures of the sea, the shore and the coastline while Dara on the other hand, just relaxed at the fantastic view in front of her as she breathe the fresh air and feel the sea breeze through her skin. “Yoongie! Darong!” The two girls turned to the direction of the person who called them and it turned out to be their cousin Hyunjoong with a friend.

“It’s nice to see you here Oppa,” said Yoona with a smile. “Hello Hyunjoong,” said Dara monotonously.

“Awwh! You don’t really like calling me Oppa don’t you, Darong?” asked Hyunjoong teasingly then smiled at Yoona.

Dara scowled at his cousin’s teasing question. “I just find it weird calling you oppa when at times you act like you have the mental capacity of a 17 year old when you’re in your mid twenties.”

“Ouch! That hurts Darong,” says Hyunjoong with a fake hurt tone. Dara just rolled her eyes while Yoona giggled. Hyunjoong remembered Jaejoong. “By the way, this is my friend Kim Jaejoong,” said Hyunjoong as he introduced Jaejoong to his cousins. “These are my cousins Im Yoona and Park Sandara or Dara for short.”

Jaejoong smirked naughtily that Yoona failed to recognize but earned a frown from Dara though the pretty boy didn’t see her frowning face. “Nice to meet you Jaejoong ssi” said Yoona politely as she takes a bow.

Jaejoong grabbed her hand and kissed it. “The pleasure is mine to meet such lovely ladies,” says Jaejoong in a swooning tone. Yoona just gave him a genuine smile as she gently pulls her hand from Jaejoong at the same time and resumed taking pictures of the sea.

Jaejoong noticed that he failed charming Yoona but shrugged and turned to Dara, flashing his most charming smile, exposing his pearly white teeth. Dara narrowed her eyes and scanned Jaejoong. She thought that he is indeed good looking but realized that he is just like her arrogant cousin or probably worse. “Does he really think that he looks impressive with that Cassanova act?” she thought. Jaejoong grabbed her hand and leaned forward to kiss it like what he did to Yoona’s. “Birds of the same feather flock together. So vain and arrogant!” thought Dara not noticing that she already muttered those words enough for Jaejoong to hear which made the latter refrain from kissing Dara’s hand. He was dumbfounded at what he just heard and looked at her. “Oh! Nice meeting you!” said Dara as she shook his hand and pulled away from his grip and bowed, trying to be polite. Then Dara pulled Yoona. “Let’s go over there Yoongie,” said Dara, pulling Yoona’s hand and dragging her to the direction she was referring to. “I think the view and the atmosphere is better over there.”

“What was that back there?” asked Yoona as they walk towards the direction Dara pointed out. “That was just rude.”

“What did I do?” asked Dara with a puzzled look.”

“Saying the birds of the same feather quote,” said Yoona bluntly as they continued walking.

“What? I thought that it was just in my thoughts?” said Dara with her eyes widening. “Did I really say that loud?”

“Not loud but enough for the three of us to hear,” explained Yoona.

Dara covered her gaping mouth with her palm and started to panic a bit then she quickly regained her composure. “Well at least he knows something,” said Dara in a matter of fact tone. Yoona just sighed and followed her cousin.

Hyunjoong just laughed at his friend’s dazed expression. Jaejoong was trying to charm his cousins but it didn’t work. “Told ya,” he just said to his stunned buddy. Jaejoong didn’t recover for a few minutes from the shock. Her wooing skills didn’t work.

“From what planet are they?”  Then he finally recovered and looked at Hyunjoong. “Well, Yoona seems pretty nice but that Dara sure is mean!” whined Jaejoong. “She doesn’t even call you oppa and she’s just blunt and cold.”

Hyunjoong chuckled. “Well, she’s actually nice coz she wouldn’t have become one of my favorite cousins, she’s just aloof to people,” explained Hyunjoong. “She would also call me vain and arrogant at times.”

Jaejoong raised his eyebrow at what Hyunjoong said. “And you’re just fine with her being mean?”

Hyunjoong laughed at Jaejoong’s question.“Well what she said is true but she’s not really that bad,”

Meanwhile, at the beach house….

Jiyong just entered his room, it has a single bed and a king-sized bed. He chose the single bed because he didn’t like the idea of having a bedmate. He unpacked his things and arranged it on his closet and shelves. After arranging his stuff, he lay down of his bed. His mind wandered to what happened earlier. His heart skipped a beat when he remembered the girl he encountered earlier. The girl reminded him of someone or something but he just can’t lay a finger on it. “I don’t know her anyway,” he thought then a few minutes, he dozed off.

Thirty minutes later, he woke up upon hearing two male voices who just came in. He opened his eyes to check out and it revealed two guys. One is obviously older and is probably the same age as him while the other one is obviously younger, probably in his late teens.

“Looks like we have to share the same bed hyung,” said the younger one.

The older guy’s brows furrowed. “Aishh! Why do I have to share a bed with you?”

“What’s the problem with sharing a bed with your cute brother?” asked Jonghyun, pouting his lips towards his brother.

"Everything!” said Donghae.

“Eh? How come?” asked Jonghyun giving a fake hurt voice and facial expression. “Looks like hyung really hates me huh?”

“I don’t hate you!” said Donghae firmly.

Jonghyun chuckled at his brother’s grumpy behavior. “I’m just joking hyung!”

“You move a lot when you sleep and I’m afraid I might wake up again with bruises because you move like you are punching or kicking someone,” said Donghae as he unpack his things and arrange them.

“I do not, hyung!” said Jonghyun pouting.

Jiyong chuckled at seeing how the two men interact. The two looked at him. “Looks like you two are going to be my roommates I’m Kwon Jiyong by the way,” said Jiyong extending his hand to Donghae. “Nice to meet you.” Donghae took Jiyong’s hand and shook it and bowed. “I’m Lee Donghae and this is my brother Lee Jonghyun, nice to meet you too.”

Jonghyun walked beside his brother and held unto the older man’s shoulder grinning cheekily. “My big brother is so sweet, isn’t he?” Jiyong just chuckled at Jonghyun’s bubbly personality. Jonghyun looked at his brother while doing some aegyo.

“W-Will you get off me, you’re creeping me out,” said Donghae, cringing at Jonghyun’s approach.

Jonghyun just chuckled at his brother then started unpacking his things. “Jeez! Loosen up a bit hyung.”

“Well, it’s nice meeting both of you,” said Jiyong then made himself fall back on his bed. The brothers continued arranging their staff. Everything is peaceful until they heard two bickering voices. Jiyong opened his eyes, the Lee brothers paused themselves from what they were doing. The three men ran towards the door and opened it to check it out.

 

Eunjung finally arrived in the beach house. The butler led her to her room. She chose the single bed because she doesn’t like the idea of sharing a bed to someone she barely knew. He unpacked his things to arrange and organize them.”Finally! I arrived. So tired from driving,” she thought. After arranging her things, she opened her laptop. She was overjoyed that the beach house has an internet connection. “Great! I better check my emails,” she said happily.

A few minutes later, a brunette haired lady entered. “Looks like I’m going to share this bed with someone,” the lady who just entered said calmly. The lady looked at Eunjung. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Min Sunye,” said the lady, smiling then bowed at Eunjung. “Nice meeting you.”

Eunjung can sense a friendly aura from Sunye so she smiled back at her. “Nice meeting you too.” “Looks like some people here won’t be so bad after all. If only the others will have the same aura as Sunye then I guess I won’t have a hard time,” thought Eunjung. The two women continued chatting while Sunye unpacks and arrange her things and Eunjung, checking her emails.

A few minutes later, a cute girl  who is younger joined them. “Finally! I can have my rest, so tired!” Eunjung and Sunye just looked at her. The cute girl looked at them.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” greeted Sunye.

The girl’s eyes widened upon seeing the two of them. “I can’t believe I have roommates and will be sharing a bed!”

The two older women just looked at each other. The cute girl walked towards Eunjung. “Hey unnie, that single bed is mine.” Eunjung gaped at the girl’s straightforwardness.

“No it’s not, I arrived here first and first come, first serve,” answered Eunjung in a cold manner.

Sunye can feel the tension between the two ladies. “Maybe we can talk about this.”

“But unnie, I can’t sleep when I share my bed,” said the girl. Eunjung raised her eyebrow.

“Well that’s not my problem, deal with it,” said Eunjung.

The cute girl groaned in frustration. “That’s it! I’m telling Young Min Ahjussi!,” whined the girl. “He should’ve reserved a good room only for me!” Then the girl walked towards the door and went out and banged it as she closed it.

“Hmph! Who does she think she is?” said Eunjung with a hint of fury in her voice. A few minutes later, they can hear a loud complaining voice from outside of the room behind the door.

“You should’ve reserved a room only for me!” whined the girl. “I thought that the moment you gave me the invitation, that’s what you’re going to do!"

“Please calm down Miss Hara,” said the poor Young Min, looking really frightened at the whining Hara. “I-I never said anything like that.”

Eunjung glared daggers at the girl Young Min referred to as Hara and walked towards them. Sunye tried to stop her but failed. “Let the poor old man go!” growled Eunjung. “Were you not taught to respect elders?”

Hara turned to Eunjung. “Well you were the one who was disrespectful to me, Ahjumna,” said Hara. “I told you that single bed is mine but you did not give it to me!”

 Eunjung was clearly offended when Hara called her ahjumna. Jiyong, Donghae and Jonghyun were looking at the two ladies bickering through their door. Dara, Yoona, Jaejoong and Hyunjoong were stunned to see what’s happening right now. “It’s not yours because I got here earlier, missy!” argued Eunjung. “If you weren’t such a slowpoke in coming here then maybe you would’ve gotten yourself a single bed but I came here first so the bed is mine. Deal with it!”

“Eunjung is at it again! Doing what she does best,” muttered Jaejoong. “Being feisty and y to anyone, including that poor girl.”

Hyunjoong looked at Jaejoong. “You know her?” he asked. Jaejoong nodded. “Are you two close?” asked Hyunjoong.

 “Never!” said Jaejoong without hesitation. “She’s my ambitious cousin who wants the best in life and will do anything to have the highest position in everything with her "holier than thou and I’m better than anyone alse" attitude. He hates me since I can have fun anytime I want while she rots in being perfect with her boring life. She can’t stand me and the feeling is mutual coz I can’t stand her either.” Then Hyunjoong looked at the two bickering girls.

Sunye walked towards her two roommates. “Can we just talk about this calmly because everyone is looking at you.”

Eunjung glared daggers at the younger girl. Hara glared back at Eunjung. “That’s it! I’m telling my dad what’s happening right now!” screeched Hara.

Eunjung crossed her arms and raised her eyebrow at Hara. “Go ahead because I’ll definitely tell daddy how disrespectful, uneducated and barbaric his little princess acted,” said Eunjung in a mocking tone and smirk on her face. Hara was clearly offended at what Eunjung just described her. She groaned and stomped her feet on the floor. “Ooh! Little princess is going to cry but too bad, mommy and daddy isn’t here to fetch you!” mocked Eunjung who is clearly amused with the fact that Hara can’t argue with her anymore.

“Can the two of you just stop!” said Jiyong with an authoritative tone of voice who walked towards the two which interfered the two girls from bickering. “What’s happening here, because the two of you are causing trouble for everyone in this house!” Yoona looked at him as he stopped the two ladies’ from fighting. She was impressed and she thought he looked manly and brave, though she will not tell it to anyone of course, even to her closest but oh, so intelligent cousin, Dara.

Eunjung just crossed her arms. “Why don’t you ask our little princess,” she said confidently but in a fierce tone. Sunye was the one who explained everything while everyone listened to her. Hara looked around the house and noticed all the people inside who are looking at them and felt embarrassed.

“Jeez! You caused ruckus in this house for such a small reason,” said Dara, rolling her eyes and walking towards her room. “I’m going to my room. I hate dramas like these."

“Wait for me Darong!” said Yoona as she followed her cousin. The two pretty boys entered their room as well. Jiyong sighed upon hearing the reason. “Will the two of you not fight for such a small reason.” Then Jiyong went to his room like what the others did.

“Hyung, maybe you should get a girlfriend like them,” recommended Jonghyun. “Maybe that will inspire you the type of antagonist for your next novel.”

Donghae sighed at his brother’s recommendation. “Never mind, I’ll pass.” Then the two brothers entered their room after Jiyong and closed the door.

Hara just looked at the ground, shaking from embarrassment. Sunye felt sorry for the younger girl but Eunjung just smirked triumphantly. “That will teach her a lesson for being such a bratt,” muttered Eunjung as she walked towards her room.

Sunye can see the tears falling from Hara’s eyes. She took her handkerchief from her pocket, wiped Hara’s tears. She extended her arm to Hara's shoulders to comfort the sobbing girl. “Sshh! Don’t cry, I’m sure things will cool down later.” Hara nodded and felt better that someone at least stayed to comfort her. “I’m Sunye by the way,” said Sunye warmly.

Hara smiled. “I’m Hara and thanks for comforting me unnie,” said Hara sincerely and gave Sunye a warm smile. “It’s nothing,” replied Sunye with a soft voice. A few minutes later, when Hara totally calmed down, the two ladies went to their room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally! I can post this! I was really planning to post this yesterday but I accidentally deleted the original file that I have to re-type it but now....

Mission Accomplished!

The favorite nieces and nephews finally met in such dramatic ways...

Aloof and straightforward Dara, mild mannered Yoona, Sunye the pacifist, feisty Eunjung who just had a fight with the spolied princess Hara....

The playboys Hyunjoong who just laughed at the disappointed Jaejoong for failing wooing the ladies for the first time, Jiyong who were spacing out earlier and helped stop the two bickering ladies and Donghae and Jonghyun's brotherly love....

A glimpse of gyoon and jaedara moments...

So what do you think?

Please don't forget to leave a comment after reading....

Good feedbacks inspires every writers like me to write more....

Thanks for everyone who subscribed and gave good feedbacks in this story....

I really appreciate it...

Sorry for some grammar errors and typo errors in advance...I'll just edit it some other time....

Watch out for the next chapter...Coming soon!!!