Chapter 13: Picnics, First Impressions and Truth or Dare

Welcome to the Beach House

 

The day that they will have their picnic finally came. The housemates woke up early to prepare what they needed to prepare. Jiyong, Yoona and Sunye who were assigned to cook started cooking. The other housemates helped each other prepare the things they would such as plates, tables, mats and other things they might need.

The day was nice and fair, not so hot for a summer. A perfect day for outdoor activities. When the preparations were done, they all changed into their swimsuits and bathing in the sea was definitely a must when you are in a beach. When everything was set in the beach, they jumped into the sea with their bodies submerged into the saltwater.

They were having fun together. Some spent their time by swimming, some played games in the water and some were relaxing, while sunbathing. Lunchtime came and they all ate together, laughing at each others funny moments. This was indeed the time where they all finally bonded.

The day ended sooner and it was already dark. Tonnight was a full moon and very bright. The ten housemates found themselves changing into dry clothes and gathered around a bonfire. For them, the night was still young to get inside the house.

"You know what, I really had fun today but I think tonight would be more fun," said Jaejoong. The others agreed. "Since we are all here. How about if we be honest with each other and tell what our first impressions on each other, except for the people you know."

"I think that's a good idea," said Sunye. "In that way, we will be able to know each other more. I'll start since I don't really know anyone when I came here."

The others listened as Sunye tells her first impressions to her housemates. "Well I'll start with my roommates," said Sunye. "Eunjung, I first met her when I went inside the room and I had the impression that she's a very confident, cold and grumpy person but since we share the same room, I can tell that she's not a bad person. Same with Hara, I thought that she was a bit spoiled but she's a sweet girl."

Eunjung and Hara mouthed a thank you to Sunye. "As for Jaejoong and Hyunjoong, I had the impression that you are alike and that you have this player vibe in you."

The others chucked at Sunye's impression to Jae and Hyunjoong. "Well, you got it right," said Dara, giggling.

"As for Dara, I got the impression that you are a bit cold and serious and Yoona is the kind and quiet type," she said. "And I think both of you are really pretty."

"I understand your impression because I always give that kind of impression to others," said Dara, smiling. "And thanks if you think I'm pretty."

"Thanks for the kind impression you have of me and for finding me pretty," said Yoona sincerely.

"Jiyong, I view you as the mysterious type," said Sunye.

Jiyong's eyes widened. "Really? How?"

"I don't know, I just think you are," said Jiyong.

"And as for the Lee brothers, I think they are both nice since they are the first ones who I have encountered and helped me around," said Sunye, smiling at the Lee brothers. "Even though both of you are opposite, I think you are pretty sweet with each other."

Jonghyun leaned his head on his bother's shoulder who just pushed his head lightly. Donghae had that look that told him to behave but Jonghyun just gave him a cheeky smile.

It was Hara's turn to speak and she also have the same first impressions as Sunye have. The last person she mentioned were her roommates. Her first impression on Sunye was really nice and peace loving. The last person was Eunjung who she thought was cold and mean,

Eunjung just listened and understood why Hara felt that way about her. Then Hara apologized on how she acted towards Eunjung during their first encounter. "I'm sorry if I acted like a spoiled brat unnie," said Hara sincerely. "I understood why you would act that way towards me so I'm really sorry. Hope that we can get over it and be friends."

Eunjung smile at Hara genuinely. "Of course, let's be friends," said Eunjung. "Truce?"

"Truce!" said Hara as she and Eunjung ran towards each other and hugged. "Awwhh! How sweet!" the others cheered.

As the revelations of their first impressions on their housemates went on they noticed that they almost have the same first impressions.

Their first impression on Jaejoong was being a bit playful and that he had that player vibe and so was Hyunjoong. They also commented that both were arrogant because of their good looks and vain as well.

As for Dara and Yoona, they commented that they are really pretty. Yoona, the quiet but kind and gentle type while Dara on the other hand has that intelligent but cold and serious vibe.

They also commented on Jiyong and Donghae being mysterious. Sunye beeing nice and a pacifist. Eunjung with her cold, mean and bossy attitude. Hara being the spoiled princess and Jonghyun the bubbly younger brother.

Even though some of their first impressions were negative, they did not use it as a means to get angry towards their housemate. In fact, it helped them remove the awkwardness they had with each other during the first day they stepped on this beach house. When the first impression revelation was done, Jaejoong thought of another plan to make the night more exciting.

"Hey, let's play truth or dare?" said Jaejoong with excitement.

"I think that would be fun," said Hyunjoong.

"Let's play my version of truth or dare," said Jaejoong. "I'll spin this bottle and whoever the bottle points to will drink a glass of soju and will be asked by me if he or she chooses truth or dare. If you choose truth, you'll answer my questions with nothing but the truth. If you choose dare you'll do what I will tell you to do. If you failed to abide the rules, you'll get to drink three glasses of soju."

"Uhmm, Jae, not all of us here drink," said Dara matter of factly. "Yoona and I don't drink. And who else here don't drink? Raise your hand."

Almost all of the girls don't drink. The housemates who raised their hands were Dara, Yoona, Sunye, Hara and Jonghyun. It seem all the boys drink except for Jonghyun while all the girls don't drink minus Eunjung.

"I didn't know that you drink," said Hyunjoong winking at Eunjung.

Eunjung just rolled her eyes. "What's the big deal if I drink?" she muttered.

"Let's have a one on one drinking session from time to time," said Hyunjoong, grinning mischievously.

"It's as if I'll agree to have a drinking session with you," said Eunjung giving Hyunjoong a sarcastic smile.

"Oh come on Dara, just this once," said Jaejoong smirking at Dara. "Loosen up a bit, same for some of you who don't drink. Only for tonight, after this I won't force you to drink. And don't worry babe, If you get drunk and pass out, I'll be the one to carry you to your room."

Dara's eyebrows furrowed. "I think that will be more dangerous," she mumbled. "So, what can you say about Jae's proposal."

The others we're unsure of what to respond. "Alright, I'm on!" said Yoona. "But only for tonight." The others agreed with Yoona.

Dara just sighed and scowled at Jae. "You really are good at convincing people, are you?"

Jaejoong chuckled at Dara's remark. "That's because I'm the great Kim Jaejoong, remember?"

Dara rolled her eyes. "Can we just get on with this?"

Jae rolled the bottle and the bottle pointed on Hara's direction. "Eh? Me?" said Hara, with eyes widened.

"Truth or dare?" asked Jaejoong.

"Uhmm...Dare?"

"I dare you to sing and dance Gangnam Style around the bonfire until I tell you to stop!"

Hara gulped at Jae's request. She didn't really have a problem with dancing if it's ballet but dancing Gangnam Style. She was known for being prim proper and if people she knew would see her dancing around the bonfire, they might think that she was crazy. "Do I have to oppa?" she asked. "I think that's embarrasing."

"That's the whole idea of truth or dare," said Jaejoong proudly. "Do the dare or drink three glasses of soju."

Hara sighed and drank a glass of Soju and stood up. "Alright! Here goes nothing." Then she sang and danced gangnam style around the bonfire. Her housemates were laughing at her. At first she found it embarrassing but it took Jaejoong long to say stop so she had to sing and dance continuously and she had just gotten used to it in a short time. She finally stopped when Jaejoong told her to stop. She went back to her place and rolled the bottle. The bottle pointed at Hyunjoong.

"I choose dare and I'm ready!" yelled Hyunjoong. "Give me your best shot princess!"

Hara stuck out her tongue at Hyunjoong's way. "Show us your abs, then imitate Shakira's signature belly dancing in front of the lady whom you find the most attractive here!"

Everyone laughed at Hara's dare. Hyunjoong stood up without hesitation and took off his shirt exposing his well built six-pack abs. He then walked towards Eunjung and imitated Shakira's signature belly dancing. Everyone roared in laughter as they watch Hyunjoong trying hard to imitate Shakira's belly dancing. Eunjung blushed deeply with the embarrassment while Hyunjoong danced. She tried to hide her face but failed because she found herself laughing at Hyunjoong's failed attempts to completely imitate Shakira's signature belly dancing.

Hyunjoong stopped when Hara told him to stop. Then he rolled the bottle and it pointed to Dara. Dara's eyebrows frowned and sighed. "Dare!"

"I dare you to kiss Jaejoong for thirty seconds!" said Hyunjoong with a mischievous smirk. Dara's eyes widened at the dare. She looked at Jaejoong who had a mischievous grin plastered on his face. She gulped.

"Pabo! That's unfair!" yelled Dara.

"There's nothing wrong with it!" defended Hyunjoong. "It's truth or dare, remember!"

Dara was shaking. She was having second thoughts whether she should kiss Jae or not. It was going to be her first kiss and she planned to give to someone special, not lose it in a crazy game such as truth or dare. She looked at the other housemates who were looking at her and waiting for her next move. She made up her mind sooner. Jae wouldn't mind right? "I'm sorry but I don't want to lose my first kiss  this way," said Dara. "I want it to be something special."

"You know the penalty," said Jae with a serious look on her face.

"I know, just give me a glass so I can drink three glasses of soju!" said Dara. Jaejoong handed her the glass and a bottle of Soju. She dranked the first glass and she felt like puking after finishing the first glass.

Jaejoong stared at Dara as she finished her penalty. He had to admit that he was a bit disappointed for he was looking forward to kissing Dara. And upon knowing that it will be her first kiss, he had this urge to kiss her and not let others take it. When she declined and chose to drink three glasses of soju, he felt his ego crushed as well. Other girls would grab the opportunity to kiss him but Dara just shove it off easily by choosing the penalty. Come to think of it, no other girl had ever crushed his ego the way Dara did. He was a bit hoping that she would kiss him because he thought that she was comfortable with him already but he was wrong. He expected too much but who was he to expect too much anyway. Dara only saw him as a friend, not that it mattere but why did it feel so....difficult for him.

"I'm done!" yelled Dara. She looked around and felt as if her surroundings were moving in circles but tried to fought that feeling. She could feel her body getting weaker but controlled herself. She rolled the bottle. Jaejoong looked at Dara closely and noticed the change in her movements after drinking the soju. He was getting a bit worried for the petite girl.

The bottle pointed at Jiyong's direction. "Truth or dare?" asked Dara.

"I guess I'll go with truth this time since everyone was always choosing dare," answered Jiyong.

"If you say so," said Dara, smirking. "Who is your crush among your female housemates and tell us the reason why? Be honest!"

"Eh? What?" asked Jiyong, looking uncomfortable with Dara's question. He looked at everyone who were waiting for his answer. Yoona caught his eye who was also looking at him with care.

Yoona stared at Jiyong. Her heart skipped a beat upon hearing Dara's question. She is indeed interested to know what type of girls catches his attention. She was catching her breath as she patiently waited for his answer. Could it be her? Yeah right! What a wishful thinking for her part.

"Uhmm...my crush is...uhmm," said Jiyong, stuttering. He was not usually shy telling his crushes when playing truth or dare before but what he couldn't understand was that why was he having a hard time telling the truth right now? He might be mysterious as other said but he was definitely not shy. But the presence of a certain lady made him feel shy expecially when it came to admitting his affection. He sighed. "Yoona!"

Yoona's eyes widened upon hearing her name come out of Jiyong's mouth. He has a crush on her? She found that hard to believe! Her heart was beating louder like she was going to have a heart attack anytime soon. She could also feel blood rushing through her cheeks and was sure that she was blushing really hard that her face was probably as red as a tomato.

Dara was pleased with the answer that came out of Jiyong's mind. She couldn't help but scream in delight with all her lungs out. It was a coincidence that the bottle pointed Jiyong's way. She did not think twice in asking him that question. "Why?"

Yoona looked at her cousin. She had to admit that her cousin's screaming behaviour and question was a bit embarassing for her. But a part of her was thankful for her cousin's question. She wondered whether it was the soju effect or she just really wanted to ask him and was just cheering for the answer but either way, Dara is indeed her favorite cousin.

"Why? Uhmm...actually...I don't know," said Jiyong. Everybody looked at Jiyong with curiosity including Yoona. Dara paused from cheering on Jiyong to listen to what his answer. "She has a lot of admirable qualities such as being beautiful inside and outside of course."

Yoona's heart skipped a beat when Jiyong described her as beautiful. "She is talented as well. I guess those are some of the qualities I admire about her. But when you are asking the main reason, then I don't have a straight answer to that yet. I haven't figured it out. All I know is that I admire her."

Jiyong then looked at Yoona and smiled at her. Yoona blushed an looked at the ground then gave Jiyong a genuine smile. Dara observed the two and smiled. "Thanks for your honesty, Jiyong," she said. "I like that. You may spin the bottle now. "

The others cheered at Jiyong as well. The rest of the night went on. Jiyong turned out to be the only one who chose truth as those who followed him chose dare. Different dares were given such as, Donghae was dared to dance and sing Lady Marmalade which made him look ridiculous. Yoona was dared to sing the highest note from Celine Dion's My heart will go on which was definitely out of tune. Sunye had to do a pun but it turned out to be a failed attempt to make others laugh. Jaejoong was asked to do aegyo without his shirt which made him look weird and creepy. Last but not the least was Jonghyun who was dared to dance to SNSD's Gee but obviously couldn't dance that others told him to just stick to singing.

The rest called it a night after a few dares. Hyunjoong drank a lot of soju which made him unable to hold himself and kept on mumbling words that were hard to understand. Dara on the other hand drank three to four glasses of soju but passed out due to low alcohol tolerance. Jaejoong offered to carry Dara to her room. Donghae and Eunjung escorted Hyunjoong to his room.

 

It was only Yoona and Jiyong who remained to look at the bright full moon for a while. Silence enveloped them as they looked at the moon with delight. Jiyong then cleared his throat. Yoona looked at him. "Are you mad about my answer to your cousin's question earlier?"

Yoona shook her head and smiled at Jiyong. "There's no reason to be mad, you just answered her question," she said. "I should be thankful that a great person like you admired a person like me. I'm sorry if Dara's question made you uncomfortable"

Jiyong smiled at Yoona then kissed her forehead which made the latter blush. "Don't mind it," he answered reassuringly. "It wasn't that bad. Besides, you are an admirable person."

Yoona giggled at Jiyong's statement. "Thanks," she whispered then looked at the moon. "It's so beautiful.

" Jiyong stared at Yoona while she was looking at the moon and smiled. "Yes you are beautiful."

Yoona then looked at Jiyong with her lips pouting. "You're flattering me!"

Jiyong chuckled. "I'm not flattering you," he said. "I'm just telling the truth. She rolled her eyes.

"Let's just go inside!" said Yoona, pulling Jiyong with him. "Yes boss!" he answered then followed Yoona.

 

Eunjung thanked Donghae for helping her Hyunjoong back to his room. When Donghae was gone, she fixed Hyunjoong's position on the bed. Then she looked at him for a while, admiring his wonderful facial features. She cupped his cheeks then her eyes widened when she realized what she was doing. She then let go of his cheeks.

She was about to stand up to leave but Hyunjoong grabbed her wrist and pulled her making her lie on his bed with him. He put his arm around her waist, opened his eyes and embraced her. "Stay here."

Eunjung couldn't utter any word when she looked into his eyes. "You're driving me insane," he whispered enough for her to hear. Eunjung could smell the alcohol from Hyunjoong's breath. His words made her heart flutter in a way she couldn't define. "You're going to be the death of me," he continued.

She pushed him with all her might to break free from his arms and she succeeded. She stood up once she was free from his arms and ran towards the door and closed it, leaving a puzzled Hyunjoong. Upon reaching outside she stopped for a while. Her heart was beating wildly and it' was starting to scare her. It scared her that it might get to a point that it wouldbecome too much for her to handle. She found it a bit disturbing.

 

Jaejoong finally put Dara on her bed. He stared at her sleeping figure for a while and admired her beautiful features. Even without make up, her beauty would still shine along with her youthful glowing skin. Then he looked at her lips and gulped. He had this urge to take her first kiss but having inner debates as to whether whether he should kiss her or not.

He is a guy and guys like to kiss a woman especially if she is as lovely as Park Sandara. Blame it on what they call hormones. He also wanted to be her first kiss rather that it be from other guys. No one deserved to be her first kiss other than him, the great Kim Jaejoong. A part of him also couldn't stand the idea of Dara dating other guys other than him. Wait a minute, was he being possessive over Dara? Dara, who obviously had no feelings for him other than friendship. Dara who did not want to kiss him earlier. And what about him? He is not the relationship material type of guy, right?

Jaejoong looked at Dara again. He gulped and decided that he couldn't take it anymore. He'll take her first kiss now whether she likes it or not or whether she knows or not. He leaned down and touched her lips with his. The moment their lips touched, the door opened. Jae was startled that made him pull away from Dara's lips and stand up.

Yoona opened the door and her eyes widened at what she saw. She was certain that she saw Jae kissing her cousin but Jaejoong stood up hurriedly that she was not able to see accurately whether Jaejoong really kissed Dara or not. "Jaejoong oppa?"

"Oh...Yoona ah...I-I just p-put your cousin to bed," said Jaejoong stuttering. "I better go back to my room. Goodnight!"

Then Jae ran towards the door, got out and closed the door leaving Yoona wondering what just happened earlier. Yoona was trying to recollect everything that just happened from the moment she opened the door until Jae got out and closed their door. She looked at her sleeping cousin. Her eyebrows met.

"Did he really kiss her?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So...What can you say about the picnic?

The first impressions? The truth or dare?

Jiyong admitting his admiration for Yoona....

Eunjung driving Hyunjoong insanse that she'll be the death of him...

Silly Jae, kissing a sleeping Dara that he almost got caught by Yoona...

So what do you think of this chapter overall?

Please don't forget to leave honest comments...

Thanks for continuously supporting this story...

I really appreciate it, from the bottom of my heart...

Next chapter will be posted as soon as it is completed but for now,

Have fun reading this chapter!