Chapter 20: Slowly Moving On

Welcome to the Beach House

 

Hyunjoong just watched Eunjung as she empties her shots. The two of them are inside a karaoke lounge in Jaejoong's newly opened bar. This side of her, drinking like there's no end, surprised and amused him at the same time. He never thought that she is capable of drinking like this. But then again, he reminded himself that heartbreak can make a person do something he or she is not really used to doing. He felt his stomach twisted upon thinking of the word heartbreak but he just ignored it.

Eunjung, after emptiying her last shot yet, grabbed the list of songs and the microphone. Upon choosing, she sang not really minding the stares that Hyunjoong is giving her. All she just wanted to do is to get Jess and Taecyeon off her mind. She just wanted to release all the frustrations and the pain for she doesn't want to be a prisoner of it for the rest of her life. So she thought that tonight, going crazy is the best way and hoping tomorrow, things will be back to normal.

Hyunjoong just looked at Eunjung. He can tell that she can relate to the song she's singing which is also about a woman left by her lover and is trying her best to move on. Even though drunk, Hyunjoong can still feel the emotions in Eunjung's singing. After Eunjung finished her singing, she fell on Hyunjoong's side and sighed.

"I'm sure you know now that guy from earlier is my ex, Taecyeon." Hyunjoong nodded as a response.

"And the lady she's with is Jessica," Eunjung continued as Hyunjoong just listened. "She is so pretty, isn't she, like a doll? I admit that she is also cool. No wonder Taecyeon would prefer her over me. I already accepted the fact that he's not coming back to me and that he's happy with her but it still hurts. But I'm trying my best to move on and I hope that I will be able to in the future."

Hyunjoong stared deeply at the woman in front of him. "I'm sure you will. You're a strong woman. Don't worry, I'll be here whenever you needed someone to be with you through rough times."

Eunjung stared looked into Hyunjoongs eyes and laughed. "Thanks for being here with me right now. Who would have thought that the annoying Mr. Pretty Model is the one to comfort me right now!""

"You are beautiful," said Hyunjoong through his breath.

Eunjung's eyes widened upon hearing those words coming out. She felt her stomach twist upon hearing those three words coming out from Hyunjoong's mouth. Did she just hear it right? Or maybe it is the alcohol doing a lot of wonders to her ears since she already drank a lot? She felt a tingling sensation running through her body. She's having palpitations and it made her feel like she's running out of breath. She can't help but wonder what is wrong with her because this is not the first time that she drank a lot but this is the first time she felt like this. Suddenly, the face of Hyunjoong faded into black until there's nothing else to see.

Hyunjoong looked at Eunjung's sleeping form. This gave him the signal to leave because Eunjung had indeed reached her limit in drinking alcohol. So he carried her bridal style and went straight to his car and drove to his flat.

Upon reaching his flat, he lie the sleeping Eunjung on his bed. He looked at Eunjung's sleeping form and smiled at the sight of her. She looked peaceful and her sleeping, will make you forget that she is someone with a feisty and authoritative attitude. People are indeed different when they sleep, he thought. He kissed her forehead and went straight to the bathroom to take a shower.

 

Eunjung opened her eyes when she felt the sunrays hitting her eyes. Upon opening her eyes, she felt an arm extended to her. Then she notice that she has no idea where she is. She looked around and her jaw dropped upon seeing a shirtless Hyunjoong with his arm extending to her. She panicked at the sight and checked herself which relieved her that she's still wearing the clothes she wore last night. She was about get out of the bed but someone pulled her making her fall to the bed on her back. Then Hyunjoong pinned her with a smirk on his face. "Where do you think you're going, huh?"

Eunjung's eyebrows met. "Bathroom! There, I already told you. So can you please get off me! I probably look like a mess right now."

Hyunjoong chuckled. "Don't worry, you will still be beautiful in my eyes even if you look like a mess right now."

Hyunjoong's words made Eunjung feel butterflies exploding in her stomach. "Just get off me!"

Hyunjoong laughed and released Eunjung. The lady stood up and looked at him. "I hope you don't mind if I use your bathroom to take a shower."

"No, not at all. I wouldn't mind joining you either," said Hyunjoong with a wink which earned a glare from Eunjung.

The gentleman laughed. "You can take a piece of clean towel on that closet," he said, pointing the said closet.

Eunjung grabbed a towel from the closet then her clothes inside her bag and went inside the bathroom. When she was done with her shower, she went outside of the bedroom and walked straight to the kitchen only to see Hyunjoong in front of a stove.

"So what are we having for breakfast?" asked Eunjung, a bit shocked seeing him dealing with a frying pan.

"Eggs, if you don't mind," answered Hyunjoong.

Eunjung shook her head. "I'm surprised to see you here in the kitchen. I'm sure you know what I mean."

Hyunjoong chuckled. "I at least know how to cook eggs."

When the eggs were done, they had breakfast together. After finishing breakfast, Eunjung insist that she wash the dishes in which Hyunjoong agreed. He just stayed with her while she washed the dishes and dried them.

"So how are you feeling now?" he asked with concern.

"I'm fine I guess," said Eunjung calmly. "Can't let myself stay in pain for the rest of my life. Eventually, I'll have to forgive them soon. I guess what happened yesterday was a shock but I already released my frustration in a crazy way last night and that will be the last. I'm on the process of moving on."

"Good to hear that," said Hyunjoong who felt a weird kind of happiness within him. "And if you totally moved on, remind me so that we can celebrate. My treat."

Eunjung giggled. "Deal!"

The two stayed for the rest of the day in Hyunjoong's apartment and watch movies. They watched Along Came Polly, When Harry met Sally and the latest movie they are watching is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. They did not go out for lunch either so they just had take-out Chinese food for lunch. They eat the take-out food while watching the movie.

While watching the movie, a question popped into Hyunjoong’s mind. “Hey, if ever there is Lacuna Inc. in real life, will you ask them erase your memories of Taecyeon, just like what Clementine did to her memory of Joel?”

Eunjung raised her eyebrows and sighed. “Maybe I will when the break-up was still fresh and hurt more than now. But after watching this movie and seeing the effect it had on Clementine and Joel, I don’t think so. Besides, even if the break-up still hurt me a bit but it does not hurt compared to how it was when the break-up was just a few days ago. And come to think of it, what the main female character did in this movie isn’t a healthy way of coping. I don’t mind becoming friends with Jessica and Taecyeon in the future, but not now I guess.”

“True, I agree that what they did isn’t a good way of coping,” said Hyunjoong. “And that’s great if you want to be friends with Jessica again. And as for Taecyeon, I thought Harry already told Sally that men and women can’t be friends because of the part that get’s in the way.”

Eunjung rolled her eyes. “My case with Taecyeon is different because he already has Jessica. And when I meant friends with him, reconciling and having a good relationship in a platonic way.”

“Okay, if you say so,” said Hyunjoong. “But I do believe what Harry said is true. Because when a man and woman are friends, there comes a time that they will experience and at some point for others, they will, you know, sleep together and get awkward with each other the next day or two.”

“Alright, I get your point but can you please stop talking for now because I’m concentrating on the movie,” said Eunjung in a complaining tone. “They are about to erase Joel’s memories of Clementine.”

“Okay ma’am, your wish is my command,” said Hyunjoong and had his eyes on the screen.

Later on, they finished watching the movie. “So do you think Clementine and Joel got back in the end because I find it really confusing?” asked Hyunjoong.

 “I like the movie and I do think that they got back in the end,” said Eunjung with a grin. “Clementine at first resists, saying that it could go the same way. But Joel accepted the consequences and insists that it’s okay for him. So they gave their romance one more chance. Don’t you think it’s sweet? They successfully erased their memories of each other but still finding each other coincidentally on a train. Then they get to remember each other because of a tape. It just really means that they are indeed meant for each other!”

Hyunjoong chuckled. “I didn’t know you have that hopeless romantic side.”

Eunjung rolled her eyes. “I didn’t say anything against romance anyway.”

Hyunjoong just laughed at Eunjung’s answer. After watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, they watched another movie entitled Valentine’s Day. When the movie ended, they saw that it’s already five in the afternoon so they decided to finally go out.

“Let’s have early supper then we can go back to the beach house,” said Hyunjoong which earned a nod from Eunjung.

Hyunjoong drove Eunjung a restaurant near his apartment. They had their dinner there and then they left once they are done. The drive to the beach house was quiet but not awkward. Hyunjoong did not speak because he was concentrating on the road as it is getting dark. Eunjung did not mind the silence either. It’s not awkward for her and she also thinks that Hyunjoong should focus on the road because it’s getting darker. Come to think of it, she find him annoying first for she thinks he is arrogant like Jaejoong but now that she gets to spend more time with him, she thought that he’s not that bad. In fact, he feels comfortable with him and in a weird way, she can’t explain.

“I hope you don’t mind if I open the radio,” said Eunjung.

“Go ahead,” answered Hyunjoong.

Eunjung opened the radio and the Korean version of the song “Snowflowers” was played. Eunjung hummed and sang through the tune. Hyunjoong just listened to her singing. Her voice was like music to his ears. He wouldn’t mind listening to her sing all day long.

“You can sing quite well,” said Hyunjoong as soon as the song ended.

“Thanks, but I don’t think so,” said Eunjung.

“But I do think you are,” answered Hyunjoong. “The song is sad though.”

“Yup but it’s a nice song,” said Eunjung. “Whoever wrote this song did well.”

“True,” said Hyunjoong.

They finally arrived at the beach house. Hyunjoong parked the car. Before going out, Eunjung smiled at him. “I had fun with our so-called date. Thanks for keeping me company.”

Hyunjoong smirked then gave Eunjung’s lips a light kiss. “I know and I think I deserve that.”

“Whatever,” said Eunjung, rolling her eyes and smirking.

Hyunjoong got out of the car. Then he opened the door for Eunjung. Together they walked inside the beach house. Their housemates welcomed them back. Jaejoong on the other hand, greeted them with complaints in which Hyunjoong just laughed off and saw Eunjung smiling at him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here you go, the part two of the Hyunjung couple date. Sorry if it took me long to update.

                              To clarify some things...Harry and Sally are two character in a movie When Harry Met Sally which is famous for the line                                       

"Men and women can't be friends because..."

Joel and Clementine are the characters in the movie they are watching, "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"

Lacuna Inc. is the agency in the movie where Joel and Clementine, in separate timeframe, asked to erase their memories of each other.

So what do you think of this chapter?

Please don't forget to comment.

Thanks for supporting this story.

Have fun reading this chapter!

See you next update...