Chapter 18: The Reincarnation of Narcissus

Welcome to the Beach House

 

Silence envelops Jaejoong and Dara as they sit inside the cable car. Jaejoong seems to be in deep thought that makes Dara feel awkward in starting a conversation. She's not the best in interaction and especially when it comes to situations as this. She sighed and looked at the sceneries. "It's so beautiful, isn't it?" she mumbled.

Her voice caught Jaejoong's attention that it made him look at Dara's way. Dara saw him looking her way and thought something. She poked his cheeks which startled Jaejoong a bit and laugh. "What was that?" asked Jaejoong while cracking up.

Dara rolled her eyes. "I don't know," said Dara. "It's just that you're too silent and I'm kind of not used to you being silent."

Jaejoong beamed at Dara. "Are you saying you miss my y smooth voice?"

Dara snorted. "Jeez! Even when in deep thought, you never fail to be narcissistic. I can't help but think that even though Narcissus is Greek in the past, he might be reincarnated as a Korean in modern times in the person of you, Kim Jaejoong!"

Jaejoong cupped Dara's cheeks and pinched them. "You are so cute!"

"Get your hand off my face!" said Dara removing Jaejoong's hand from her face. Jaejoong continued laughing at Dara's reaction.

"So are you alright now?" asked Dara.

"I'm alright, don't worry," said Jaejoong reassuringly.

"You're mom's beautiful and you have the same eyes," said Dara. "And even though I have not seen him yet, I think you're father is good looking to. They passed their good genes to you afterall."

Jaejoong then smirked arrogantly at Dara. "Then are you saying that you find me attractive and have good genes?"

Dara gaped at Jaejoong's question. "You never fail to be arrogant and conceited!"

"Don't worry babe, if we get married," said Jaejoong with that arrogant smirk at the corner of his lips. "I'll promise to pass my wonderful genes to our future children.

Jaejoong winked at Dara. Dara on the other hand, scowled at Jaejoong's remark. "Jeez! I'm stuck with Narcissus."

"If I'm the reincarnation of Narcissus, then he must be a good to look at and delicious," said Jaejoong proudly. "After all, I'm the man who will fulfill every women's dreams."

"Oh my gosh, the reincarnation of Narcissus strikes again!" squealed. "Easy there or else you might spend the rest of your life looking at your reflection."

"I'm sure that's not a bad idea as long as it's an ethereal creature like me!"

"Ethereal in your dreams!"

"No need to dream, it's all real."

Dara just laughed. Whether happy or sad, in deep thought, good mood or bad mood, she is indeed sure that one thing never changes, it's Jaejoong's conceitedness and narcissism. It's been a part of him and it's part of the things she found funny in him. A not so conceited and vain Jaejoong is not Jaejoong at all. "Whatever! If that's make you happy. I won't argue with you anymore."

"You won't argue because you can't argue," said Jaejoong in a playful tone. The pair just laughed at themselves. Then silence begins to envelop them once again. They just looked at the sceneries for a while and admired how wonderful it is to look at. Jaejoong finally decided to break the silence.

"My mom likes you," said Jaejoong.

"Well, I like her too," said Dara. "She's nice."

Jaejoong just sighed and Dara. "Do you like the way I am?"

Dara was taken aback at the question and stared into Jaejoong's eyes. Jaejoong stared back, deeply into her eyes. "Of course, I like you as you are. Even though you're annoying sometimes, I wouldn't go with you here if I don't like you as a person."

"If I finished my medicine course, would you think of me as a better person?" asked Jaejoong.

Dara can feel the intensity in his voice while he asked him and in his stares. She can't help but shiver and her heart beating faster. There's this different feeling stirring inside her and she can't conclude what it is. The more time she spends with Jaejoong she noticed, the more things are getting confusing and it's not supposed to be confusing because she's just supposed to consider him as a friend. Jaejoong is looking deeply into her eyes and Dara can see the different glint shining in his eyes as he looks at her. She can't help but blush and looked away to hide her blush.

When she felt that her blush is gone, she looked at him with a warm smile. "No. I don't think finishing medicine school will make you a better person. Sure you'll have a higher degree of achievement but that doesn't really define your character or who you are. As for me, I like you the way you are."

Jaejoong's eyes widened as he listens to Dara. "I like that silly Jaejoong who always bothers me and annoy me. The Jae who has the habit of dragging me from one place to another to spy on potential couples. The Jae who blackmails me. The Jae who is conceited, arrogant and so vain that makes him look like the reincarnation of Narcissus."

Jaejoong giggled at Dara statements. "Easy there. You might fall for me and the history of Narcissus might change. Instead of Narcissus falling for his reflection alone you might fall for me that you might just stare at me for the rest of your life."

Dara giggled as well. "Ew! That would be weird."

"It's not weird, as long as it's me, the great and heavenly Kim Jaejoong," said Jaejoong winking at Dara.

"Again, if that makes you happy," said Dara still giggling. "You are after all the reincarnation of Narcissus."

 

After the cable car, they went inside a photobooth and took pictures of them with silly faces. They checked on the pictures they took and laughed at their sillyness.

"See! Even with a silly pose and face, I'm still good to look at," sadi Jaejoong, looking at Dara, teasingly.

Dara rolled her eyes and walked forward. Jaejoong just followed. Afterwards, they drove to Gwangjang Market to try the streetfoods. Dara can't help but squeal like a little girl as she looks at the different streetfoods. Jaejoong can't help but chuckle at how Dara acts right now. The delight in her eyes is obvious as she chooses the streetfood she wants to try.

They will go to one stall to try the best food it offers. When done, they will try the other food stalls and what it has to offer. Jaejoong looks at Dara as she eats her bibimbap. He can't help but be amused with these lady in front of her and giggled which caught her attention.

Dara frowned upon hearing Jaejoong's chuckle. "What's funny?"

"You eat like a pig yet you don't even get fat," said Jaejoong, looking amused. "Wonder where you put all that calories. Most girls won't even try to eat that much."

Dara stick her tongue out. "Well, I just don't get fat," she mumbled and continued eating.

"You even ate more than me," said Jaejoong, giggling.

"That's because you're a wimp," said Dara with a teasing tone.

Jaejoong gaped. "And what makes me a wimp?'

"You're too slow to eat for a guy," said Dara. "If I don't know you, I'll probably think you're a gay!"

"There is no way I am a gay!" yelled Jaejoong in protest.

Dara just laughed. "Well you don't eat like a lady either," said Jaejoong teasingly.

"I know right," said Dara with a smirk after finishing her bibimbap. "Cool isn't it?"

The Jaejoong notice a small stain at the corner of Dara's lips. "You have a small stain at the corner of your lips," he told her.

"Oh, really?" said Dara wiping the wrong corner. "Is it gone now?"

Jaejoong shook his head. "Let me do it." He leaned forward with his eyes on her lips. Closer until their lips are just a few centimeters apart. Dara's eyes widened at the close proximity of their lips. Her heart starts to beat faster and she can feel blood rushing through her cheeks making her blush which she assumes that she is as red as tomato.

Jaejoong can feel Dara's uneasiness. He smirked at her reaction then wipe the stain away from the corner of her lips with his index finger, making it spotless. Then he pulled away from Dara still with that mischievous smirk. Dara can't help but sigh when he pulled back and looked at him.

Then what he did made her jaw drop. He put the index finger he used in wiping the stain inside his mouth. "Hhmm...This tastes good, better than all the street food here. But I think your lips will taste the best." He winked at her after saying those words.

Dara still agape, can't utter a single word. She blushed madly and her heart beating like a bass drum. Jaejoong can't help but grin at her state. "Are you ok?' he asked in an innocent tone.

"ert!" was all she can say. 

Jaejoong can't help but crack. "I know right!" he said and pulled Dara with him. "We better get going or it will get dark soon."

 The whole drive to the beach house was silent. Jaejoong is concentrating on the road. Dara on the other hand is in deep thought. Jaejoong's actions are starting to confuse her and she is not sure if it is in a good way or a bad way. She can't help but wonder why is he having this kind of effect towards her. The beat of heart earlier made it even worse.

 

It's already around past nine in the evening and Hyunjoong and Eunjung have not arrive yet. Dara noticed but didn't mind. She found herself standing on the poolside walking back and forth and sometimes in circles. She's been asking herself the same question in her mind. "What is wrong with me?"

She groaned in frustration as she can't really find the right answers. The books she read and the knowledge she obtained by being a bookworm didn't help her figure out either. Then she heard someone clear his throat. She ly to see the most beautiful man she had ever seen. Wearing a simple white shirt, showing his well built shape and cachi short. His hair wet, which made it obvious that he just got out of the shower and combed in a y way. The most beautiful man she had ever seen indeed. Kim Jaejoong, reincarnation of Adonis.

Then Dara paused for a bit. Did she just thought of that? She admits that he is handsome but where does the word beautiful come from? And did she just thought of him as a reincarnation of Adonis? No! He is the reincarnation of Narcissus and not Adonis. She face palm herself and shook her head.

Jaejoong gave Dara questioning looks and walked towards her. "What's wrong with you?" he asked, holding both her shoulder to make her stand still.

"Uhmm...N-nothing...yeah...I-I'm fine!" Dara said, stuttering. Jaejoong raised his eyebrow, looking at her with doubt. "What?"

Jaejoong chuckled then gazed at Dara's eyes. "Hyunjoong and Eunjung are not here yet."

"I noticed too," said Dara bluntly but trying to avoid Jaejoong's gaze. "But they're grown ups and capable of taking care of themselves."

"You're right," said Jaejoong. "Who knows, maybe their doing the art of lovemaking."

Dara blushed and spank Jaejoong's shoulder. Jaejoong laughed at Dara's innocence. "Well, like you said they are adults. And you're cute when you blush."

Dara blushed deeper, lips pouting. Jaejoong checked Dara from head to toe. She is wearing a black tank top and pajamas. Her hair tied into a messy bun, exposing her porcelain neck and her amazing collarbone. He thought that no matter what she wears, she never fails to look beautiful in his eyes. Very beautiful that if Aphrodite would be reincarnated as a korean, it will be this woman in front of him. Most beautiful woman he ever met.

Then his eyes widened. Did he just described her beautiful? But he already did a couple of times but this time, he described her as the most beautiful woman he ever met? Aphrodite? Where on earth did that come from? He noticed his heart skipping a beat as he looked at the woman he described as the most beautiful he ever met. Dara looked at him with a puzzled expression. He gulped as he look at her eyes. Then slowly, he leaned towards her. He saw Dara close her eyes as he lean towards her. He closed his eyes as well. Their noses touched and they can feel each other's breath. Then their lips almost touched until...

"Give me back my hello kitty, Jonghyun!"

They pulled away from each other as soon as they heard Hara's screeching voice. Hara is chasing Jonghyun at the poolside with the latter holding a hello kutty stuffed toy. "Give me that back!"

Jonghyun just laughed. "I can't believe you still sleep with a hello kitty stuff toy. You're such a baby!"

"It's none of your business! Give me that back!" yelled Hara, still trying to get her hello kitty from Jonghyun.

Jaejoong mentally cursed the two teens for ruining the moment. He was there, almost kissing Dara but they just arrived and everything was suddenly thrown out of the window. Then his eyes widened. He almost kissed Dara and their noses touched. The thought alone made him blush madly like a high school girl who had just talked to her crush. Luckily, Dara is not looking at him so she did not see the blush. He wanted to kiss Dara badly. It's just normal, right? He's a guy and Dara is someone who every normal guys would love to kiss. But he can't help but ask himself if that is still the right reason? In his eyes, Dara is beautiful but he just described her the most beautful woman he met, earlier. He is used to describe women he hooked up with before as hot not beautiful. This is definitely a first. Could it be that he is starting to see Dara in a different light? But he is not used to these kind of feelings.

Dara sighed. Remembering the scene earlier shocked her and made her panic a bit but retained her calm composure. She looked at the two teens who are running around the poolside like schoolaged children. Their sudden appearance somehow relieved her or else, she would have given Jaejoong her first kiss. Yes, Jaejoong was about to kiss her and she did nothing. But somehow, a part of her wished that the teens did not appear and their almost kiss became a real one. It confused her again for she just thought of kissing Jaejoong. For some unidentified reasons, this guy is starting to drive him crazy. She wondered if the reason is still unidentified or she's just denial.

 Could it be?

It can't be, right?

But, what if?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Narcissus, Adonis and Aphrodite huh! Jae and Dara going greek and...almost kissed!...Too bad...all thanks to Hara and Jonghyun. LOL

Ooh...HyunJung couple have not arrived yet! So for their fans...what happened to their date is on the next chapter. HyunJung moment will be written in two chapters just like Gyoon and Jaedara moment so stay tune.

Looks like I will not be able to finish this story by the end of the month as I promise and not sure when will I be able to. All I know is that since end of summer in this story is fast approaching, the is getting closer. Not sure when either, because the update will not be regular as I promised before because my schedules are starting to get really busy. Sorry in advance. But I will try to update when I have the time.

Please don't be a silent reader. Say what you think and don't forget to leave a comment.

Thanks for supporting this story.

Have fun reading this chapter...

Enjoy!