Chapter 4: Introductions and Arrangements

Welcome to the Beach House

After the drama that had happened earlier, Young Min served dinner for the ten occupants then he excused himself for he had to go back to Seoul before it’s late. The ten occupants waved him goodbye and told him to be careful with driving. After Young Min was out of sight, the ten adults went straight to the dining table to have their dinner. Donghae seated on the head of the rectangular table with Jonghyun on his right side. Next to Jonghyun was Yoona then Dara and then Jaejoong took the empty seat beside her. Jaejoong smirked at Dara who just raised her eyebrow and ignored him. On Donghae’s left side is Eunjung, Hyunjoong, Jiyong and Hara while Sunye seated on the other end of the table, facing Donghae.

The whole dinner was quiet. Yoona can’t concentrate eating for she can’t keep herself from stealing glances to the man in front of her. “Are you okay?” asked Dara with worry as she noticed her cousin’s odd behavior. Yoona just nodded and smiled at her cousin. Unknown to her, Jiyong, the man in front of her felt the same. When each adult was done with their dinner, they would wash the chinawares and silverwares they used. Hara, being the last one to finish eating, had the opportunity to wash the plates and the bowls used to serve their food. Sunye can tell that she’s not used to washing dishes so she volunteered in helping the young girl.

Before they went to the kitchen they heard Eunjung with authority. “The two of you, come back here when you’re done for we have to talk about the arrangements in this house since all of us are obviously staying here together.” Sunye nodded and she together with Hara walked towards the kitchen.

“Do what our self proclaimed leader says or else,” said Jaejoong in a tone obviously mocking Eunjung. Eunjung glared daggers at him and she could’ve killed the pretty boy with her looks. Jaejoong just smirked and obviously pleased that she annoyed the lady. Hyunjoong just observed her buddy and the woman beside her. He could really feel the tension and they obviously dislike each other’s guts.

“You’ve got a problem with that flower boy?” asked Eunjung coldly. “I just want everything to be organized to avoid confusion and chaos during my stay here rather than just stay pretty most of the time like some of us here.” Eunjung emphasized the last words looking at Jaejoong.

Jaejoong was somewhat offended at what Eunjung said for he hates it when people call him pretty. “You alone, is chaos itself, bi***,” Jaejoong muttered and looked the other way.

Eunjung somehow heard him. “Did you say something?” she asked angrily.

 “So what if I did?” answered Jaejoong coldly. “What are you going to do since I won't tell you?”

Eunjung scowled at Jaejoong’s response and muttered, “Arrogant bastard.”

Hyunjoong just cleared his throat to stop the two from possibly killing each other. “They’re back.” Sunye and Hara are finally back and took the empty seats. “So what are we going to talk about.”

All looked at Eunjung. “Let’s talk about the arrangements in this house such as the turns toof who’s going to cook or wash the dishes, and sweep the floor and other things,” said Eunjung confidently. Hyunjoong just looked at Eunjung while she’s talking and she can tell that she’s pretty much used to being the leader in group projects rather than just a member. The authority and confidence in her tone made it pretty much obvious and he had to admit that he kind of find it y and he thinks that she’s pretty too.

“I agree with that but I think we should introduce ourselves to each other first,” said Dara. “Since we are going to live here together for a while, I think it’s best if we know the person we are going to live with first.”

Jaejoong chuckled at Dara’s proposal. “It’s like another way of saying you want to know someone personally but don’t have the guts to say it,” said Jaejoong with a flirty tone and smirk.”If you wanted to know me that bad, you could’ve just asked me personally.”

Dara had the urge to grab the vase with flowers in the middle of the table and hit it to the guy sitting next to her but controlled herself. She reminded herself that she’s an educated person and acting like a caveman by hitting someone is not part of her standards. Jaejoong was amused at Dara’s irritated reaction. That’s his comeback for the humiliation he got from her earlier in the beach. Dara laughed dryly. “What made you say that?” she asked bluntly. “We’ve been introduced earlier so I won’t really mind even if you will not introduce yourself since I’m more interested in knowing the other people staying here than you, pretty boy.” Dara emphasized the term pretty boy.

Jaejoong’s mouth opened. Dara is not clearly giving in to his charms and she even called him pretty boy, the term he hated being called at. Eunjung just chuckled at Dara’s statement and mentally thanked Dara for calling Jaejoong a pretty boy which obviously annoyed him. Jiyong finally interrupted. “I agree with that, I’m Kwon Jiyong, 25 years old and I’m a songwriter and a composer,” he said then he looked at Yoona who also looked at him. When they caught each other’s eyes, they looked the other way in an instant. Yoona can feel the blood rushing through her cheeks when she caught Jiyong’s eyes on her.

“So his name is Jiyong…urgh…What is wrong with me! Get a grip Yoona!” she thought. Dara just observed Yoona who is still oblivious of being observed. She also looked at Jiyong as well. From the scene upstairs earlier when the two looked like they just went to outer space while looking at each other’s eyes, to the looks of admiration Yoona’s giving Jiyong when he interrupted the two bickering girls and the stolen glances they are giving each other throughout the dinner until now, she finally figured it out. It’s not hard to figure out, Yoona has a crush on Jiyong and vice versa. “Looks like someone’s finally getting a boyfriend,” thought Dara.

After Jiyong’s introduction, they finally looked at Hyunjoong who just smirked. “I’m sure you already know me,” he said sounding confident. “Well apart from my cousins Yoona and Dara and my buddy Jaejoong of course, I’m Kim Hyunjoong, 25 years old. Nice to meet you all.”

Hara nodded. “I know you. You’re a famous top male model.” Sunye, Jiyong, Donghae and Jonghyun nodded at the same time. Hyunjoong smiled confidently and proudly then he looked at Eunjung just like everyone.

Eunjung looked at him with furrowed brows. “Well I don’t know you, to be honest,” she just said with a slight tone of intimidation. Hyunjoong was amused that miss feisty doesn’t know him at all.

“Looks like someone’s living under a rock,” said Jaejoong, trying to mock Eunjung again.

Eunjung glared at him and muttered, “Prick.” Then she cleared . “My name is Ham Eunjung, 25 years old,” she said calmly and with pure confidence. “I work at Cheill Worldwide Inc. in the advertising area.” Hyunjoong was impressed and thought that for her to be accepted in a big company, she must’ve been really good with her work.

“My name is Lee Donghae and I’m a novelist,” said Donghae.

Dara and Yoona’s eyes widened and their mouths formed into an ‘O’shape. “You mean the Lee Donghae, the bestselling author,” asked Yoona. Donghae just nodded shyly. Dara and Yoona giggled and mumbled in unison,

“Cool!”. “Both of us love your novels and we can’t wait for your next bestseller,” said Dara with excitement. Donghae just smiled shyly at the two girls but what Dara said pressured him a bit. It made him feel desperate to come up with new ideas to write a new novel because a lot of people are expecting for something new. “Thanks,” he said politely.

“Wow, Hyung! You really are popular with girls,” said Jonghyun, teasingly in which he earned a glare from his hyung. Jonghyun just shrugged and beamed at the people looking at him. “Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Lee Jonghyun, brother of the famous Lee Donghae,” said Jonghyun with a smile. “I’m 18 years old and I’m an engineering student in Hanyang University. I'm really friendly so I'm sure you'll all get along with me. Nice to meet you all!”

It was Yoona’s turn to introduce herself. She calmed herself and smiled. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Im Yoona, 23 years old and I’m a photographer,” she said then she looked at Dara.

Dara cleared . “Annyeonghaseyo, My name is Park Sandara but you may just call me Dara,” she said as she introduced herself. “I’m 24 years old and I’m a medical student at Seoul National University.”

Everybody looked at Jaejoong, waiting for him to introduce himself. He just smirked when people looked at him for he liked it that everybody’s attention is on him. Then he winked at Dara who just rolled her eyes. “Looks like it’s my turn,” said Jaejoong forcing his iest tone. “I’m the dashing Kim Jaejoong, 25 years old. I’m an entrepreneur and I just launcched my second bar and a lot of famous celebrities hang out there. In fact I can give all of you a 20-30% discount for the VIP lounge.” Hyunjoong just chuckled at his friend's cheeky introduction while Eunjung and Dara just rolled their eyes.

“Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Min Sunye and I’m 24 years old,” said Sunye. ”I’m from Busan and working as a preschool teacher.”

It’s Goo Hara’s turn to introduce herself but due to the incident earlier, she felt uneasy. She fears that the people here hate her. She looked at Sunye who just gave her a genuine smile. She somehow felt better at Sunye’s smile and made a mental note to thank Sunye for being so warm to her. “Good evening, My name is Goo Hara, 17 years old,” she said, trying to calm her nerves. “I-I’m a fashion student at Hongik University. I'm really sorry for causing a scene earlier. Nice to meet you!” Hara finally felt relieved with her introduction. The others nodded and gave her a warm smile, acknowledging her apology.

When the introductions were done, they all looked at Eunjung. “So what now?” asked Hyunjoong, looking at Eunjung.

Eunjung cleared . “I think that we should take turns in doing the household chores in pairs,” said Eunjung. “So we’ll just have to pick our partner for the household chores.” Everybody agreed with her proposal. “So just choose the person you want to be paired with for the household chores.”

“I have a suggestion,,” said Jaejoong. “How about if the males are paired with females? I think that it will be more ideal so that the men can help the women if ever such work that needs strength are required such as lifting heavy things, if ever.”

Eunjung raised her eyebrow. “But what if people here are not interested to pair up with the opposite ?” asked Eunjung with a challenging tone. She hated it when other people’s ideas are overshadowing hers, especially if it’s Jaejoong because she thought she's supposed to be in-charge.

Jaejoong smiled confidently. “I have an idea,” he said. “Did any of you here brought a paper and a pen with them?”

“I have pen and a paper,” said Jiyong. “I’ll just get it.” Then Jiyong stood up to get a pen and a paper in his room. A few minutes later, Jiyong appeared with the pen and paper and gave it to Jaejoong. Everybody looked at Jaejoong as he scribbled something on the paper and shred it into pieces then he put it on the table. “The women will pick a piece of shredded paper,” he said. “Each of these papers have one name of one gentleman written and with a correspondent number. The person you picked will be your partner and the corresponding number will be your turn in doing household chores. The person who picked number one will be doing the chores tomorrow. Everybody got it?”

“Wow dude! Never thought you got some ideas hidden in that head of yours?” teased Hyunjoong. Jaejoong just chuckled at his friend’s remark. “Of course! I’m the brilliant Kim Jaejoong after all,” said Jaejoong. Dara looked at Jaejoong with the corner of her eyes. As she, together with the other women picked a piece of paper. She had to admit that his idea to support his own proposal was a bit clever, yeah, just a bit but he’s not going to tell him that. But still, her first impression of him doesn’t change and she suspects that he just thought of this idea in order to get close to one of the ladies and try his best to have his way with whom he will be paired up to. Who would've thought that pretty boy actually has a brain other than being obsessed with himself. Eunjung was fuming with anger deep inside. She hates it when Jaejoong is able to think of ideas and others end up praising him. She was supposed to be the one in-charge. She glared at the pretty boy as she picked a piece of paper. She checked the name written on the paper and scowled. And she thought that dealing with one arrogant pretty boy was bad enough yet here comes another one.

“Okay, reveal the person you picked,” the girls heard Jaejoong say.

Sunye did not hesitate to reveal who she picked. “I got Donghae ssi, number 3” she said. “Looks like we will be helping each other.” Donghae nodded and smiled at Sunye. He somehow felt relieved that it was Sunye who picked her because he can tell that he won’t have a hard time dealing with her. He could imagine if someone like Eunjung or Hara will be her partner, he can tell that it will just give him problems he doesn’t want to deal with right now.

“I got Jonghyun, number 4” said Hara shyly. Jonghyun grinned at Hara. Hara felt relieved because Jonghyun is just the same age as her and he seems to be friendly. Jonghyun is okay with Hara despite of the scene she caused earlier since he knows that he doesn’t have a problem getting along with people but he can be playful and mischievous as well.

Yoona can feel herself blushing upon seeing the person she picked. She bit her lower lip and tried to hide her blush by looking at her feet. “I got you Ji-Jiyong, number 5” she tried to calm herself. But somehow, she felt relieved and happy inside that she picked him. She looked at Jiyong and smiled at him who smiled at her back.

“That’s great,” said Jiyong. Yoona’s heartbeat was racing for some unknown reasons. “He smiled!”

Eunjung mentally cursed the person she got. She could’ve just got other names but then she thought that she’d rather pick him than Jaejoong. She sighed and looked at Hyunjoong with brows furrowed. “I got you, pretty model, number 1!” she said. Hyunjoong chuckled at Eunjung’s reaction when she picked him and he thought she looked cute.

“Looks like we will be cooking together tomorrow,” said Hyunjoong teasingly. Eunjung just rolled her eyes.

Dara blinked twice at the name written on the paper she picked. She mentally wished that she was just seeing things but she’s not. She doesn’t want to reveal the person she picked but she had no choice. Everybody is now looking at her, waiting for her to reveal the person she picked. “Jaejoong, number 2,” she said. Jaejoong can tell that Dara is far from being pleased and just smirked.

“Good choice, babe,” Jaejoong winked at Dara who just glared at him.

“Looks like everything is settled,” said Yoona looking at the people around. “Is the meeting adjourned?” Eunjung just nodded. Yoona then stood up, bowed at everyone then pulled Dara with her upstairs. The others followed them and went to their rooms

Inside their room…

“I can’t believe I got him Darong!” said Yoona calmly but Dara can hint Yoona’s excitement.

“What’s wrong if you got him?” asked Dara.

“I don’t know, I just have this weird feeling when I got him,” said Yoona as she sat on her bed.

“Do you have a crush on that guy, Yoong?” asked Dara giving her cousin curious looks.

Yoona stared at her cousin blankly upon hearing her question then went back to her senses. Does she have a crush on him? It can’t be, right? She just met him and don’t know anything about him aside from his name and him being a songwriter and composer. “What are you talking about, Darong? I just met him.”

Dara rolled her eyes. “It's just a crush Yoong.” said Dara. “It’s not like you’re gonna marry him. I’m going to take a shower.” Dara grabbed her towel and went to the bathroom.

Yoona sighed. She opened her drawing and grabbed a box and unsecured it. Inside the box revealed a handkerchief. She took the handkerchief out of the box and held it in her chest. She can’t really understand what’s happening to her. Her life is not even that complicated but she can’t help but be confused. She lay down on her bed on her side and curled into a ball, hugging the handkerchief. She waited for Dara to finish but while waiting, she dozed off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I finally posted this chapter...

Sorry if I wasn't able to post yesterday because I was busy...

They are already paired and each pairs will have turns with the household chores. Looks like Eunjung stood out a bit in this with chapter her authoritative behavior who always wants to be the one in-charge, arguing with Jaejoong and hating Jaejoong for coming up with an idea, overshadowing her when she's supposed to be in charge. Hyunjoong and Dara, surprised that Jaejoong actually has a brain other than being arrogant and vain.Yoona's got a crush on Jiyong! Sunye being helpful to Hara. Jonghyun, teasing Donghae again for having fans. Donghae, pressured to do his next novel...

So what do you think with this chapter...

Please don't forget to leave a comment after reading...

Thanks to those who read, subscribed, and commented...I really appreciate it...

See you next chapter....Soon! Here on AFF!

Have fun reading!