Chapter 17: Failed Stalkings and Meeting the Mother

Welcome to the Beach House

 

"I heard Hyunjoong and Eunjung yesterday," said Jaejoong with a mischievous smirk. "Eunjung is going to her office tomorrow to pass the draft of the promotion she has been woking on. Then I think they are going on a date afterwards."

Dara scowled at what Jaejoong is saying. Even though he is not telling what he is planning to do yet, she already knows what it is. "So what's the big deal if they are going on a date afterwards?"

Jaejoong's smirk grew wider. "Don't you see it? We have a new task. A new soon to be couple to stalk."

"Urgh! Jae, we did that before and we were obviously got caught so I think we will still be get caught," said Dara, looking annoyed. "And summer is fast approaching so I need to read my textbook double time to prepare for my last year in med school."

Jaejoong rolled his eyes at what Dara is saying. "This is going to be fun so stop being boring for a while and let's do our a mission."

Dara glared at Jaejoong who just winked at her. "We'll do this babe and no but's!" Dara was about to respond but Jaejoong already walked out not giving her a chance to speak. "The nerve!"

 

Yoona is looking at her cousin who is now preparing. "So you're going to Seoul, huh."

Dara who wore a slightly loose black long sleeved shirt, denim skinny pants, Converse sneaker, a navy blue bucket hat on her head and that Harry Potter Style, round spectacles ,just sighed. "Even if I don't want to but all thanks to that crazy flower boy." When she's done changing she got out of her room, stomping her foot like a toddler having tantrums. Yoona followed her cousin outside their room and he saw Jaejoong outside with a smirk on her face. He wore a gray long sleeved shirt sunglasses hanging, black denim pants and black sneakers, with a beanie hat on his head.

"We better go, I saw them walk to wards their car," said Jaejoong with enthusiasm, very much the opposite to Dara's sour expression.

Jiyong saw Yoona and walked towards her but the other people in the room also caught his eye. "Wow, so the two of you are going on a date?" he asked.

"This is far from being a date," Dara muttered. Jaejoong grinned at his cousin. "It's complicated to explain so we'll just put it that way," he said as he grinned at Yoona and Jiyong with questioning looks. Dara was about to protest but Jae then pulled her with him. "Let's go babe. We can't lose them."

When the pair was out of sight, Jiyong eyed Yoona with a puzzled look. "What's going on with those two?"

Yoona already had an idea what those two are up to but shrugged. "I don't know."

 

Jaejoong and Dara trailed behind a black Porche Cayenne GTS SUV at a distance reasonable enough for them to not get caught by the passengers of the car. Jaejoong's eyes was so focused on the road and to the car they are following to not lose them. Dara just sat lazily on the seat next to the driver. She can't believe that she is being dragged into this all over again.

After a two hour drive, they finally arrived at Seoul, still following the black Porche. They where still trailing for a while until they noticed that the car they are following is suddenly running very fast much to their dismay. Jaejoong drove the car faster to keep up but the traffic light turned red and by that time, the black Porche was already ahead by a few cars and was on the other side of the pedestrian lane. They practically lost them.

"Looks like we lost them," said Dara. Jaejoong groaned in frustration at what happened. Disappointment clear in his eyes. Dara sighed. "I guess we are not meant to stalk them today."

Dara felt sorry for Jaejoong. She can see the excitement in his eyes while following Hyunjoong's car but now vanished. "Since we lost them. I'm not in the mood to go back yet."

Jaejoong looked at Dara wide-eyed. "What do you mean?"

Dara smiled genuinely. "Want to go somewhere else? Since we obviously can't stalk them."

The frustration in Jaejoong's eyes turned into a sunny expression. "Really?"

Dara beamed at the him. "Of course."

"So where do you want to go?" he asked.

"Uhmm...anywhere you think is fine," said Dara. "I'm fine with it. It's up to you."

"Let's go to Namsan Park and we can also go to Namsan Tower," said Jaejoong with excitement then paused for a while and looked at Dara. "Are you not afraid of heights?"

Dara shook her head which earned a smile from Jaejoong. "Good. Let's go!"

Jaejoong drove his car to Namsan Park. After arriving at the park, Jaejoong offered Dara ice cream. Dara nodded so Jaejoong bought ice cream for her. They walked for a while while eating their ice cream. While strolling, they are enjoying the scenic view the park has to offer. They will take pictures of them, solo or together, using their iphones. After finishing their ice cream, Jaejoong thought of something. "Let's rent a bike for each and stroll around the park, biking."

"I think that's more convenient since this park is so big," said Dara.

They went to the bike rentals to rent for two bikes. Unfortunately, the bike are so in demand that only one bike left. "Is is okay for you to ride in one bike with me driving?" Jaejoong asked.

Dara thought for a while. She cringed at the idea of riding in one bike with him because of fearing accidents but shrugged. "Just promise you will drive carefully!"

Jaejoong chuckled. "Yes ma'am!" he said with an assuring tone. 

Jaejoong rode on the bike and Dara sat on behind and clinged on him. The feel of her arms around his waist was new for Jaejoong but he liked it. He thought that Dara's arms fit perfectly on his waist. He started to do the pedals. At first, Dara would whimper in fear. He can feel her arms shaking. "Just relax. Don't worry. Trust me."

Dara listened to Jaejoong. Hearing his soothing voice saying those words made her feel better and calm. She felt being safe with him and finally, she trusted him. After those words by Jaejoong, Dara did not feel any fear. She just enjoyed the scenic views they had not been to earlier while they where walking. Jaejoong smiled that Dara is finally trusting him on this and having fun instead of being scared.

While strolling using the bike, they will argue from time to time especially with Jaejoong's teasing personality and Dara's sarcasm. Then they will laugh it off in the end. They will also joke with each other.

Jaejoong at first, was disappointed for losing Hyunjoong and Eunjung. But now, he is somehow kind of thankful that they lost them. If not, they would have spent their day following them. He would have not seen Dara smiling like this. He really likes feeling of being smiled at by Dara.

Dara did not expect for her day to turn out like this. At first, she thought that they will spend the whole day on stalking her playboy of a cousin and Eunjung. What is happening is kind of a surprise for her. Sure Jaejoong is growing in on her and they already get along well but he kind of still gets into her nerves from time to time. But this time, the Jaejoong he is with is all fun. She never thought that Jaejoong would thought of going to a park since she thought that he is not into this sort of places because he is more of a party person.

They strolled for a while. Their laughs fill the air in every locations they pass by. They spent a lot of time together before but it's mostly exchange of insults and sarcasm or stalking on potential couple as he says and they are getting quite used to it and sort of having fun with it. But this time, no exchange of insults, no stalking of other people, a little of sarcasm maybe but overall, it's just the two of them having fun and a good laugh with each other. Definitely the first time they had a total laughs together.

After biking, the two of them thought of going to the tower. Above the tower, they enjoyed the panoramic view of Seoul. They took pictures of the wonderful view then they will take pictures with them on it as well.

"I guess, losing Hyunjoong and Eunjung back there at the street isn't so bad after all," said Dara, giggling.

Jaejoong chuckled. "True. Cool, isn't it."

"Yeah," said Dara then he looked at Jaejoong. "Thanks for taking me here."

Jaejoong stared into Dara's eyes deeply. Their brownish orbs met and did not break fo a while. "You're welcome."

They were into each other's eyes for a while. Jaejoong did not notice but he is slowly leaning closer to Dara. Dara did not notice it at first but then their faces are a few inches apart that made her finally realized the position they are in. "Eh?" She pulled back and looked at the view outside the tower as soon as possible to hide her blush.

A reddish tint formed into Jaejoong's face upon realizing the position earlier. He realized that he was leaning forward earlier making it look like that he was about to kiss her. Fear filled his thoughts for he probably scared Dara. Luckily Dara pulled back because if not, he knew where it could've lead to. Both are still silent, trying to get over what was about to happen earlier.

"Jaejoong?" a voice called, interrupting both of them from their thoughts. They turned to the direction of the caller only to see a middle aged woman.

Dara blinked twice as she looked at the woman whom she is guessing is in her late forties or early fifties. She thought that she still looked beautiful. Then her eyes shifted to Jaejoong who is staring blankly at the woman. "Mom," she can hear him saying coldly which widened her eyes.

Silence enveloped the three of them and Dara can't help but feel an awkward tension between the mother and son. "Annyeonhaseyo, Mrs. Kim," greeted Dara, finally breaking the silence and the awkward atmosphere and bowing at the older woman. "Park Sandara imnida."

The woman Jaejoong referred to as mom, smiled gently. "Annyeonghaseyo Park Sandara ssi," she greeted and bowed back. "Lee Young Ae imnida."

 

Jaejoong, Dara and Lee Young Ae, Jaejoong's mom is now at the 4th obsevatory deck of the tower which is the revolving restaurant, having lunch. "Is it okay if I call you Sandara, it's a nice and unique, name," said Young Ae.

"Sure, but you may also call me Dara," said Dara in a polite tone. "But it depends on what you prefer to address me, uhmm..."

"You may simply call me auntie," said  Young Ae, smiling at the younger woman. "And I think I prefer calling you Sandara because I like your name."

"Thank you," said Dara. Jaejoong was just quiet the whole time. It was mostly Dara and his mom who are having the conversation.

"So how old are you, Dara?" asked Young Ae with enthusiasm. "Tell me about yourself."

"I'm 24 years old and I'm a med student at SNU," answered Dara. "This school year will be my last."

"That's very nice," said Young Ae. 'Good luck on your last year."

"Thank you," said Dara.

"Then you're going to have your internship," said Young Ae which earned a nod from Dara. "When you're done with your internship and you are going to apply for your residence, you are welcome to do it in our hospital."

The older lady smiled and winked at Dara while talking. Dara can't help but grin at the older woman. "Thank you."

Dara and Jaejoong's mom seems to get along well. Jaejoong on the other hand is obviously not in the mood to talk to his mom. He just watched the two ladies giggle while talking.

"So what's going on between the two of you?" asked Young Ae teasingly. "How did you meet?"

"We're just friends," said Dara. "We met at late aunt Jihyun's beach house." Then she explained the arrangement of how they ended up going and living at aunt Jihyun's beach house.

"So you are related to Jihyun?" asked a surprised Young Ae. Dara nodded. "What a coincidence!" Dara chuckled.

Then Young Ae's attention shifted from Dara to her son. "Are you going to be quiet the whole time son? I really missed talking to you."

"There's nothing to talk to since I don't think you find my life interesting," muttered Jaejoong. Dara frozed at Jaejoong's words. Her eyes shifted from Jaejoong, looking expressionless to Young Ae with hurt evident in her eyes for a while then it changed into her happy facade earlier.

"You see, this son of my mind is a really smart boy," said Young Ae gleefulle. "His teachers are always fond of him even though he causes trouble. They will always brought up that even though he has that happy-go-lucky vibe, they are amazed at how he is able to answer the hardest questions. They will even ask me to convince him to persuade him to join their school debate or represent their school."

Dara can't help but be amused at listening about Jae's story coming from his month. So he is really smart huh. Come to think of it, she is not surprised anyway. From what he witnessed from spending time with him, she thought that behing that shallow, vain and arrogant act he is giving, is a mind that actually knows how to think. She can also sence that Young Ae is somehow proud of Jaejoong's smarts.

"He is also a med student like you once," said Young Ae. "He dropped out after his second year."

Dara's eyes widened upon hearing this piece of information. She looked at Jaejoong who suddenly walked out of the table and wet straight to the comfort room. Young Ae sighed. "I know he hates me. I'm sorry you had to witness this."

Dara was speechless. She doesn't know how to act. She's not good at situations like this. Young Ae looked at her. "I guess we pressured him too much to finish medicine not realizing that he's not happy with it."

Dara just listened and looked at Young Ae who is obviously going to tear up anytime soon. "My husband, Jaejoong's father is now the president of the Kim Medical Group which he inherited from his father. They are a family of doctors and coincidentally, I'm a doctor too. So his father wanted him to be a doctor just like him but I guess my son is indeed the happy-go-lucky type. We are against his dropping out of medicine school so he moved out. The next think we heard is that he's managing a night club which is a success and he already opened a second one. I'm proud of him and wanted to see him but my husband is still disappointed. I guess it's my fault if my son hates me since I haven't been a real mother to him during his tough times."

Dara just kept shut. She doesn't know what to say either since comforting is not really her forte. Then she saw Jaejoong back from the comfort room. She excused herself to go to the comfort room.

Silence fills the air again between the mother and son. "Why are you here at Namsan?" asked Jaejoong with hint of annoyance.

"I just wanted to look around," answered Young Ae. "Your dad's been busy lately. Then I saw you here and I really missed you, son."

"Now that's really hard to believe," said Jaejoong.

"I know I haven't been a good mother to you son," said Young Ae with sincerity but Jaejoong still refused to acknowledge. "And I know it's not easy for you to forgive me and your father but I'm really sorry and I hope that you'll have the heart to forgive us."

Young Ae's phone suddenly rang. "Excuse me. I'll just get this." His other answered her phone ans he saw Dara back from the comfort room. She sat beside him and looked at him with concern. He cupped her cheeks and smiled at her genuinely. "I'll be fine," he said with assurance and earned a sincere smile from Dara.

Unknown to Jaejoong and Dara, after the call ended, Young Ae was about to join them. Then she stopped for a while when she saw the skinship between her son and Dara and smiled.

Their lunch ended and their are now outside of the restaurant. "Something came up so I have to go. It was nice having lunch with you," said Young Ae then looked at Dara and smiled. "It's nice to meet you Dara."

"It's nice to meet you too, auntie," said Dara with a smile.

"Looking forward to see you again, Sandara."

"Same here," smiled Dara.

"I'll just borrow my son for a bit," said Young Ae, dragging her son at an enough distance from Dara. Jaejoong gave her weird and cold looks but she shrugged. "I know you hate to to talk to me but I just want to say this. I like that type of girl for you. So if ever you thought of being serious in a relationship then I want a girl like Dara for you. But I think it's much better if it is Sandara herself. She is beautiful and both of you look good together. She's a good catch."

Jaejoong was caught off guard at his mom's statement. His mom just winked at him and looked at Dara. "Bye Sandara," said Young Ae then she walked towards Dara. "Take care of my son for me," she said winking making Dara blush. "Till we meet again."

Jaejoong's mom is gone. The two was just quiet for a while. Dara felt awkward because she doesn't know if Jaejoong is indeed alright like what he told her. "Let's go and ride the cable car," she finally said.

Jaejoong just smiled at her which suddenly made Dara's heart skip a beat, much to her dismay. "That's a good idea," said Jaejoong. He grabbed her hand and pulled her with him gently and walked to where the cable car with their hands still locked with each other.

 

 

 

 

 

Finally...I wrote a Jaedara moment. So what do you think?

I hope you like their unexpected date. What can you say about Jae's mom.

Pease don't forget to comment.

Thanks to all the supporters of this story.

HAve a nice day...

Have fun readung this chapter....