Chapter 19: The People from Her Past

Welcome to the Beach House

 

Eunjung is just sitting on the seat beside the driver peacefully. She had her backpack on her lap since Hyunjoong told her to prepare some overnight clothes just in case they are not able to make it back to the beach house by night. She can’t help but wonder why then a scary thought came across her mind. She thought that what if he is planning on taking advantage of her? Well that won’t happen because he won’t let her. She at least knows the basics of self-defense since she always gets home late during work time and thought of its significance. Hyunjoong started running the car very fast that it startled her, interrupting her from her thoughts. So fast that she almost felt like running out of breath. "Slow down, will you! The traffic police might ask penalty from us or worse, take us to prison because of you driving in such a reckless manner."

Hyunjoong chuckled. "I'm used to driving in every streets of Seoul so I know what streets that I think I can drive fast or not. And I'm not driving recklessly either. That's the last thing I'll ever do even if I'm drunk."

Eunjung rolled her eyes. "But why did you have to drive very fast?"

"I just don't want some nosy people meddling and ruining my date with you," said Hyunjoong with eyes still on the road.

"Nosy people? Where? Who?" asked Eunjung with a puzzled expression looking at the back of the car.

"Don't worry, we lost them so you have all of me for yourself today," said Hyunjoong teasingly, winking at Eunjung.

Eunjung rolled her eyes. "So who are they, the ones who were following us earlier?"

"They are none other than Jae and Dara," said Hyunjoong bluntly, his eyes still focused on the road.

"They are? Why would they follow us?" asked Eunjung, looking shocked at the idea of Jae and Dara following them.

"I guess Jae just had nothing better to today," said Hyunjoong, laughing lightly. "But I can't believe he dragged my innocent cousin into this stupid scheme of his."

"Well that's what people with nothing better to do does anyway," said Eunjung, crossing her arms on her chest. "Meddling on other people's business."

 

The pair finally arrived at the building of Eunjung's office. She still have to show the draft of her proposal to her boss. Her promotion depends on this proposal she's been making. Hyunjoong on the other hand, just sat on the chair of her office, leaning on the office table while waiting for Eunjung to come out. He noticed that Eunjung's colleagues, particularly the females have been checking him out. The commotion he's causing to the female colleagues just made him smirk.

Eunjung, inside her boss' office, just sat on the chair in front of her boss' table. Her boss is reading the draft of her proposal. She can't help but feel nervous as she waits for his comment. Her boss finished reading and then eyed her. He had that satisfied grin on his face which lessened Eunjung's worries.

"I like it," said her boss. "I always knew that this vacation will be a big help for you. I think it is well made. The agenda and strategies are precise."

Eunjung can't help but smile triumphantly as she heard her boss complimenting the draft of her proposal. There were a few corrections so her boss had just given her advice on what to do to correct those. She listened attentively to what her boss is saying.

After for who knows how long, probably half an hour or more, Eunjung finally came out grinning with triumph. Then two of her closest female colleagues, Hyomin and Soyeon went to her.

"So how was it?" asked Soyeon with curiosity.

"He praised the file saying that it was well made," said Eunjung with enthusiasm. "There are a few corrections though. But overall he said it was well made."

"Well congratulations in advance," said Hyomin. "I can't wait for you to be our new boss."

"It's not yet final but I'm sure I have a big chance in obtaining this promotion," said Eunjung.

Then Hyomin tapped Eunjung's shoulder. Eunjung turned to her colleague and friend. "Yes?"

"That guy you're with, isn't that the famous male model Kim Hyunjoong?" asked Hyomin, looking at Hyunjoong.

"Yeah, so?" said Eunjung bluntly.

"He's even hotter in person," squealed Soyeon. "You look good together and I have a feeling that he likes you. How did you two get to know each other?"

Eunjung was shocked at what Soyeon said. "What makes you say that? He doesn't like me. We're just, I'm not sure if we already consider ourselves as friends but we're not more than that. And we met at Aunt Jihyun's beach house. He's her nephew on her father's side."

"Okay, said Hyomin. "But I think you look good together. And look! He's staring at you!"

Eunjung rolled her eyes. "I better go to that guy. I miss you guys, can't wait to be back. End of summer is fast approaching."

"Same here," said Soyeon with enthusiasm.

Hyomin beamed at Eunjung. "We can't wait for you to be back! And I'm sure that summer had helped a lot. You met a hot male model after all."

Eunjung rolled her eyes again at her friends teasing.. "I have to go. See you soon girls!"

 

After dropping by at Eunjung’s office, the pair decided to chill for a while at a nearby Starbucks. They both ordered chilled blends since the weather is kind of hot because of the summer and a blueberry cheesecake.

“Since you declared this as a date, where are you planning to take me to?” asked Eunjung, raising her eyebrow.

Hyunjoong smirked. “I don’t know.”

Eunjung’s jaw dropped at the answer. “You’ve been pestering me to go on a date with you and you don’t know where to take me. Seriously, I think you’re the worst guy when it comes to planning a date.”

Hyunjoong chuckled at how Eunjung reacted. “Relax there, babe,” he said winking at the lady in front of her.

Eunjung rolled her eyes and continued drinking her chilled blend. After their time at Starbucks, they went inside Hyunjoong’s black Porche. Hyunjoong started driving. Eunjung can tell that this man knows where to go but she didn’t mind asking him.

The car parked and when Eunjung got out of the car, she can’t help but be surprised to see that Hyunjoong took her to Insa-dong. She can’t help but giggle when she realized that she is in Insa-dong indeed. Hyunjoong eyed her quizzically. “What?” he asked.

“Nothing! It’s just that I can’t believe that you know I like going to this place,” said Eunjung, smirking at the man with her. “Okay, spill it! I bet you asked Jae about this.”

Hyunjoong can’t help but look at her questioningly. “Huh? You like this place?” asked Hyunjoong, still can’t believe that the place he thought of bringing her was a spot on and a place that she liked going to. “And no, I didn’t ask Jae either. Heck I don’t even know that you like this place. I just thought of bringing you here. I swear I don’t know! But it’s a good thing that you like it here.”

Eunjung laughed at how Hyunjoong answered the question. “I did not know you can be this funny.”

“Well, that’s another side of me you have to know,” said Hyunjoong with a smirk on the corner of his lips.”

“Let’s go!” said Eunjung, clutching Hyunjoong’s hand and pulling him with her. Hyunjoong eyed their intertwined hands and liked the feeling especially how perfectly it fit with each other.

They went to the different attractions the place has to offer. It is one of the most famous cultural streets in Seoul where it represents both historical and modern. They first went to different art museums containing artworks that represent the Joseon Dynasty. This place is indeed part of the Joseon Dynasty during historical times so traditional writings and antique stores are around as well and they did not forget passing by there.

 Hyunjoong can’t helped but be amazed at how interested Eunjung is when it comes to arts. He never thought that a person as independent and as choleric as her would be into arts. But then he remembered her job being in the advertising department so in order to be able to think of ways to advertise something well, interest in arts can be of great help especially when it comes to being creative. They will take pictures of them together and also the pieces of arts that amaze them.

“I think I should buy souvenirs as well,” said Eunjung, smilingly. “It will be my remembrance of going out with Mr. Pretty Model.”

Hyunjoong smirked leaned towards her with their lips an inch apart. “I’m somehow honored that I don’t want to be forgotten by Miss Feisty.”

Eunjung gulped as she felt his breathe, tingling her skin. She also can’t help but note how his breathe smelt like mint. It enthralled her that she thought of kissing him. She quickly turned away shoving those thought off her mind and hiding the small blush that crept up her cheeks. “Let’s go buy the souvernirs.”

Hyunjoong noticed how uneasy Eunjung felt. He can’t help but be pleased with the effect he is giving her. As he leaned towards her, his eyes caught her pink lips and he had the urge to kiss her again. If only she did not turn away, he would’ve gave a peck on her lips. It has been always clear to him, they are physically or probably ually attracted to each other but Eunjung is being denial with her attraction towards him and he can’t blame her. She is still in a state of confusion due to her, moving on from an old flame and her sudden attraction to him. Whenever it’s just the two of them, the is there but he won’t force his way to her. He’s not that kind of guy anyway. He won’t pressure her for something she doesn’t want to do. Then he suddenly thought, it’s not as if he is expecting to be in a relationship with her right. Sure he is attracted to her and it’s probably just hormones but how come he feels unsure if that is the reason, of what kind of attraction he has to this authoritative lady. He just followed the lady he is with right now in looking for souvenirs to buy.

After their souvenir hunting, they both decided to buy bracelets for each of them made of traditional Korean stones with the same shade and color. Then they noticed that it was lunch time and they decided to have fun with the best street foods offered such as the gimpbap, odeng and bunggeopang.

After lunch, they went to the historical sites such as the Unhyeon Palace and the Bosingak bell pavilion. They even had pictures taken wearing traditional clothes of Korean royalty. Eunjung can’t help but laugh at how Hyunjoong is so into posing like he is a king from the historical times.

“I think you’ll definitely love to travel back in time and be the king of Korea,” said Eunjung teasingly.

“Of course! And if I was king, I’m probably the most beautiful and girls will drool at my sight,” said Hyunjoong with a proud smirk.

Eunjung rolled her eyes. “Uh! Arrogant as always!”

Hyunjoong just chuckled. “And if I’m the king, I’ll make you my queen.”

Eunjung was taken aback at what Hyunjoong said. She can’t help but blush very deep and was speechless. Then she finally recovered and gave light punches on his shoulder. “What a tease,” she muttered which earned a laugh from Hyunjoong.

 

It’s already dark and the pair decided to have dinner at a nearby restaurant. They gave their orders to the waiter. When the waiter was out of sight, Eunjung was startled after hearing a familiar female voice calling her name. She turned to the direction where the voice came from and her jaw dropped.

Hyunjoong looked at where the caller came from and his eyes widened. A girl with blonde hair who looked like a doll was spotted with a dark haired man who is obviously taller. He thought that they look familiar then he finally remembered. They were the same people he saw from Eunjung’s laptop. Yes, they are her former bestfriend and former fiancée.

A bewildered expression can be traced in Eunjung’s face. She felt like panicking inside. The idea of seeing them again never crossed her mind and now she doesn’t know how to face them. Hyunjoong can see her fingers trembling. He then looked at the pair who just called Eunjung and he can see that both have apologetic looks on their faces and it mixed with guilt as well.

“Eunjung!” said Jessica, walking towards Eunjung. Eunjung did not even bother looking at her as she stood up and walked straight to the bathroom. Hyunjoong can see the sadness in Jessica’s eyes and can’t help but feel sorry for her. “Excuse me, I have to talk to her,” said Jessica, looking at Taecyeon then looked and Hyunjoong and bowed. She then followed Eunjung towards the bathroom.

Taecyeon eyed Hyunjoong, then he walked towards him. “Taecyeon, a former acquaintance of Eunjung. Nice meeting you,” he said and bowed.

“Hyunjoong, a new friend of hers. Nice to meet you,” he said and bowed as well. “Take a sit,” he offered and Taecyeon did.

 

Meanwhile at the bathroom, Jessica tried to talk to Eunjung who just kept on ignoring her. “Eunjung, please talk to me.”

“There’s nothing to talk about!” yelled Eunjung with tears falling from her eyes. “You already had him! And don’t worry, I already accepted the fact that he will not come back to me! And that you are still together, very happy and going strong. Congratulations! Especially for successfully hurting me while the two of you were having fun behind my back! I trusted both of you but who would have thought that it is the two of you who will cause so much pain to me!”

“I’m so sorry!” said Jessica, with tears as well. “We didn’t really want to hurt you and we both feel guilty for hurting you. I’m sorry for falling for him that made us hurt you. I know my reasons are unacceptable but I’m really sorry.”

“You didn’t mean to hurt me? But you already did Jess!” cried Eunjung, covering her face with bother her palms and trying to wipe her tears.

“I’m really sorry,” said Jessica, sniffling and wiping her tears. “I know it’s not easy to forgive me but I do hope that you’ll have the heart to forgive us someday.”

 

While waiting for the ladies to come back, there is an awkward silence between the two gentlemen. Hyunjoong finally decided to break the silence. “So you’ve known Eunjung for a long time.”

Taecyeon smiled and nodded. “What about you?”

“Just recently,” said Hyunjoong. “So what’s up?”

“Well, we are surprised to see her here,” said Taecyeon. “I know she hates me so much and I understand if she might not forgive me and Jess so easily.”

“I see,” said Hyunjoong. He already knows the reason so he thought of not asking at all.

“I’ll try to ask for her forgiveness but I’m not going to expect her to forgive us soon,” said Taecyeon with sadness and guilt in his eyes.

Then the two ladies finally came out of the bathroom. Evidence of crying can be traced as their faces somehow glowed. Taecyeon stood up and looked at Eunjung who looked at him coldly.

“I’m really sorry for everything Eunjung,” said Taecyeon in which Hyunjoong thought was in a sincere manner. “I understand if you won’t forgive us easily. But I do hope that someday, you’ll finally decide to forgive us.”

Jessica also looked at her friend sincerely. Eunjung raised her eyebrow after Taecyeon said his apology. “I think it is best if both of you leave!”

“We will,” said Taecyeon. “And we are really sorry from the bottom of our hearts.”

Then Taecyeon looked at Hyunjoong. “It’s nice to meet you. Please take care of Eunjung,” he said sincerely which earned a nod from Hyunjoong.

Eunjung took a sit and then eyed the retreating couple with so much hurt and sadness. Her hands above the table are trembling. Hyunjoong just kept quiet and held her trembling hand. Their orders arrived and both ate in silence throughout the dinner.

 

After dinner, they both went to the car and are now sitting in silence again. Hyunjoong looked at Eunjung who is shaking and with tears falling from her eyes. He offered her his handkerchief. Eunjung accepted the handkerchief and used it to wipe her tears. Hyunjoong pulled Eunjung towards him and gave her a warm embrace and tapping her back as his way of comforting.

Eunjung continued to cry. While comforting the crying woman, Hyunjoong can’t help but feel jealous for Taecyeon. Jealous because until now, he is still the main reason this woman he likes, is in tears. Yes, he likes her, not sure of up to what extent but he does like her. And because of the man named Taecyeon who appeared to them earlier, he is unsure if she also likes him back. For the first time, he felt unsure if a woman likes her back or not, something he is not used to since he is always sure that women he hits on, wants him as well.

“I need to have a drink,” said Eunjung, as she pulls away from Hyunjoong. “Take me somewhere, a place where we can drink.”

Hyunjoong stared deeply into her eyes. The seriousness in her eyes made him give in to her request. “Okay, madam. Sit tight as I drive us there!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So this chapter is all about Hyunjung moment...So how do you find their date. And they get to meet people from her past. 

So Hyunjoong does like Eunjung and is jealous of Taecyeon for still being the reson of her crying.

Please don't forget to leave a comment for this chapter.

Thanks again for supporting this story.

Have fun reading this!