Chapter 1: Meet the Ladies

Welcome to the Beach House

Dara

An hour passed by and Dara was still reading her Hunger Games novel, the first book in the series. She had to admit that she liked the story but she couldn't help but wonder why on earth was she reading a novel when she was supposed to be studying her medicine textbooks. She just sighed and put her novel down beside her and cuddled her pilllow. It is summer anyway so there is nothing wrong with reading a different book other than her textbooks. As each year passed by, lessons were getting more challenging and stressful. She loved the challenges no matter how stressful it was. She had always dreamed of becoming a doctor ever since she was young and she would be one in the future. Yoona will be calling her soon to tell her to pick her up so they can go together to their late aunt Jihyun's new beach house.

Her aunt Jihyun died of lymphoma five months ago. Dara and Yoona mourned for her for she was their favorite aunt. Aunt Jihyun had no husband and child so she always volunteered to babysit her and Yoona. Her mom, Yoona's dad and Aunt Jihyun are pretty close so she and Yoona are quite close as well. Well come to think of it, Yoona is her only cousin that she is close to and the only one she can stand. Some of her cousins are arrogant, snob and annoying that she can't even stand being in the same room with them even though she doesn't speak to them. She is not interested to listen their drama. It's a good thing that Yoona is different. Sure she is outgoing but she's not annoying. The type who is just naturally nice and warm.

Dara remembered when Aunt Jihyun's butler came to their house and told them that their aunt, before she died, ordered him to tell her favorite nephews and nieces from both her father and mother's side to spend summer in her beach house. "So that means, there will be other people there too. I don't mind if it's only with Yoona and Hyunjoong, my other annoying but tolerable cousin but what if I don't get along with the others."

She had been waiting for Yoona's call but she suddenly fell asleep. An hour later, her ringing phone woke her up. She saw that it was Yoona so she answered her phone. "Hello....Okay, I'll pick you up. Wait for me, I'll be on my way. Bye"

As soon as the call ended, Dara grabbed her luggage and went down stairs. "Nah! I don't mind if there will be other people, as long as they mind their own business, I'm fine. "Omma, I'll be borrowing your car and pick up Yoona so we can go together to Aunt Jihyun's beach house."

"Okay, sweety, be careful with driving," said Dara's mom giving her daughter a kiss on the forehead.

Dara got inside the car and started driving. She is excited to finally take a break from the city life and stressful classes and just go spend summer on a beach. Her aunt's beach house which was finished two weeks before she died is a two-hour drive from Seoul. She had never seen that beach house yet so she was a bit excited to see it for herself.

Yoona

Finally, the photo shoot ended and Yoona was happy for herself. The male model irritated her throughout the photoshoot by flirting with her. She had the urge to slap the model but told herself not to and to just be professional. She wondered whether he knew the word professionalism because for her, it definitely was not right to flirt with  co-workers. But even though the male model irritated her, the overall photoshoot went well. The whole team were even impressed with her shots which made her grin with amusement and satisfaction.

She is starting to make a name for herself as a professional photographer. After this summer, she will be heading to her first overseas project in Japan for a photoshoot for a top magazine in Japan and the feature will be none other than her dream guy, Takuya Kimura. Thinking about her upcoming big project, excitement filled her but for now, she's going to have fun at her late Aunt Jihyun's beach house. She picked up her cellphone to call her cousin Dara. "I'm done with the photoshoot. You may pick me up now at the studio. I'll be waiting for you here. Bye. Be careful with driving."

Yoona remembered when her aunt's butler went to her house to inform her and her parents. Apparently, Dara is included and also eight other people who are blood related to her or not because the other nieces and nephew are from both Aunt Jihyun's parents' side. A few minutes later, she received a text message from Dara saying that she's outside the building, waiting. She immediately grabbed her luggages and went outside to meet Dara.

Dara smiled upon seeing her but her eyes widened upon seeing her luggages. "Whoa! Did you bring the whole studio with you!?"

Yoona rolled her eyes at her cousin's question. "Of course not! I just brought my camera and my art kit. It's a beach and a beautiful view is expected so I can't miss my chances of getting a picture or painting a portrait of good sights."

"If you say so Yoong!" Dara chuckled. "Hop on so that we'll be there before it gets dark."

Yoona nodded and put her luggages in the trunk of the car. After putting her luggages, she sat on the chair beside the driver's seat. Dara  the radio and started driving.

"So how was the photoshoot?" asked Dara with her eyes on the road.

"It went well even though the male model was irritating the heck out of me," said Yoona.

"Why? What did the male model do?" asked Dara, then a smirk formed on her face. "Let me guess, he's flirting with you."

Yoona's eyes widened at her cousin's guess and she can see the mischievous smirk formed on her face. "Yah! What makes you say that?"

"Oh come on Yoong, that's what you always complain," said Dara in a matter-of-fact tone. "It's just that you're too beautiful to be a photgrapher. You can give those surgery enhanced models a run for their own money with your natural beauty. And every guy who fails to see that is definitely blind."

"Jeez couz, you praise me too much!" said Yoona rolling her eyes.

"What? I'm just telling the truth. Nothing's wrong with being honest anyway."

"And what about you huh?" said Yoona raising her eyebrow. "When you become a doctor, I bet the male population won't mind getting sick as long as they are being treated by a gorgeous doctor like you!"

"Who are you calling gorgeous?" muttered Dara, slightly frowning.

"Well you of course, my dear cousin," said Yoona, smirking. "If you think I'm beautiful, well for me you're gorgeous. We're cousins anyway so it runs in the genes."

Dara rolled her eyes and chuckled. "If you say so Yoong!" The two lovely cousins continued with their journey.

Eunjung

Eunjung just woke up feeling nauseous. She drank a lot of liquor in a bar near their office building last night so having a hangover is not a surprise. She went to her kitchen and made coffee for herself to help her with the hangover

She remembered how everything happened so fast. She was only aiming for a promotion as the next team leader and she can't see anything wrong with being ambitious. She always had her whole focus in getting the promotion only to find her fiancee, Taecyeon, her boyfriend of two years and her bestfriend Jessica, having an affair behind her back which lead to their break-up.

She trusted them but they just hurt her. She couldn't believe that Taecyeon, after everything they have been through, would just choose Jess over her. And as for Jess, they have been friends since childhood and she had the nerve to steal her boyfriend whom she loved so much. Then while they were confessing after they got caught by her, they acted as if they were guilty and reasoned that they didn't mean to hurt her. She bet that they are rejoicing now that she's out of their lives and they are free to be together everytime they want to.

Her cancelled engagement was a big news in the whole building because Taecyeon and her are working in the same company but in a different field. She just focused her mind on her work. Her workmates can't help but feel sorry for her. Even her family and relatives knew the story and pitied her but she didn't need their pity.  She tried to tell everybody and herself that she is fine even when she is not. She felt like having a breakdown everytime the betrayal crossed her mind but she always controlled herself.

That's when her boss told her to go on a vacation and come back anytime she's feeling okay. She insisted that she is fine and does not need a vacation and that she is going to work hard on her promotion. Her boss' decision was final and besides, who was she kidding anyway? It's true, she is far from alright. She thought that this vacation will help her get her mind off Taecyeon and Jessica and help her focus on her project that needs to be done.

"Screw Taecyeon and Jess. I will not let them take over my mind and my life. I have a promotion to work on and I will get that until I get to the highest position I can get." She smirked triumphantly. She packed her things and went to her car and started driving. It's a good thing that she is also one of the few nieces of her late aunt to be invited. Probably some peace and quiet as long as she will not let the others meddle with her life.

It felt weird for her going to her aunt's property without seeing her there. She really missed her aunt Jihyun. She is her only relative that she is close to, aside from her parents of course. Her aunt's death shocked and saddened her but then again she had to be strong. It was always her beloved aunt who encouraged her when she was younger and full of insecurities.

Sunye

Sunye had been walking alone on a path that will lead her to her late aunt Jihyun's beach house. She took the plane from Busan to Seoul then rode the bus from Seoul to here. She showed the bus driver the address  earlier and the bus stopped here The buss couldn't enter the path that lead to the beach, so it left her no choice but to walk.

She has been walking for more than thirty minutes and she was tired. She feared that she might not reach her destination before dark. She cringed at the thought for that would be really creepy. 

Sunye sighed and stopped walking to have some rest for a while. She found a rock and decided to take a sit there. She grabbed a biscuit and a bottle of juice from her bag. She felt like she's going to have hypoglycemia.

"Omo! What will I do? If only Junho was not busy with work these days then he would have drove me here!" she complained. She has a boyfriend named Junho. Their parents are really happy when they started dating for they have been setting them up ever since they were younger. They have been dating for a year and are taking things slow. She also missed the kids she teaches for they are so cute and adorable that it made her smile whenever she's around them.

She remembered the invitation from her late aunt Jihyun's butler saying that he was ordered by her late aunt before she died. She didn't know much about her relatives from her mother's side because most of them are in Seoul while her family is in Busan. She would only visit family gatherings seldomly. Her late aunt Jihyun would visit them from time to time and through those times that she spent with her, she suddenly topped her favorite aunts list..

Aunt Jihyun, she thought, was a beautiful woman with a pure heart. It really made her wonder why she never married and have kids. She was so sure that any men would be willing to marry her. Her death saddened Sunye for she just lost her favorite aunt.

Then her thoughts were interrupted when she saw a car going to the same direction she was heading to. She suddenly stood up and waved her hand as a signal for that car to stop and she succeeded. The car window opened, revealing two handsome men. One looked older, and the other one was obviously younger, but both are good looking. "May we help you miss?" The one who looked older asked.

"Well, you see, you're going to the same direction as my aunt's beach house so, I was thinking if maybe you could give me a ride."

The older guy's eyebrows furrowed. "Your aunt? Who is your aunt?"

"It's my late aunt Jihyun. So please, I promise I'll pay."

Both guys eyes widened then the older guy nodded. "Come in."

Sunye's eyes widened, filled with joy and gratitude. "Thank you very much!" said Sunye as she entered the car with her luggages.

"By the way I'm Min Sunye, nice meeting you," said Sunye.

The younger one grinned and shook her hand. "I'm Lee Jonghyun and this is my hyung, Lee donghae. Nice meeting you too. Don't you know that we have the same destination." Donghae just nodded.

Sunye's eyes widened with surprise.

Hara

Hara is sitting inside her limo, listening to her ipod while the driver drives her to her aunt Jihyun's beach house. She wasn't really interested to go because she knew that her aunt Jihyun, whom she thought as one of the greatest person in the world, would not there. She already thought and planned not to go there and just spend the whole summer, shopping with friends, and think of new designs for her fashion course when the class starts this year. It's just that her mother insisted that she go and even made her feel guilty for not fulfilling her late aunt's request so she agreed to go.

She sighed. "Are we not there yet? screeched Hara.

"Not yet but we're almost there," said the driver in a reassuring tone.

Hara just closed her eyes while listening to her ipod and hugging her pillow. All this travelling is making her tired and she hated it! She hates being tired but for the sake of the loving memory of her beloved aunt, she'll do it. She's the only aunt from her mother's side that she's quite fond of because the others are a bit y to her and even some of her cousins are always calling her a spoiled brat. She just ignores them for she doesn't need them anyway.

Her aunt Jihyun is the only one who is nice to her from her mother's side. She would visit Hara from time to time when her family still lived in US, Japan and Hongkong. Not only that, but they go shopping together and her aunt would buy her beautiful clothes. She can share anything to her aunt without feeling awkward and she treats her like a princess or her own daughter. That's why, when her aunt died, she somehow felt alone and saddened. She couldn't deny the fact that she missed her aunt so much.

She felt really emotional thinking about her aunt but she told herself not to cry. "Just wake me up when we get there," Hara ordered the driver.

"Yes, young mistress," said the driver.

With that, Hara closed her eyes to take a nap as the car was being driven by the chauffeur to reach the destination..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Done showing the ladies.

Next chapter will be the gentlemen.

So what do you think?

I know it's long.

Sorry for the grammar errors coz english is not my native tongue.

Please leave a comment and say what you think without being rude.

Thank you very much!