Chapter 8: The Disaster Pair

Welcome to the Beach House

Hara can't help but wonder how she will deal with the task today but somehow, she felt lucky that she was paired with Jonghyun who seems to know what he's doing as he fried the sausages and eggs. She had to admit that she doesn't know how to cook for she grew up with having maids to do housework such as cooking, for her.

Jonghyun concentrated on frying the eggs and sausages. Frying these are just simple and it's a good thing because he can just cook this without worry. What worries him is that how will he handle cooking for lunch. He knows how to fry eggs and sausages but that's only it. He doesn't know how to cook real dishes. He just sighed and looked at Hara, his partner, hoping that she knows how to cook to.

When their done with the eggs, the two served the breakfast on the table and called their housemates. After breakfast, the two cleared up the table and washed the dishes. Hara, though not used to washing the dishes doesn't have any problem doing it now. She thought that washing is easier for her than cooking. With cooking, she might just burn the whole kitchen.

Jonghyun, while washing the dishes, observed Hara through the corner of his eyes. By just observing her, he noticed how slow she is in doing housework particularly, washing the dishes. He just siged at the thought, she is a rich girl indeed. He had a bad feeling that cooking for lunch later will be a disaster. He can't help but mentally recite a prayer that someone will save them from disaster later.

 

Eunjung can't help but be conscious with her surroundings. She had been trying her best to avoid someone, a pretty model to be specific. She looked to her left and to her right and felt relieved that the person she hads been avoiding was nowhere to be found. She can finally be at peace right now and not have someone bugging her and trying to kiss her. Then she remembered the kiss they shared that night. She can still remember the feeling when their lips touched and she can't help but commend on jow a good kisser he was. Hyunjoong the pretty model, she thought, was indeed a good kisser. Her face flushed with those thoughts and try to shove them away. "Get off my mind ert!"

While Eunjung was trying to shove the thoughts of someone away from her mind, two people were looking at her. One of the pair can't help but be amused as he looked at her being tensed. "Looks like someone can't help but think of someone as well," he muttered teasingly. Dara just sighed at his remark.

"It's really none  of our business," she muttered. "I better go study."

Dara was about to completely walk out but Jaejoong held her wrist. "Jeez Dara! I thought we're in this together," said Jaejoong with puppy dog eyes.

Dara gaped at Jaejoong. "I don't like being nosy to other people so I'm out," said Dara crossing her arms. "Sorry! Wrong number!"

Jaejoong smirked mischievously which made Dara cringe. "Go ahead, but I guess I'll just tell Yoona what you just told me," he said looking serious. Dara's eyes widened with shock. Is Jaejoong blackmailing her just for her to succumb to what he wants.

"That's a foul play Kim Jaejoong!" said Dara, looking at Jaejoong with disgust.

Jaejoong just shrugged. "I guess I better find Jiyong and Yoona first then I will look for Hyunjoong," said Jaejoong as he started walking. Dara can't believe that Jaejoong just had her wrapped around his finger because of something that she unintentionally told him. Life is totally unfair, she thought and just sighed. "Fine! We're in this!" she groaned with frustration. "What do you want me to do?"

Jaejoong turned back to Dara and raised his eyebrow. "Promise?" he asked innocently. Dara raised her right hand as an oath. "Promise." Jaejoong smirked at Dara's oath. "You just made the right decision babe," he winked at Dara.

"So what are we going to do?' asked Dara. Jaejoong painted a dark grin on his face. "You distract my cousin while I do something important," he said.

Dara looked at Jae with a questioning look. "What are you going to do? And why is it me who should distract her? You're the one who's cousins with her, right?" These questions left Dara's mouth.

Jaejoong gave Dara a "do you know what you're talking about?" look. "We'll just end up killing each other if I approach her," answered Jaejoong.

"Alright! I'll go," said Dara then walked towards the obviously hiding Eunjung. When Dara approached Eunjung, Jaejoong grabbed his cellphone and sent a message to Hyunjoong.

Jaejoong: Where are you?"

Hyunjoong: I'm at the poolside, looking for something. Where are you buddy?

Jaejoong: I'm here at the third floor with Dara and Eunjung.

Hyunjoong: Okay...I'll be there.

The last message from Hyunjoong made Jaejoong smirk triumphantly. In his mind, he is thinking that he is doing his buddy a favor while he is also doing this to annoy his dear cousin.

"Hey, are you alright?" asked Dara which startled Eunjung. "Oh, it's you Sandara ssi," said Eunjung. "I-I'm fine."

Dara can tell that she really startled the poor girl and she looked tensed. Good to hear that but can we just drop the formalities since we're living in one roof," said Dara.

Eunjung smiled. "Yeah, I guess that's fine," she answered to Dara. "You may call me Eunjung."

Dara nodded. "You may call me Dara."

"So what are you doing there?" asked Dara. "You looked tensed?" Eunjung just laughed dryly. She thought that she can't just tell Dara that she's avoiding her stalking cousin and she can't leave a hint to anyone that something odd is going on with him and Hyunjoong. Unknown to Eunjung, Dara already had an idea of what's going on with her and his cousin. Dara knows that the woman in front of her is acting weirdly because of her cheeky and flirty cousin and she can't help but feel sorry for the girl.

"There you are!" Eunjung cringed upon hearing a familiar voice. She wanted to run but that would make Dara suspicious and letting someone suspect that something odd, even though it is not much of a big deal, happened between her and Hyunjoong. She turned to whom the voice belonged to and she was right, it was Hyunjoong, the man she had been avoiding and hiding from. She also saw her cousin Jaejoong but just ignored as her whole attention was on Hyunjoong.

Dara was even shocked to see Hyunjoong there. Then she looked at Jaejoong who just winked at her. The other pair did not notice the wink because they are focused on each other. Dara can see a victorious smirk on Hyunjoong's face but can see confusion and fear in Eunjung's eyes. Dara just mentally sighed and thought that Jaejoong is indeed a force to reckon with when it comes to tormenting people.

"What are you doing here Dara?" asked Jaejoong innocently which failed to fool Dara. The other pair turned their attention on Jaejoong. "What do you think?" Dara just answered. "Of course, I'm talking to Eunjung. What do you want anyway?" asked Dara, raising her eyebrows.

"Let's go to the poolside," said Jaejoong, grabbing Dara's wrist and pulling the petite lady with him, leaving Eunjung and Hyunjoong, much to Eunjung's dismay.

 

Yoona and Jiyong are on the poolside sitting on the side benches. Yoona is showing her album collection of her shots. "Wow, this pictures are really good!" exclaimed Jiyong. "You should really make an exhibit and gallery with your paintings and pictures taken." 

Yoona giggled. "I'll do that if you also release a book with your written songs," said Yoona with a challenging tone.

"What the? I can't believe your challenging me again," said Jiyong. "You really like challenging people or making deals with them."

Yoona's giggle became louder. "Not really, only if it concerns you!" teased Yoona. 

"You're also a good painter so what made you decide to be a photographer?" asked Jiyong with curiosity.

Yoona smiled. "I really wanted to be an artist at first but my interest in photography started when I had a summer job in a studio," answered Yoona. "Looking at her take pictures of the model and how amazing their shots are stirred up something in me. While she was on break, I took her camera and took a picture of the city view from the studio window. She arrived and caught me but did not get mad. She looked at the picture I captured and she praised me that she can tell that I will have a good future in photography."

"So that's what encouraged you to be a photographer?" asked Jiyong.

Yoona just nodded as an answer. "She became my mentor," said Yoona. "I took up and graduated fine arts at Korea National University of Arts but during summer, I would enroll on photography classes."

Jiyong's eyes widened when he heard where Yoona graduated. "Wow, I also graduated at KNUA," said Jiyong. "I took up composing as a major and instrumental music as a minor."

Yoona's lips formed into an 'O' shape. "Cool!, We graduated in the same university," said Yoona. "And by our age difference I can tell that we were able to catch each other's year but never saw each other. It's a large campus anyway." Jiyong nodded.

"So you can play instruments, huh?" asked Yoona. Jiyong nodded. "What instrument do you play?"

"I know how to play the piano and that's what I use when I compose my songs," answered Jiyong.

Yoona's face lightened. "Cool! I saw a grand piano in one of the rooms of this house," said Yoona. "One of these days I'm going to ask you to play in front of me and you cannot decline."

Jiyong just chuckled. "Yes! Your highness." asnwered Jiyong in a way a henchman answers his master. The two just laughed at each other with their laughter filling the whole area.

 

Unknown to Jiyong and Yoona, two pairs of eyes are watching them. A smirk formed on Jaejoong's face. "What are you thinking again? Spill it!" asked Dara.

Dara's question amused Jaejoong. "I'm impressed, you already knew me well even if we were only together for a few days," said Jaejoong teasingly. "I can't help but think that you are always watching me secretly." Dara glared which made Jaejoong just chuckled. "I'm just kidding babe."

"What are we doing here anyway?" asked Dara. Jaejoong take a look at Jiyong and Yoona one last time and pulled Dara with him inside the house. "We have a mission," said Jaejoong which made Dara look puzzled.

"A mission?" asked Dara.

Jaejoong nodded. "It's our mission to keep an eye on Eunjung and Hyunjoong to see how their relationship will progress because I have a feeling it will blossom in to something," said Jaejoong, looking serious. "And we also have to matchmake Jiyong and Yoona because I think they are perfect for each other."

Jaejoong's words shocked Dara. "I can't believe I'm hearing this from a guy like you when it's mostly girls who like to matchmake," said Dara. "You really are serious!?" Jaejoong just nodded. "And what makes you think they want to be matched?" asked Dara.

Jaejoong grinned at the question. "Well it's obvious and don't worry because we're doing them a favor," said Jaejoong. "We're adding color into their boring lives."

"And what makes you think I'll help you? It's going to be a waste of time," said Dara, crossing her arms on her chest.

Jaejoong leaned closer to Dara, his lips closer to her ear and whispered, "You know what I'm capable of doing if you will not help me." Dara gaped and was speechless at what he just heard. Jaejoong is indeed blackmailing her just for her to give in. Jaejoong just grinned at Dara's speechless state.

"I hate you!" screamed Dara.

Jaejoong just laughed. "If I we're you, you should not say you hate me because you know what they say," said Jaejoong teasingly. "The more you hate the more you love!" Jaejoong winked at Dara whick made her face flushed due to annoyance.

"Just you wait Kim Jaejoong! I'll definitely have my hands on you! Jerk!"

 

Hara and Jonghyun felt like they don't know what they are going to do. They already sliced the ingredients but not sure if they sliced it correctly. The kitchen was a mess. It looked like it had been ransacked or a tornado just passed by.

Hara groaned in frustration. "I thought you know how to cook!" she yelled. "You're the one who cooked this morning! So I was kinda expecting that you atleast know how to cook!"

"Will you keep your voice down!" answered Jonghyun. "I only fried the sausages and eggs which was simple. But I really don't know how to cook dishes."

"Urgh! What are we going to do?" asked Hara with frustration. "How come you don't know how to cook!?"

"It's always Donghae hyung who cooks our food," answered Jonghyun, starting to get annoyed with Hara's whining. "And I think I should ask the same for you."

"We have a lot of maids and we also have our personal chef so there's no need for me to cook," asnwered Hara with head up high.

"Oh yeah, you're a rich girl," mumbled Jonghyun.

"Maybe cooking isn't that hard," said Hara. "Let's just put the contents."

Jonghyun nodded. "I guess you're right," he said.

One by one, they put the ingredients on the pan. The we're just mixing. They even forgot to lessen the stove fire which burned the food. A few minutes later, the frying pan was on fire. The pair panicked on what to do. They decided to pour a pitcher of water on the pan which stopped the fire.

A few minutes later, they finished cooking and looked at the result. They were repelled at the food they cooked with. No other words can be used to describe their cooking. "It looks gross!" they said in unison and both sighed. "Let's just hope they will like this," said Jonghyun, trying to sound positive. "Which I think is impossible."

Hara gulped as she imagined herself eating the food they just finished cooking. "I think I lost my appetite by just looking at it."

Their housemates gulped as they looked at the food served in front of them. Hara and Jonghyun looked at the people aroung them and looked at each other. By the looks of it, they can tell that their housemates lost their appetite.

"Uhmm, I'm not really hungry and I also need to study," said Dara looking uncomfortable. "Er...have fun eating...I guess."

"Uhmm..me too...I have to go," said Yoona and she joined Dara who is on it's way out of the dining room. One by one, the other housemates mumbled, "Me too," leaving only Hara and Jonghyun.

Both sighed. "Looks like our cooking is a disaster," said Hara with disappointment. She can't help but feel embarassed. "Yeah," just ansewered Jongyun. "Let's just clean up our mess."

The two washed the dishes. They also cleaned up the kitchen for it was a total mess because of their disaster cooking. Due to what happened, both had ideas popped into their minds. Jonghyun thought of helping his hyung in the kitchen when they are back in their house. Hara made a mental note to enroll in cooking classes in the near future. Both are willing not to repeat the mistake they made in their first attempt to cook.

A few hours later, it was time for the two of them to cook. Hara, determined not to make the same mistake, thought of a wonderful idea. She went to Sunye hoping she will agree to help her. "Unnie, I have a favor to ask you if you don't mind," said Hara.

Sunye blinked twice at the young girl in front of her. "What is it?"

"Unnie please! I need your help," begged Hara like her life depended on it. "I really don't know how to cook and I can also say the same for Jonghyun. Both of us just don't know how to cook! Please unnie!"

Sunye giggled at the younger girl. "Sure," she answered. Hara stopped, beggining to register in her mind Sunye's answer. "Really?" Sunye nodded. "Yay! Hurray! Thank you so much unnie!" said Hara with delight and hugged Sunye.

Unknown to Hara, Jonghyun also asked help from his Donghae hyung. "Please hyung," begged Jonghyun like his life depended on it as well. "Yah! You should learn by yourself. That's what you get for not helping me with the kitchen back home.

"I know hyung but please help me cook tonight," asked Jonghyun with puppy dog eyes. Donghae just shook his head. Jonghyun continued to beg and beg but the response was still no. "But hyung, Hara and I don't know how to cook and you are my only hope!"

"Again, I won't help you," responded Donghae. Jonghyun decided to aegyo just to persuade Donghae. Donghae tried to ignore his brother's aegyo but he can't. Jonghyun's aegyo is making him cringe. It looked like nightmare to him. He just sighed. "Alright! I will help you!"

"Yay! I love you hyung! Thank you! Thank you!" said Jonghyun gleefully, hugging his brother and giving light kisses on Donghae's cheeks.

Donghae pushed his brother. "Stop it or else I won't help."

"Sorry hyung!" said Jonghyun with a grin. The Lee brothers went downstairs to go to the kitchen. When they reached the kitchen, they were surprised to see Sunye with Hara preparing the ingredients.

"I'm here to help Hara," said Sunye. "Let me guess, you're here to help your brother." Donghae nodded as a response. "Aww! How sweet of you to help your brother!" said Sunye sincerely. "You are indeed a good brother."

Donghae blushed at Sunye's praises. "Hyung, your blushing." Donghae came back to his senses and glared at his younger brother. The brother just kept his mouth shut. The four people helped each other in preparing the dinner. 

After preparing dinner, they called their housemates to eat. The reaction and the faces of their housemated was totally different from the reaction they had earlier. The dinner went smoothly and the Hara and Jonghyun we're relieved that the disaster earlier did not happen again. Both were thankful that their hyungs and unnies helped them. Both made a mental note to indeed learn how to cook so that they will not embarass themselves when it comes to kitchen matters...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yay! I can finally post this chapter!

So what do you think of this chapter? Please don't forget to comment...

Thanks you for supporting this story...It means a lot to me...

Have a nice day everyone!

Have fun reading this chapter...