04 A Caliginous Curse

Clandestine Love

Jungmin and Hyung Jun mess around with each other near the pitch black automobile parked near a run down apartment building. The driver's window slid down. "Would you fools stop messing around!" barked Kyu Jong at the two boys. "Ah, get off!" Hyung Jun could hardly let out while Jungmin held his head well in his arms bringing Hyung Jun's body to the floor like as if he choked him to death. Hyung Jun just laid on the floor pretending he was actually dead. Kyu Jong just looked down at him from the window and just rolled his eye at his ridiculous acting friends. Suddenly, Kyu Jong felt Hyun Joong's presence near. "He's coming," Kyu Jong simply stated as he opened the door making it hit Hyung Jun's head that was in the way. "Ah, Hell!" he hopped back up rubbing his head. "Then get your fat head out of the way." Jungmin smirked. Kyu Jong saw Hyun Joong walking cooly from behind them. "Hyun-...I mean Baek Mir. He wants to see you." Kyu Jong bowed. Hyun Joong looked at his friends and rubbed the bridge of his nose and sighed, "What does the old fool want now?" he asked. They all looked at him hesitantly. "We don't know," Jungmin started. "Yeah, he just ordered for you to come to the estate." Hyung Jun added. Hyun Joong got in the car without no hesitation. After seeing this the boys quickly get in the car also and head directly to the estate. In the car drive it was completely silent...dead silent. The boy's thought Kim Hyun Joong was pissed, because his father is the one who started this whole mess in the first place. He was the reason why they go through a lot. He was the reason Hyun Joong's mom died. Once they made it to the big double door gates that had the golden initials KSK for Kim Seung Kyung, his father. The guards saw who it was and immediately opened the gates to the 9,585 acre estate. The car stopped near the entrance where a butler opened the door for Hyun Joong. "Sir, your father is waiting in his bedroom." he informed with a bow. Hyun Joong walked in immediately and headed for the stairs. "Baek Mir," someone said after him. He looked at Youngsaeng coming from the kitchen with half eaten hamburger in his hand. His cheeks looked chunkier than before with that other half of the hamburger in his mouth. The boy finally swallowed, "Aka, he is not pissed at you. Just wants to tell ya something." He smiled and patted his belly contently. "Um, good hamburger." he commented and left for the kitchen again. Baek Mir just smiled to himself. He felt his friends will never change. He quickly jogged up the stairs. He looked at  the main door for a while in thought. He sighed, "So, what does the old man want from me this time?" he already thought he knew the answer. Probably, another kill? He opened the door and saw his father sitting in his big chair near the large window staring at the large full moon we have in the sky. "Is this another kill, or just wasting my time?" Hyun Joong crossed his arms. "No, sit down son." the old man gestured to the sofa near the unlit fireplace. He looked at Hyun Joong and at the fireplace. "Will you please?" asked the old man. Hyun Joong smirked and got to his knees in front of the fireplace and brought his hand a few inches close to the wood and a sudden warm vapor came from his hands and a bright sparkaling and very luminous fire bloomed like a rose on the wood. Hyun Joong got up and looked at his father with satisfaction. "Good," his father mused starring at the gorgeous lit fire. "My son," he began. "It's Baek Mir remember." Hyun Joong said in a very cold tone. Cold enough that the fire looked like it automatically wanted to die out. "Baek Mir," his father began again. "Remember the, pendant you were cursed with?" Baek Mir starred at his father with a very serious expression. "What about it?" Mir gritted his teeth. "It appears to be, missing." Mir stared at his father with disbelief. "How, Who!" His father looked outside again. "How? I don't know, but who..." he hesitated on the words. "Father, tell me who?" Baek Mir came closer with his left eye shining a bit of crimson. "A woman, who has been wanting to ruin me for years." he explained. "She is nothing, but an obsessed nobody." He looked up at his son. "Mir, I already have men after her. You don't need to worry." Baek Mir smiled sinisterly. "Don't you get anything, if someone ever puts on that god damn pendant. I am their slave until death!" His father felt as if venom came out from his son's words. Baek Mir headed for the door. "Don't even do anything, tell your men to stop this foolish pursuit. I'll find the pendant before I become a slave to a human." with those words he left. He walked down stairs feeling hopeless. Damn this caliginous curse this foolish demon has to dealt with. He thought to himself.