Injured Hand

A Kiss To Remember

Chapter 8: Injured Hand

 

{ Leo’s POV }

 

“Taekwoon,” Junhee sat in front of the room which I believed it was Jen’s, she bowed to Ken and Hakyeon, greeted them politely. I peeked through the window, “Is she okay?”

Junhee nodded.

“What happened, actually?” Hakyeon asked, a second before I let that question out from my mouth.

“We were watching TV. I changed to the channel where we could catch your performance, but then she said everything was hurt her. I didn’t know which part she was referring to, but she was crying and she burnt up,” Junhee explained.

“How could it be,” Ken whimpered.

“It was when you performed I Don’t Want to be an Idol,” added Junhee. I looked Ken, he remained silent. Hakyeon patted my back, reassuring me to calm down.

A doctor came out from Jen’s room, “Are you Miss Jaein’s relative or family?” he talked to Junhee and she nodded.

“She tried to remember too much. Thankfully it didn’t give any impact to her brain. I bet it was something really important, that’s why she kept holding on the pain she felt and forced herself to remember,” said the doctor.

I gasped.

“I don’t think it will be any better if you let her remember it by herself. You need to help her, but please don’t force too much,” added the doctor.

Junhee answered politely, “Yes, thank you very much.”

“She can go home tomorrow. Excuse me,” the doctor walked away and we bowed to him. Junhee pulled the door and we came in.

Just as soon as we were standing next to her bed, I bit my lower lip, holding her right hand waited for her to get her consciousness back.

Slowly, Jen completely opened her eyes.

I lost my breath. She got up and hugged Ken who was standing beside me. Ken stayed still, he looked at me. Junhee and Hakyeon were like stones, remained quiet and shocked.

Jen hugged Ken.

She was crying while hugged Ken tightly, “I’ve been missed you so much. Where were you? Why did you leave me?”

I clenched my fist. It was a painful view to see—I walked out of the room. I tried to hold back my tears. I was barely breathing. I lost all the strength I had; she hugged Ken. Everything seemed so blurry and I couldn’t even stand right on my own knees.

BRAKK!

I let my tight fist crashing the mirror of toilet I was in. I didn’t even care if my hand injured, it was bleeding like no end. I couldn’t feel anything more painful than what my heart felt.

She hugged Ken.

“Leo! What did you do? Don’t be stupid!” Hakyeon came in and looked at my bleeding hand. He saw me crying.

Hakyeon pulled out the tissue on the toilet wall. He helped me to clean up the blood, he washed my hand.

I felt nothing. It didn’t hurt—at all.

Numb.

“Leo, get your mind together!” Hakyeon shouted. “Leo! Do you hear me?!”

I’ve missed you so much. Where were you? Why did you leave me?

Her voice echoed in my ears. I couldn’t hear anything but her voice. Her lovely and soothing voice I’ve been longing for.

PLAK!

“Leo!” Hakyeon slapped me. “Let’s go home.” He dragged me out the toilet. I wiped out my tears and tried to get myself back.

Hakyeon and I entered Jen’s room. Junhee saw me, she directly looked at my injured hand, “Oh my Lord, Taekwoon are you okay? What did you do, huh? Don’t be stupid!”

“Shut up,” I said.

Jen took a glance to me, “Are you okay, Leo? I think you need doctor’s help.”

I shook my head, “No need.”

“Leo hyung,” Ken called me. I ignored him and nudged Hakyeon, “It’s already morning. Managers will scold us if we don’t back to dorm right now.”

“I know you hate me but can you just let me and Ken stay a little longer? I just remembered what I’ve been forgotten for a year and you are going to take him from me? No way,” said Jen—disagree with my idea.

“Jen,” called Junhee.

“What?” Jen turned her head.

Junhee bit her lip, “It wasn’t Ken that you’ve forgotten.”

“I know it’s Ken, Junhee. I know since you purposely asked me to go to their fan sign event. Don’t you remember that I picked Ken as my favorite member? It was a fate! It was because he’s my boyfriend after all!” Jen said while smiling brightly.

Somehow, her words felt like a sword inserted in my chest—too painful to bear.

“Jen, it’s not Ken,” said Junhee again.

“You wanted me to remember him, right? That’s why you asked me out for dinner with them! I remember him just listen to his voice, my favorite! Am I right?” Jen asked. Her eyes were sparkling; I saw lot of stars there.

“No, Jen. Your boyfriend—”

“I’m going home.” I cut Junhee’s sentence, and walked out the room. It was the hardest night for me.

It should be me she hugged, not Ken.

It should be mine, the voice she loved, not Ken’s.

It should be me, her boyfriend. Not Ken.

 

 

 

 


i decided to put whose pov is whose so readers who don't know vixx well wont get confused. keke.

a short update! subs and commenst are loved <3