Someone Else's Lover

A Kiss To Remember

Chapter 9: Someone Else’s Lover

 

 

{ Jen’s POV }

 

 

Ken left. I was crying when he didn’t say anything about us. I didn’t know why he acted like that. It was him, after all—my boyfriend. His hand felt so warm, but he wasn’t smiled as wide as I first saw him at fan sign event.

“It wasn’t Ken,” said Junhee, she just got back from toilet as she knew what has been on my mind. She pulled out a chair. “I don’t know what makes you so sure about Ken. He’s no one and you just met him at the fan sign, your hurt people’s hearts, Jen.”

“I heard the laughs. I saw the crying eyes. I felt the warm hands and hugs. I saw him in my dream just before I opened my eyes, Junhee,” I tried to explain it.

Junhee sighed, “Are you sure it was really Ken? Not someone else?”

“Junhee…”

“Apartment where we’ve been living for a year is not apartment we rented together. It’s mine. All the things inside are mine. Clothes you wear, shoes, bags, they’re mine,” Junhee mouthed a long sentences which made me widening my eyes.

“I’m sorry for not telling you the truth at the first place. It was because you wanted to remember everything on your own. I thought you will remember it sooner, but you’re getting further from my expectation and I can’t see you like this,” said Junhee.

“Like what?”

Junhee pulled back some of her hair to the back of her ears, “You are not as happy as you were back then, Jen.”

“I’m happy, Junhee.”

“You were the happiest person before you lost your memory, Jen.”

 

 

//

 

 

{ Ken’s POV }

 

 

Leo hasn’t talk to me since we got back to dorm. He was upset, in state of disappointed, insecure, and broken. Hakyeon said I better stay away from Leo for today unless I wanted a fight with him. The six of us had never experienced into fight with Leo before, but I thought it would be the worst. He was the quietest person after all.

“How is she?” asked Ravi, approached Leo.

“She’s fine.”

“Thanks God. Ah, has she already remembered you hyung?” asked Hongbin suddenly appeared with a cup of banana milk. Leo shook his head, “She has mistaken someone else as me.”

“Ha?” both Ravi and Hongbin got their mouths opened.

I tried to explain, “I’m sorry hyung. I’m not intended to get her hug, and I hope you understand that it was only misunderstanding between us. Besides, you can’t mad at me because it wasn’t my will.”

“Shut your mouth, Ken,” he hissed, grinned and I saw his death glares as he always give to stranger.

Ravi and Hongbin seemed understand the situation. Hongbin got Leo’s arm and dragged him out of dorm, “Hyung, please calm down. Let’s take a walk with me.”

Ravi looked at me, “She mistook you as her boyfriend and hugged you? In front of Leo hyung?” I nodded, “Do you think it I was under my control?”

“No, I mean, ugh these things are getting worse. Where is Hakyeon hyung?” Ravi’s eyes swiped around.

“He has his schedules with Hyuk.” I answered.

Ravi sighed, “Should we talk about this with managers? I don’t think we can solve this by ourselves.”

“Don’t. I swear Leo would prefer his girl over VIXX and leave us if this matter is going to be an issue on Jellyfish,” I whispered. Ravi grinned, “Why? I thought being a singer is Leo hyung’s big dream?”

“Yes. But his girlfriend is more than just a big dream for him.”

Ravi didn’t feed my words back. I leaned my back as I took a deep breath, “Ravi,”

“Hm?”

“Is it wrong to fall for someone else’s lover?” I asked with a very low voice. Ravi jumped off his shocked and disbelieved, “Hyung don’t tell me you…”

“Just kidding. Why so serious?” I laughed. Ravi chuckled, “Hyung you got the bad timing for a joke, you know!”

 

 

//

 

 

{ Leo’s POV }

 

 

Hongbin threw me a can of soda; we were sitting in a bench, next to Han Rivers, which easily reminded me to the times I spent together with Jen here. Hongbin opened his soda, “So hyung, tell me.”

“What?”

“Your girl. How’s her personality?”

“Bright, like a star. The brightest one,” I answered.

Hongbin stared at me. I gave him a look, “Why?”

“Nope. Go on.”

“I don’t think I could describe her in words. She’s more than all the beautiful words you can tell. I love her. That’s the point. Have you ever fallen in love, Bin?” I asked.

Hongbin shrugged, “I’m not sure fall in love in my dictionary has the same meaning as yours.”

“I see. I fell in love with her when I was on your age now,” I added.

Hongbin gulped his soda, “It must be so hard for you, knowing her mistook Ken hyung as her boyfriend. I understand how you feel to him even it wasn’t his fault.”

“It was more like hating on myself than being mad to Ken. But I don’t know how to let this anger go, and Ken stands in the wrong place. I feel so ty,” I told him.

Hongbin nodded, “Just tell me if you need me, I’d like to help. If you want to punch someone, just call me, it’s okay to punch me as the subtitute."

I laughed, “What’s wrong with you? I’m not going to punch you even if I want it so bad.”

“Why?” he asked.

“You’ve got a super handsome face. No, I’m not going to ruin it,” I chuckled, he laughed a lot. It was kind of refreshing and relief, I had Hongbin here.

Hongbin smiled, “It’s great to see you smiling, hyung. I always wonder how handsome you were when you smiled all the time around your girlfriend.”

I smiled and patted his head, “Thanks, Bin. Now let’s go home.”