Before She Go

A Kiss To Remember

Chapter 6: Before She Go

 

{ Hakyeon's POV }

 

“Leo hyung, can you be more focus? We are having rehearsal for tonight joint concert, and we all know that it is a big chance for us to get more spotlight. So please, bear with it a little longer,” said Ken.

Actually it wasn’t only Ken who wanted to talk to Leo about the mistakes he made. Leo scratched his neck, “Excuse me.” He walked out the room and Ken was about to chase him but I said don’t.

“Let him go, Ken,” I said.

“He’s just too tired,” Hongbin added. Ravi leaned his back to the wall and sighed, “It must be so hard for Leo hyung these days. He lost his appetite. I’m afraid he will get sick.”

Hyuk nodded, “Should we end our rehearsal and take an hour break, hyung?” he asked me.

“What? No!” Ken grinned.

I looked at him, “I know what you’re trying to say, Ken. But can you calm yourself down a bit? You know it’s not easy for Leo.”

“He’s being too far, Hakyeon hyung. He’s not professional. This is our career together and I can’t let him destroy it because of that girl. Our dream and VIXX is not a game!” Ken shrugged.

I heard a door opened, footsteps came closer so I took a look. Leo stood there, whimpering, “I’m sorry Ken, but Jen is not that girl.”

Leo grabbed his stuffs and he walked out from the room. Ken kicked his bag and screamed, “What’s with that guy?! Dammit.”

Hongbin stood up, “Should I chase Leo hyung?”

I shook my head, “Don’t, Bin. He needs his own time, let him be. I will talk to him an hour later. So can we continue our rehearsal? Ken, shall we?”

“You let him take a break meanwhile we are doing rehearsal? Why are you being unfair, hyung?” Ken grinned, he clenched his fist. I took a long sigh, “Okay. Let’s take a break.”

Ravi looked at me puzzled, so was Hyuk. I gave them a smile to reassure them that everything would be okay. Ken took a bottle of water from his bag and gulped it all; he didn’t even bother himself to offer it to the other members.

I know I was being unfair. I usually got mad to any member if they made a mistake and ruin the rehearsal but today I didn’t even have the courage to talk to Leo. It wasn’t because I was afraid to Leo, it was more likely because I knew how hard this matter for him.

 

“Hakyeon-ah, have you ever loved someone you can’t even breathe?” Leo asked me that day—about three days after our debut day. I looked at him with disbelieving look, “Have you?”

He didn’t answer me, so I took it as a yes.

Someone like Jung Taekwoon talked about his personal life. About his love life, to be exact. So I pulled out a chair, sat next to him. He was looking up to the sky. There was no star at all—it was cloudy and gloomy.

“The brightest star is gone,” he whispered.

“W-what?”

He shook his head, “Hakyeon-ah, is it okay to tell you this?”

“What is it about?” I asked.

“Someone I love the most.”

I was about jump off shocked, if it was Ken or Hongbin or even Hyuk I wouldn’t be that shocked. It was Jung Taekwoon. I added, “Who’s that lucky person?”

Leo took his wallet, and showed me a photo. A girl with black and long straight hair was smiling next to Leo, both of them wore the same hoodie and Leo was holding a glass of latte with his left hand while the right hand wrapped the girl into his arms.

I gasped. She wasn’t as pretty as I thought. But she got a lovable vibe, and her smile was so charming—even it was only in photo. She was beautiful.

“She’s gone.”

“What do you mean by gone?” I asked with curiosity. Leo put his wallet back to his jeans pocket. He looked up the sky again, “It’s been like forever since the last day we meet.”

“Did you guys break up?” I lowered my voice.

Leo shook his head, corrected my sentences, “No, we haven’t. We won’t.”

I didn’t understand what the point Leo was trying to say. The girl is gone, but they haven’t broken up, so what’s the matter, I thought. Leo took a deep breathe, “Hakyeon-ah, promise me if someday you meet her, please tell her that I miss her so much.”

I ran out words, so I nodded. It was the first time I saw Leo looked like a broken glass—weak, ripped, almost into pieces. I patted his shoulder, “It is fine, Leo. We are going to find her, sooner or later.”

 

Because I knew how much Leo longed for his girl, because I knew she was everything for him—even before Leo joined VIXX—and because I didn’t want to see Leo in state of broken anymore, maybe that’s why I let him take his time.

I wish Ken could understand, but he didn’t.

 

//

 


{ Junhee's POV }

 

This was like the five times I stared to the apartment next to the florist. I couldn’t take it anymore so I encouraged myself to walked in. I stepped in the third floor where the apartment number 11 was.

What a childish couple.

They even put the name tags on the door like a newlyweds, I chuckled a bit. I pressed the password and entered. Nothing changed; the interior, the properties, and the smells.

I held my breath when I walked in to the kitchen. This apartment has been abandoned since Taekwoon auditioned for Jellyfish—and after Jen’s car accident. But why there was no dust at all? Why was the room smelled like it just got sprayed by room fragrance? It was lavender—Jen’s favorite perfume.

Taekwoon visited this apartment, I knew he did. There were fresh flowers in the vas in living room, next to the TV buffet.

I lied to Jen. I didn’t home, nor visited my parents. I only wanted to give her a space. I thought Jen would remember Taekwoon by heard him sung Noel’s I Miss You. It was her favorite song because Taekwoon always sings that song when we went to karaoke.

I thought Jen would remember Taekwoon if we came to that classy restaurant, the place Taekwoon took her for their first date. But I was wrong. Jen still couldn’t remember him—at all.

I took my phone and activated it.

30 missed calls, 10 unread messages, those were from Jen.

I pressed some numbers and waited for the tone.

“Heum?” said the receiver.

I sighed, “What’s with the unhappy voice? Are you okay, Taekwoon?”

“Do you think I’m okay?” he asked back. I grinned, “Ugh sorry. Do you have time tonight? I want to meet you.”

“I have a schedule. What’s wrong?”

“You come to your apartment regularly, don’t you?”

“I’m at your apartment, so don’t ever try to tell a lie. No flower can be fresh for a year long,” I added. He didn’t give me any feedback so I asked him another question, “What schedule, by the way?”

“A joint concert. You can catch it on TV at six,” he answered; I didn’t hear any excitement on his voice as much as he decided to chase his dream to be a singer years ago.

“Taekwoon-ah,

“Yeah?”

“Do you still love Jen?”

 

 

 

 


Special two updates in a row! kekeke i am already back from my field trip observation to Bali (:

I captured the sunsets both at Jimbaran and Tanah Lot. I swear Bali is a must visit island for holiday!

I strongely recommended it for you guys! kekeke :p

as usual, comments and subs are loved! <3