Unwanted Farewell

A Kiss To Remember

Chapter 18: Unwanted Farewell

 

 

{ Leo’s POV }

 

I went to Busan yesterday, but I couldn’t find Jen anywhere. Her parents said she hasn’t back home last three years, because Jen said that she was so busy with college life and had no time to spent her holiday in her howetown.

“You guys still together?” asked Jaehoon, Jen’s younger brother.

I nodded, “Yes.”

“How do you manage yourself to date my sister meanwhile you’re busy with your schedules?” he asked again, we were talking in their veranda. Jen’s mum asked me to stay longer for a cup of tea.

I bit my lip, “The truth is, your sister got into—” I almost said about the accident and amnesia thing but as soon as that, I remembered that Junhee ever said that Jen’s family knew nothing about it, so I shut my mouth.

“The truth is, you are just going to hurt my sister,” added Jaehoon.

I gasped.

He sighed, “Dating an idol isn’t an easy thing. I don’t want to tell you this because Jen noona didn’t allow me to, but I really want you to know, hyung. How hard is it for my sister.”

I furrowed my eyebrows.

“After you went to audition and accepted, there were lot of people came to our house, they threw trashes, and they shouted and cursed my sister. Fortunately noona is a strong-hearted girl; she only smiled and kept those things from you because she didn’t want you to worry. Deep inside her heart, I knew she’s broken. She cried a lot in the midnight,” Jaehoon mouthed up.

I bowed my head down and didn’t know what to say. Was it really hard for her? Instead of telling me truth about those kinds of hates, she kept pushing me to chase my dreams, to be a singer, to be on stage, to be someone she would be proud of.

“Don’t worry, it’s already over now. That’s why I thought you guys already broke up,” he looked at me, smiled—or smirked, it was hard to differentiate.

“Maybe we should?” I asked him.

Jaehoon jumped off shock, “What do you mean?”

“In order to keep her safe, maybe we should break up for real. Although, I don’t think I can do that,” I whispered.

Jaehoon shook his head, “Jen noona loves you so much, and that is what I know the best. Maybe break up is the only way out to stop her pain, but don’t you think that also would be a way to stop her happiness?”

“Jaehoon, I—”

“You hold someone’s happiness on your hands; be wise.”

 

//

 

{ Jen’s POV }

 

“What? You asked me to retell you what really happened on that prom? It was years ago, I can’t remember it,” Yoojin refused to answer my question.

I arranged a meet with her today, in a café near to our high school—not too far from her office so she could make it on time for me. She was pretty, with large eyes and pink cheeks. She also got a nice wavy hair, short yet made her looked so fresh and younger.

I wondered why Taekwoon didn’t get tempted by her. He should have been attracted to her; she was pretty.

“What’s wrong with my face?” she caught me staring at her.

“Say it, did Taekwoon once—at least, came over you to have a small chat or something like that?”

She chuckled, “Once. In lunch break, before prom night.”

Just like what I guessed. It would be normal if Taekwoon got attracted to her, yeah—every boy would do, anyway. She was pretty, got a nice body, and friendly. If I were a boy, maybe I would do it too.

“He asked me to stop liking him,” she added.

I gasped, “Hah?”

“He said, ‘Park Yoojin sunbae, I really appreciate the fact that you like me, but would you stop it? I don’t want to make my Jaein jealous.’ And then I asked him what made him sure that I could stop liking him, he answered, ‘Because no matter how hard you try to win over my heart, you will fail, it’s already on Jaein’s hand, and I only need her.’ You know what? I cried a lot that day because of his words,” said Yoojin.

Was it real? All the words Taekwoon said to her.

Yoojin took another sip of her drink, “Weird. I had never fallen in love with someone like Taekwoon before, and once I had it, he broke my heart.”

“Sorry.”

“Why are you being sorry?” asked Yoojin. “I was really sad and mad. So I planned to kiss him at prom night, I purposely bumped into him, and forced him to kiss me. I wanted to kiss him so badly, I wanted to hug him crazily, but in the end, I only could make you guys broke up. Taekwoon hates me, since that day. Until today, I think.”

“We didn’t break up,” I cut her.

Her eyes widened out, “You didn’t?”

“It’s true that we had a terrible fight and broke up that night. But we made up, a day after,” I explained.

Yoojin nodded her head, “I see. As expected.”

“I’d like to say thanks to you, Yoojin sunbae,” I said.

“For?”

“For all the troubles you gave me, the quarrels, the fights, and all of them. You showed me how to treasure what we love the most,” I added. Yoojin giggled, “Dammit. You still with Taekwoon? You guys are amazing.”

I shrugged, “I don’t know. He’s an idol, now. It’s not as easy as it seems.”

“Jen,” she called me.

“—Ya?”

“He chose you among thousands girls. He defended you even when he had the chance to turn. If it was another boy, I’m sure he wouldn’t reject me, but he is Jung Taekwoon, after all. You were the love of his life. You still are, Jen,” Yoojin looked at me, right on my eyes.

My heart was pounding.

“If you think that this way is too hard to for you to get through, remember those times—times when you were so in love with him, when everything seemed easy, as easy as you made him smile,” Yoojin grabbed my hands, holding it.

I sobbed, glued. She was smiling and patted my hands, “If you can’t find those feelings again, I’m sure that you deserve the best. With or without Taekwoon.”

“Yoojin sunbae,

“Hm?”

“Thanks.”

 

//

 

{ Junhee’s POV }

 

I couldn’t contact Jen. Her phone turned off. I wondered where she was. Also, Taekwoon disappeared. Those stupid childish people, I thought everything would be okay after I put them in their apartment just like they used to be. Stupid Jen, why did she kiss Ken—more terrible she did it in front of Taekwoon. Stupid Taekwoon, beat up Ken wouldn’t make anything better. Jen would hate her for that.

And now we lost sight of them. Hakyeon told me that everything turned worse, managers could smell the lies he said about Taekwoon—moreover, they would have some schedules for days after today. If we couldn’t find Taekwoon, then it’s over for VIXX.

“You really need to help us, Junhee,” begged Hakyeon, “I’m not saying that you’re the one who started this and you’re the one who should responsible about things that happened, but please, VIXX needs Leo back.”

I gasped, that was true. I started these all and I should be responsible, “I’m sorry, Hakyeon. I’ll try my best. You guys maybe should do something to find Taekwoon. Have you called his parents?”

“No one heard about him, I asked his sisters to help us too,” said Hakyeon.

I sighed, “Hakyeon, I’m so sorry.”

“There is no use to be sorry right now, we need to find him asap,” he added.

My phone rang, I took it as quickly as I could and my eyebrows furrowed after I saw the name of the caller. Jaehoon. Jen’s brother called me? what was going on?

“Hello, Jaehoon-ah.

Noona, he came here.”

“He? Who is he? Speak clearly, Jaehoon. Noona can’t understand you,” I said.

“Jung Taekwoon. He came. I told him everything. About the haters, about the burdens Jen noona had because of him,” he turned telling me what he meant about.

I touted, “You know you shouldn’t do that, right? So why did you do that? Jen noona will madly angry to you if she found out.”

“I’m sorry, noona.

“Right, forget it, I won’t tell it to Jen. Now, give your phone to Taekwoon. I need to talk to him, Jaehoon,” I said. Jaehoon sighed, “He’s not here. He’s back to Seoul. What happened with my sister truthfully? He doesn’t look fine,”

“Long story for you to understand,” I cut him off.

“Why? I need to know the truth about my sister!” Jaehoon insisted, but I said, “I’ll tell you the whole story. I need to find Taekwoon first, okay? Please keep it from your parents. Do not let them worry. Thanks Jaehoon, I’ll call you later. Noona trust you.”

Click.

I grabbed my jacket and stepped out from apartment. But then, there was a sudden downpour. Thunder rumbled in the sky, I could see the flashes breaking the silence; the wind blew so freaking hard. I had to hold on the door handle knop so I could stay stand still. This was terrible weather.

.

Impossible for me to go out, how I supposed to find Taekwoon?

 

//

 

{ Jen’s POV }

 

Sudden downpour, no one predicted it. Neither did I.

I didn’t bring umbrella, or coat. Thanks God, I was on the bus when the rain got heavier. The bus stop near my apartment was getting closer so I could probably just run from the bus stop to the apartment; maybe I would just get a little bit soaked. I could wait for the rain to stop before I back to Busan.

I ran as fast as possible, I put my bag on my head so the heavy raindrops wouldn’t fall into my head directly unless I wanted to get dizzy and catch a cold. It was the last step I entered the gate of the apartment when I saw someone was standing—held hands on his chest, shivering. His legs were trembling and his lips went pale. How long did he stand there?

Dammit.

“Taekwoon?”

He turned his head. His lips curved a smile.

BRUK.

“Hei, Jung Taekwoon! Wake up! Hei!” I screamed as he fell down, barely fainted.

 

 

 

 


how was the story go? is it lame? ouo

please leave your comments! <3

thanks for the sub and votes aw love you so much!  XDXDXD