Something Good

A Kiss To Remember

Chapter 3: Something Good

 

{ Jen's POV }

 

“Do you remember something good?” asked Junhee.

I raised my eyebrows—confused, “What’s good? Oh, you mean yesterday? Yes, I remember. Their group’s name is VIXX, right? They have six members and the leader is the white—”

“I’m not talking about that,” cut Junhee.

“Oh, I thought you were asking about it,” I said. Junhee took a sip of her banana milk, “Even after two of them sang Noel’s I Miss You song, and you can’t remember anything?”

I tried to remember, but I got a headache all of sudden; it was like getting a hit with a hammer. Hurt. I grabbed my head, groaned.

“Jen, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to force you to remember,”

“No need to say sorry, Junhee. It’s my fault I couldn’t remember things,” I took a deep breath. She looked at me, worrying.

I patted her shoulder, “If it’s worth to remember, I’m sure I will remember it sooner or later, don’t worry.”

“But, Jen, it’s already a year.”

“I’m sorry, Junhee. Maybe I need just a little more time,” I stood up; the lunch break was going to end in five minutes.

I had a different class with Junhee so I’d leave first. Actually I wasn’t heading to my class, but at library. It was the only place I could feel my personal time—without any distraction.

I put my earphone, Junhee was right. The song was on my playlist and I just realized that every time I listen to it, I got an uneasy feeling. Noel’s I Miss You must be a very important song for me. Or at least, it was a song that could remind me to something—or someone.

 

We’re not meant to be

I know that better than anyone else

But why is it that I keep crying

I miss you, I miss you

Because I long for you

Because I don’t want to forget you

Because I can’t forget you

 

Those uneasy feelings came again, it was harder than before. I tried my best to remember, what happened to me that night? I really couldn’t help myself but to cry all over again.

It was like I got a big hole in my heart—gone, but I wasn’t sure what was I really want to remember. Was it really something good? Or would it be the opposite? Was it really worth to remember? Or would it be things I really wanted to forget?

I grabbed my head, it didn’t work. I couldn’t remember.

And my heart hurt a lot.

 

//

 

{ Leo's POV }

 

She didn’t come to my first showcase with VIXX—I’ve been waiting for her till the last minute of the event but she couldn’t make it. I couldn’t call her mobile phone, seemed that she changed her number. She didn’t come to any VIXX’s event. I couldn’t do anything to find her; I had my schedules, got lot of things to do. I visited the apartment we used to share together, but she wasn’t there.

Finally, after a year, she came to our fan sign event. But why did she act so strange? She didn’t event greet me or saying something. Why did she bring Ken’s placard, not mine? She smiled to Hakyeon, to Ken, to other members but not me?

She hated me—she left me.

“Leo hyung, your phone is ringing. Are you going to pick it or not?” Hongbin voice woke me up from my own thoughts. I nodded and swiping the screen, “Hello?”

“Someone is waiting for you. She said that she is your cousin, her name is Junhee. You better go to Jellyfish headquarter right now,” said the caller—it was one of VIXX’s manager. I hung up and opened the door.

“Leo hyung where are you going?” asked Hyuk.

“Office.”

“You better bring us some snacks on your way back home, okay?” Ken shouted from the bedroom just after I closed the door.

Junhee is waiting for me. It must be the explanation about yesterday. So when I opened the door and saw Junhee sat there playing with her iPad, I welcomed her brightly, “Hi Junhee.”

“Oh, Taekwoon! Finally!” she almost hugged me if only I didn’t take a step backward.

“Thanks for came yesterday.”

“I have plenty words for you, Taekwoon,” Junhee looked at me. She seemed serious, and it was a rare facial expression of her—as long as I knew her as my taekwondo colleague. “It’s about Jen.”

“Great. I just want to ask you some questions. She’s been acted so strange yesterday,” I said. Junhee shook her head, “It’s because she can’t remember you.”

“What?”

It was like a thunder and lights crashing right in front of me and there were a sound on my mind saying; there was no longer me in her mind or maybe in her heart as well?