Brightest Star

A Kiss To Remember

Chapter 2: Brightest Star

 

Those pair two black rounded eyes looked up to the sky. Under the moonlight, both of them were sitting in a bench across the Han River. The girl put her head on the boy’s chest, murmured, “Do you know which one is the brightest star?”

“Do you know that sun is a star?” asked the boy.

“No.”

“Yes, it is.”

“You’re so good at astronomy.”

“Then stop being sleepyhead in the class, little girl,” the boy chuckled and pecked the right cheek of the girl.

“So sun is the brightest star?” asked the girl again. The boy shook his head, “No. It’s you.”

“Ugh stop being cheesy,” the girl took a slight glance to the boy who was smiling at her, “Because I will catch all the shooting stars for you, so you can shine even brighter than the brightest one.”

 

//

 

{ Jen's POV }

 

I looked around. For God knows there were lot of girls. I mean, really a lot. They brought their own placards with names on it, just like what Junhee just gave me a minute ago. That girl made me holding a placard with ‘KEN PLEASE HUG ME’ written on it. If only she’s not my best friend, I would like to kick her for making me did this.

“Look! Look!” Junhee pointed at a boy next to the red haired one, “It’s Ken. The one you picked!”

I grinned, “Do I really have to do this, Junhee. I’m sure he won’t recognize me and this stupid placard. There are lot of girls here, and plus, I don’t want him to hug me.”

“Jen, let’s go to the line, it’s our turn!” Junhee grabbed my right arm and I followed her.

Dear God, this was tiring and I didn’t get why those girls were happily doing this. I walked right behind Junhee, and finally it was our turn to get the autographs.

First person is the white haired guy. At first, he seemed shocked when Junhee and I walked into their table but he smiled at me as soon as I put the album right on his table.

“Hello.”

“Hi.”

“What’s your name?” asked him.

“Ahn Jaein.” As I answered him, he wrote my name after he gave his autograph. “Thank you. Please give a lot of love to our albums.”

I nodded and kept walking to the next table. It was the red haired guy. He stared at me, not even say any greet and I smiled awkwardly, while saying to myself, God damn. What’s wrong with this red haired guy.

“It’s for Jen, right?” he guessed.

“Jaein,” I corrected him.

He looked at me, “It’s been a while.”

I narrowed my eyebrows, “Huh? It’s my first time and it all because my best friend asked me to accompany her. Sorry for disappointed you.”

“But you bring Ken’s placard,” he added.

“Yeah.”

“Please move quickly, please,” the manager asked, and I moved to the next table. It was Ken—I supposed. I put the album in front of him, and he smiled at me, a wide one.

“Oh! Hello.”

“Hi.”

“You’ve got a nicest placard,” said him. I did nothing but to smirk and smiled, “Thanks.”

“Here you are,” he gave the album back. I bowed a little and moved.

The orange haired guy chuckled, “Do you really want to get a hug from Jaehwan hyung?” I smiled, took a slight look to Ken who was busy giving fanservice to the fan behind me and answered, “It was my friend’s placard, to be honest.”

“So you are not our fan?” asked the purple haired guy. I shook my head, “I’m sorry.”

A dimpled smile guy pouted, “But you should listen to our song first before you decide whether you are a fan or not.”

I grinned, “Uhm, maybe I’ll listen to your song tonight.”

“Yay. Thanks Noona!” said the purple one. He called me noona probably because he saw there was no ‘Oppa’ in the placard so he calculated me as the same age with Ken.

 

//

 

{ Hakyeon's POV }

 

I was still amazed to know she came to our fan sign. Almost a year after we debuted, this was the first time she came. I took a look at Taekwoon, he sipped his latte with black earphones on both of his ears. I wonder what’s on his mind at the moment.

Meanwhile Ken leaned his back in sofa, hugging his chopper doll. Both of them were being quiet after the fan sign event ended. Even Ken, so I decided to approach one of them.

“Are you okay?”

“Oh, Hakyeon-ah.