Soccer Field

A Kiss To Remember

Chapter 11: Soccer Field

 

 

“You need to stop smiling when you play football.”

The boy chuckled, wiping his sweat with the towel, “Why? I thought you like to see me smiling.”

“Kick the ball, not smile while running, stupid,” added the girl, she folded her arms in the chest. The boy gulped the water, “It was because I’m happy with my result. The coach said my progress is good.”

“Ha-ha-ha funny, or you are happy because you know there are lot of girls watching today’s football tryout?” she hit the boy’s head with her fist.

“Hei, it hurts!” shouted the boy.

The girl grinned, “If you do it again tomorrow, you will be a dead meat. Do you hear me?”

“What if I don’t want to?” the boy challenged.

The girl grumbled, “Fine. Do whatever you want, I don’t care. Go flirt to those girls, I don’t care. No one pay attention to a nerd like you, anyway. Don’t be so full of yourself, you are not handsome, you are stupid, you are nerd, and you are not attractive. Huh, who do you think will fall for you?”

“You?” a sharp word from the boy made the girl choked her own breath.

 

//

 

{ Jen’s POV }

 

“Junhee,” I woke up and looking for a girl who I believed she was on the kitchen, cook—or eat—something since it’s already morning. She jumped seeing me leaned my back and stretched my body.

“Good morning.”

“Junhee,” I called her name again.

She handed me a bowl of cereal, “You want one for breakfast? I can make you one if you are.”

I smiled, “Thanks. I’ll make myself later.”

“Okay. Eh, don’t forget for our lunch today,” Junhee took the remote and turned the TV on. I nodded. She was busy chewing her cereal, asked, “Have you finished all the videos?”

“Some of them.”

“How was it?” asked Junhee without looking at me. I replied, “So far, they are so adorable.”

“Great. Do you remember something good?” chased Junhee with her unstoppable questions. I shrugged, and walked to bathroom, “Junhee, were Ken good in football?”

Junhee stopped. She turned her head, put her bowl and got closer to the bathroom’s door, “Do you remember him, Jen?”

“Who?”

“Someone who is good in football, do you remember him?” asked Junhee impatiently. I sighed, “I got a weird dream. I’m not sure it was relatable with my memory. But it seemed real.”

“What dream was it?”

“I’ll tell you after I finished my bath, okay? Don’t worry. I still remember it so clearly. Eat your breakfast first; I need you to accompany me to somewhere.”

 

//

 

{ Ken’s POV }

 

“Ken,”

I turned my body, facing the caller. He watered his lips, and took a seat next to me. The weather felt so good today, balcony was the best place to refresh my mind and let the smooth wind caressed my skin.

“Are you okay?” I asked. “Ravi said you didn’t eat as much as usual. It’s not like you. Leo is heavy eater.”

“I’m fine.”

“You are going to talk about Jen with me, right?” I guessed. He nodded, “Junhee told me some plans. In case to help Jen gained her memory about me. It’s not like I don’t trust her, I believe she will.”

“So?”

“I know you like her,” he said.

I got shocked with his words. How could he know? I didn’t tell anyone about this. He smiled a little, “I was the person who fall for her, even at the very first meeting. So don’t ask me how I could understand you.”

“Leo hyung,” I tried to explain, but he cut me, “Please bear your feeling until the last plan. I beg you, Ken.”

I gasped.

He looked at the blue sky, “She is like a sky, right?”

I kept myself in silent. He smiled again, “Blue.”

“Do you think so?” I asked.

He nodded, “No. She is not the sky. She is the star, the brightest one. I am the sky at night, empty without her.”

My chest hurt.

I didn’t want to be the one who separated them, but I didn’t want to give up. These feelings were precious, as much as she was. What should I do? What should I do?

He patted my shoulder, “Prepare yourself. We’re having lunch with the girls, remember?”

“Eh?”

“I already called the managers for their permit today. Glad they didn’t ask many things, I can’t lie anymore,” he added and left the balcony—left me in silent.

 

//

 

{ Junhee’s POV }

 

I almost burst into tears. Jen asked me to accompany her to somewhere. The place she referred to was our high school soccer field. She slowly remembered.

“Great. It was absolutely here. I know that wasn’t just a dream,” she murmured.

I smiled, “Of course it wasn’t.”

“I feel like I spent a lot of time here when I was in high school. Is it true, Junhee?” she asked, the wind blew caressing our skin. I nodded, “The fact is, this place was one of your favorite spots in our school.”

She swiped her eyes to the entire field. She stood up and walked through the side of the field. I let her. Maybe it was a sign she would remember that Taekwoon confessed his feeling here.

“Jen!” I shouted.

She turned, I pointed to the lobby, “Need to pee. I’ll be back in a minute, okay?”

She smiled, “Take your time!”

 

//

 

{ Jen’s POV }

 

I was here, where my dream took place. It was peaceful, windy and comfortable place. I didn’t fancy any sport but this field felt like home. Maybe I spent a lot of time here, like Junhee said. That girl was absolutely did her best to help me gaining back my memory.

I took a little walk through the side of the field, somehow it brought me to the times when I was standing here, cheering for somebody and screamed out loud just to make sure he could hear my voice.

I couldn’t remember the face.

But I saw a blurry person, running—with the white prideful jersey he wore. I wish I could recognize the face.

“Jaein?”

Someone called my name softly, so I turned my head to check who, “Yes?”

“Oh my God, is that you Jaein?” she giggled and laughed while patting my shoulders. I smirked, “Sorry?”

“I’m just going to grab my lunch and saw you so I walked here to make it sure. I work there—across the street. So how’s the things with you?” she asked. I scratched the back of my ear, “Well, everything is okay.”

“Are you alone?” she has been looked around since five minutes ago. Yet I was going to answer, she added again, “Do you still with him?”

“Ha?”

“I see. He’s an idol now. You must be so frustrated after he dumped you on prom that night,” she replied. I looked at her with all the curiosity that I had.

“He dumped me?” I asked.

She smiled, “Okay, sorry for remind you about that bitter moment. Ah anyway, you look great. Don’t mind who left you, you can get someone better than him.”

I smiled awkwardly, “I’m sorry to ask this, but who are you?”

She laughed, “You don’t remember me? That’s funny because everyone in our school knew about our quarrel. I’m Yoojin. Park Yoojin. Your senior in high school.”

“Our quarrel?” I narrowed my eyebrows.

She chuckled, “Wow, you forget things so easily. Yeah, so we onced—oh more than once, actually—fought over your boyfriend. He chose you, eventually.”

I shocked.

Wait, who was my boyfriend at that time? Remember, Jen. Remember, Jen. C’mon, Jen. Try harder, Jen! Was it Ken? She said he’s an idol now. Ken was an idol. Was it Ken she talked about?

, I couldn’t remember a thing. Junhee said it wasn’t Ken who I forgot; I was trembling since Junhee kept saying that. I wasn’t too sure about Ken—it was a blurry face which came to my dream or my memory, after all.

She patted my back, “Anyway, this is my card. In case you need a lawyer. I guess I’ll see you around, Jen!” she smiled, handed me an ID card and waved her hand.

I replied her with a little smile.

 “Jen? Sorry I just went around our class room, and it felt nostalgic. Do you want to take a look for a while?” Junhee appeared so suddenly nowhere.

I massaged my left shoulders, my back was painful. She looked at me, “Eh, are you okay?”

“I’m fine.”

Junhee stared at me to make herself sure about my answer. I chuckled, “Don’t stare at me, idiot.”

She laughed, “I’m hungry.”

“Let’s go.”