It Was Him

A Kiss To Remember

Chapter 7: It Was Him

 

{ Jen’s POV }

 

Ahn Jaein.

It was my birth name. But I let my close friends, and my family called me Jen. It was because the easier pronunciation and I could feel the affection between us.

That Leo guy who kept calling me Jen gave me uneasy feelings. Ken who approached me at café with so familiar smile. Also Noel’s song lingered in my mind. There must be a connection between them. But what was that?

I spent two days thinking about it. But the more I think, the more I couldn’t remember. I felt so stupid.

“What’s going on here? This is so messy,” I heard Junhee’s voice as soon as the door opened, so I turned my head. That girl had a new haircut. I rolled my eyes, “Went to salon without me, uh?”

“Mum forced me, I couldn’t resist but to say yes. Anyway, what’s with the bedroom? Are you drunk last night?” she asked, pointed at messed up bedroom.

I smirked, “Sorry.”

“I’m hungry, have you eaten?” Junhee hissed.

“Not yet.”

“Want to order some pizza?” she offered. I bit my lower lip, she laughed, “My treat.”

Junhee threw her bag to the bed after made a delivery order call and walked to the living room, I followed her since I had nothing to do in bedroom, plus we were going to have our supper.

Junhee switched on the TV, and pressed a number to change the channel. It was like the first time Junhee watching TV but not the fashion channel. She never watched any variety show or music program. That was why I felt a bit strange when she was really into idols. I took a look at the screen. It was a live concert.

“Another idol, uh?” I asked, played with the sofa pillow.

“It’s VIXX. They will perform in twenty minutes after this group,” she answered.

Our pizza came ten minutes later. I opened the fridge to check if we have some juice or coke. I threw one can of coke to Junhee and she got it right on her hands, “You are no longer mad to Leo, right?”

“No.”

“That’s nice to hear. Ow, it’s their turn now! VIXX!” Junhee put her full attention to the TV and I was busy chewing my pizza, but then I stopped.

This was strange. They sang ‘I Don’t Want to be an Idol’ and everything was beating so fast. His eyes and his stares were caused an incredible pain in my chest. I felt like lost my grip and my head hurt a lot.

“What’s wrong, Jen?”

“It hurts,” I grabbed my chest and my head in the same time. Junhee panicked; she pulled me to her arms, “Let’s go to hospital, okay?”

I nodded. In a second, everything turned black.

 

//

 

{ Leo’s POV }

 

“If it’s possible for you, please come. Jen fainted and she is at hospital now. But don’t force yourself, your career is a priority, remember?” she said in such a hurry then she hung up.

I walked back and forth, we just arrived at dorm and the other members were relaxing themselves. Hakyeon caught my weird acts, “What’s wrong, Leo?”

“Can I go out for a moment?” I asked.

“What happened?”

“I need to go to Seoul Hospital right now. She fainted. Please let me sneak out, and don’t tell the managers,” I begged. Hakyeon disagreed, “Do you think I’m going to let you go there without any guard?”

“Please.”

“Do you think it’s safe to go to the public place with taxi or subway?” asked Ken—he appeared nowhere. I turned my head, “Of course no, but I will wear masker and thick jacket or whatever to disguised myself. But please allow me to go.”

Hakyeon threw a key to Ken, “You drive. We’re going together.”

“Hakyeon-ah.

“Ravi, you stay home. Tell managers we’re only going to supermarket for urgent daily needs if they come or call. You better let Hongbin and Hyuk know about this too if they’re awake,” said Hakyeon to Ravi who just finished his bath.

Ravi nodded, “Be careful of paparazzi hyung. And I hope she’s okay.”

I smiled a bit, “Thanks.”

After changed our clothes, we went out. I was midnight and I was worrying about lot of things, “I’m sorry for troubled you, Ken.”

“It’s okay. I know how precious she is for you.”

“You know?” Hakyeon asked.

Ken nodded, “Leo hyung never ask something to us, it was the first time he broke the rule. Ah, I’m sorry about today. I didn’t mean to call her like that.”

“It’s fine,”

“And I’m sorry again,” Ken took a look at me. My eyebrows narrowed reflectively, “About?”

“Her placard.”

“She lost her memory, plus it was Junhee’s placard. So I think wasn’t a big deal for Leo,” Hakyeon mouthed his opinion. I smiled, “Yeah.”

“But admit it, you were jealous, right? That’s why you refused to talk to me after the fan sign and put your earphone even though you were listening to nothing,” Ken whimpered.

He was right.

 

//

 

I heard his laughs.

I heard his sobs.

I remembered the taste of our latte.

I remembered how warm his hugs were.

I remembered we were so in love to each other.

I saw a blurring face, I couldn’t see the eyes.

But it was him, right?