Strange Heart

Zombie Apocalypse

 

The sudden, distant sound of footsteps caught Sungmin's attention, urging him to look towards the doors expectantly. His mind immediately strayed away from its own confusion concerning Kyuhyun when a tall, handsome man entered the kitchen.

The man had short, black hair that was styled into spikes which complemented his strong features. Muscles bulged out from his arms, proudly showcasing themselves due to the man's sleeveless black shirt. He looked straight at Sungmin as the double doors swung shut behind him, swinging in and out a few times before settling completely.

Before Sungmin's brain could really register what was going on, the man smirked and walked towards him, stopping once he was barely a foot away.

Sungmin looked up at him, suddenly scared of the dark look in his brown eyes.

"Hi there, I'm Siwon." He said huskily, the smirk firmly placed on his lips.

"Hello, my name is Sungmin." Sungmin said, trying his hardest to disguise the fear in his voice while looking into Siwon's eyes.

The smirk on Siwon's lips instantly became more prominent; darker. It scared the living daylights out of Sungmin.

 

Somehow, without Sungmin even noticing, Siwon had s his hand around the latter's waist and moved closer still. The smaller of the two remained too focused on the fear coursing through him; oblivious to the proximity.

"You're cute." The taller breathed seductively, pulling Sungmin closer to himself by his waist.

"Th-thank you?" Sungmin replied, unsure of why the other was randomly complimenting him. He leaned away slightly, a small grimace starting to form on his face.

"After lunch, wanna play with me?" Siwon asked, smiling at Sungmin with his face full of fake innocence.

"Uhhh, I have to do... stuff after this. R-right Kyuhyun?" Sungmin responded hurriedly, scrambling out of Siwon's hold. He went back to standing beside Kyu, seeking some sort of protection from the seductive man.

"Yes, you have to learn how to use a gun." Kyu replied to Sungmin. Practically growling, he sent Siwon a menacing glare that he himself didn't realize had formed on his face.

"Ah! Then, I'll teach you!" Siwon exclaimed, completely ignoring Kyuhyun and once again reaching out to grasp Sungmin's thin arm.

 

Before his long fingers could wrap themselves around Sungmin's wrist, a hand had grabbed his middle and pointer fingers and flipped them back on themselves so that they hit the back of Siwon's hand. A loud crack resounded throughout the kitchen, small gasps escaping Ryeowook and Sungmin soon after.

"OH MY GOD, MY ING FINGERS! WHAT THE , KYU!" Siwon screamed hysterically, recoiling a good ten feet into a corner, cradling his injured hand against his chest.

"I'm teaching him, thank you very much. Now off, manwhore." Kyuhyun growled, huffing angrily as he crossed his arms over his chest. He didn't seem at all guilty that he may or may not have broken Siwon's fingers.

Sungmin stared up at Kyuhyun, his heart thumping loudly in his chest.

Weird... He thought, softly massaging the area covering his heart.

 

An offended look formed on Siwon's face, an absurd pout following soon after; complete with puffed out cheeks. He resembled an ugly chipmunk.

"Eeeeeww hyuuuung, don't do thaaat. You look gross!" A voice exclaimed in childish disgust, followed soon after by another voice making an 'eugh' noise.

Everyone in the room turned to the source of the voices, seeing a small boy with big cheeks standing beside a tall man with sharp features. The kitchen doors swung closed behind them, swinging in opposite directions until they settled in their original position.

"Henry!" Rryeowook called out excitedly, scampering out of Yesung's arms and tackling the boy with big cheeks.

The boy named Henry hugged Wookie tightly, a dazzling smile appearing on his face. "Wookie hyung~." He squealed happily, twisting his torso slightly, causing Ryeowook to swing with his movements.

Both squealed and hopped together like teenage girls, causing Sungmin's eyebrow to rise in question.

 

The tall man who had entered with Henry waved, pulling Sungmin's attention away from the two giggling boys. His feline eyes squinted slightly as a smile formed on his lips.

"Hello~ my name is Zhoumi. You must be the new guy! Welcome to the Resistance." The tall man said, a hint of cuteness hidden in his voice.

"i'm Sungmin. Thank you for the warm welcome, Zhoumi-ssi."

"No need for the formalities, we're all pretty close in age here in the Resistance."

Sungmin nodded in understanding, smiling kindly at Zhoumi.

"Oh! This little guy here is Henry." Zhoumi explained, pointing at the smaller boy who was still in Ryeowook's arms. The latter waved like a hyper puppy at Sungmin, smiling happily while Ryeowook smothered his face into his chest.

 

"So... no one's gonna help me out here?" Siwon asked pathetically, looking around at the group of people who were currently ignoring his existence.

"NOPE!" Henry chirped happily, oblivious to Siwon's pain.

Kyu muffled a snicker, looking over at the tall man slumped in his little corner, his dark orbs teasing.

Suddenly, the double doors behind Zhoumi burst open and a feminine looking boy strutted in, his hands spread wide. He had blonde hair that practically burned Sungmin's eyes and his eyes were edgy. He wore a tight catsuit that hugged his body, showing his s-line figure.

"I have arrived! REJOICE!" He announced, sauntering over to the large island in the middle of the room, plopping down elegantly onto one of the stools there.

"Key, stop being so weird." Another boy grumbled as he walked in after the other through the wide open doors. He rolled his eyes and sat down beside his companion. His face had strong features and his eyes were big, resembling puppy eyes. His hair was parted mostly to one side, slightly highlighted.

"Jjong, I'm not weird; I'm fabulous." Key replied confidently, crossing his long legs and flipping his hair with a dramatic flick of his hand.

"Mhmm, sure you are." The other boy mumbled, receiving a reprimanding slap on his shoulder from Key.

While Jonghyun recoiled dramatically and made a show of silently screaming, Key finally noticed Sungmin's presence.

"AH! Hi there, I'm Key!" He introduced, waving curtly to the other boy.

Sungmin shyly waved back, introducing himself meekly. The confidence radiating off of Key somehow intimidated him, making him shrink back slightly.

The puppy-eyed boy next to Key introduced himself hyperly, saying his name was Jonghyun. Sungmin nodded at him, smiling slightly when he could practically see a tail wagging behind him.

 

Out of nowhere, an arm draped on top of his head; the hand connected to it hung lazily in front of his face. Sungmin's eyebrows went up a bit, his big eyes flicking to the side to see the culprit.

There, with an obviously fake air of innocence around him, was Kyuhyun. He had abused his height advantage over Sungmin and practically used him as an armrest. Well, not practically, more like; shamelessly and obviously.

A small, primitive sort of growl escaped Sungmin, coming from the depths of his throat. He glared at Kyuhyun from the corner of his eyes, watching as a small smirk formed on the latter's lips.

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow at him, trying to hide his smirk by morphing it into an innocent smile. Evil intent was still present though; at least in Sungmin's eyes.

"Can you please not be such a brat?" Sungmin asked him through slightly clenched teeth.

Kyuhyun revealed his smirk once again, sticking out his tongue childishly. He chuckled quietly, a genuine smile appearing on his face.

 

Sungmin's heart skipped a beat and he suddenly forgot his anger at the younger boy.

It was strange... but, he wanted to see Kyu's smile again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------
...Hi

NO ONE BE MAD AT ME! I CAN'T SEEM TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE THIS STORY WORK OUT!

I just seem to get writer's block when I attempt to make this story make sense... I want Min to be like this btws!

I NEED ZOMBIES! Like, now. Once everyone is introduced (more next chapter) I'll make Kyumin start training then I'll throw in some zombies. A zombie story needs some un-dead blobs, right?

Who likes Zhoury, Jongkey and... SIWON!? Lol Siwon. The pathetic little child.

  

I'll try to be quicker about next chapter. I just need to update O2VP? and Nine Tails, One Heart first.

Please stay loyal and patient, my beautiful little Resistance members. (Lol I shall call you that now).

Please COMMENT and VOTE! (some Kyumin to bribe you~)

I'll update soon! Annyeong~