Deadly Virus

Zombie Apocalypse

http://m.youtube.com/watch?client=mv-google&hl=en&gl=US&v=rL0eMG14cR4 (listen to this as you read) ^~^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Six years ago, a government experiment went horribly wrong. They were trying to find a solution to aging and death. But, their efforts backfired when one if their tests went awry, creating a deadly virus. This virus causes all those infected to become un-dead creatures, desperately seeking out one thing; human flesh.


This virus spread quickly throughout the world, no cure being found. Those infected fed off those who were still healthy, their saliva transferring the virus to them. Those that had been eaten were revived when the virus attacked their dying cells, transferring its DNA into them. The cells multiplied, finally reaching the victims brain. In seconds, they took over and re-birthed the infected; turning them into un-dead monsters.


Zombies had taken over.


Six years had passed since the horrible outbreak. The entire world contained the walking dead, stumbling along in the now completely deserted streets. There had been almost no survivors. Those who had survived had eventually been sniffed out by the flesh craving creatures; their lives cut short.


Now, the entire world was eerily quiet, no signs of life in the overgrown and filthy streets. Cars were haphazardly positioned along the roads and highways, having been left there for six years to collect dust. Buildings and homes had their windows and doors broken, signs of years old struggles still apparent.


The streets of Seoul, South Korea were silent except for the desperate and growling of the zombies that stumbled along; searching for food. They crawled or dragged their feet along aimlessly, having no real purpose.


Inside of a large brick building, behind tightly closed doors, Sungmin zipped closed his backpack. He sighed as he turned his head to stare out of a cracked window, a warm breeze whistling through the small cracks.


I need more food. Sungmin thought, noticing how his bag seemed too flat for his liking. He looked around the room, ignoring the messy bed and the broken lamp on the nightstand. His big brown eyes focused on the off-white refrigerator that had only days earlier been full of food.


Now, it stood empty, mocking him while his stomach grumbled in protest.


Sungmin was, to his knowledge, the last human on Earth. He had managed to survive for six years because of an invention that his scientist father had made before he had been infected by the virus.


A scent-masking jacket. This jacket, if it covered all exposed skin of the upper body, covered all of the pores on the wearer's neck, face and arms. When the pores were covered, the scent from them was masked.


Basically, Sungmin was invisible to the zombies; who sought out their prey from smell.


Sungmin slipped his arms into the smooth jacket, it's fabric hugging his toned arms. Once he had put it on, he flipped up the hood. The large hood shadowed his face, effectively being used to its purpose. As long as the wearer's skin was covered by either the fabric or its shadow, the masking properties engaged.


Time to enter hell. Sungmin thought sarcastically as he zipped up the jacket until his chin. His stomach growled loudly in complaint.


I know, I know. He responded in his head, grabbing one of the straps of his bag and slinging it over his shoulder. He walked over to the door of the small room, ignoring the continued sounds coming from his tummy.


Once he reached the door, he adjusted the other strap of his bag so it wrapped around his shoulder. He grabbed the adjustment straps, pulling on them in order to make the straps hug his shoulders.


He took a deep breath and slowly opened the door, peeking out to see if there were any un-dead nearby.


There was one but, it was stumbling at the end of the road, dragging its left foot behind it. From Sungmin's position, it was a good hundred feet away from him. Guessing he was safe, Sungmin opened the door wider and stepped out into the late morning sunshine. It was late spring; nearly summer. Usually at this time of year, zombies were a plenty in the streets. They sought out wild animals that were usually born now. Since humans had become a rarity, animals were their scapegoat.


Sungmin looked down the street, both ways. His body was on high alert even with the scent-masking jacket. Even his protesting stomach went quiet, sensing the danger.


Seeing no potential danger except for that stray zombie that had just bumped into a pole, Sungmin set out on his search.


I don't know why but I feel like something is going to happen today. Sungmin said to himself, pulling on his straps with his thumbs in a nervous gesture. He kept his eyes glued on the stray zombie but soon ignored it once he saw it crash into a brick wall.


Stupid creatures. He mumbled in his head, finally reaching the end of the road. The zombie across from him didn't sense him at all due to his jacket.


Sungmin breathed in relief, knowing that he would be safe further on. He looked ahead as he walked, his eyes occasionally shifting from side to side; seeking out danger. Finally reaching the main road which he knew contained food, he paused and studied his surroundings.


He didn't like this. He didn't like this at all.


In front of him were practically twenty zombies, some stumbling and , some eating poor animals that had unluckily crossed their path.


Dammit. Sungmin thought, grinding his teeth slightly as he saw that the zombies were spread out across the entire street. This way, he wouldn't be able to get food unless he walked straight from where he was to the opposite side of the road, through the line of un-dead.


Sungmin thought for a moment and decided that that was exactly what he needed to do. After all, he'd be fine with his jacket on... right?

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi my lovelies! <3 \°0°/


So this is chapter one! Is it good? I tried to make Sungmin seem alone which is why he talks to himself... a lot.


Comment and vote please! I love those! Helps mah self esteem. *prompt nod*


Oh yeah! Gonna use this as lame advertising:

If you like Eunhae and vampires, go check out my first story! It's called Orphan to Vampire Prince?


Yeah... lame author moment... woo!


Usually, I update everyday but since I'll be writing two stories at once; I'll probably update every other day or irregularly. Depends. I'm all spontaneous like that. *lame mysterious moves*


Ok bye sweeties! I'll update soon!