Chapter 8

Lady of Choi Clan


8

 
"What if he tells Seungho?" Jihye whispered.
 
When the bell rang, seungri and Jihye quickly ran to the abandoned building behind their school building. It used to be a school building but it was too old so the principal decided to build a new building and use the old one to keep the school's properties.
 
"Who's there?" Jihye and Seungri froze.
 
They slowly turned around and faced another familiar face.
 
"Thunder." Seungri said.
 
"Seungri? Jihye?! WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" He asked.
 
"You better not tell anyone about our identities." Jihye hissed, anger evident in her eyes.
 
"Jihye... you know how sorry we are for lea--"
 
She cuts him off with a sinister laughter.
 
"I don't want to hear your apologies. It's been years and in my head, you and Lee Joon are dead to me." Jihye said.
 
"Please don't do this. You know how much we love you, Jihye.... Seungri.."
 
Seungri shook his head.
 
"You know the rule. You left us, you're no longer considered alive."
 
*****
 
"HYUNG!" Thunder called Lee Joon.
 
Lee Joon raised his head.
 
"She's here!" He whispered to the older guy.
 
"I know." Lee Joon sighed.
 
"You knew?! And you don't bother to tell me?!" Thunder hissed.
 
"Know about what?" G.O entered the room.
 
"nothing." Thunder and lee joon lied.
 
"We need to interrogate the students now. Hurry up. Here's your list of students." G.O handed them the paper before he left.
 
Lee Joon scanned the names written on the paper and let out a sigh of relief when he saw Jihye's name on his list. That means he could protect her secret.
 
*****
 
"Have you heard the news? They said Choi Clan's child is attending the same school! I heard it's a girl!" 
 
Everyone is talking about the news. Jihye and seungri who just got came back after the break tried to listen to them, hoping they might get any information. Seungri's hand is busy texting Seunghyun, updating him with what happened at school. Jihye, on the other hand has calmed herself down and tried to come up with solution in case people find out about her identity. 
 
Daehyun entered the class and hurriedly took the seat in front of her and grinned, ignoring the shock of their classmates.
 
"Hi Jihye~" He greeted.
 
"Hi, Daehyun." Jihye nodded, her eyes quickly scanned the whole room before it landed back on daehyun.
 
"can i ask you something?" he asked.
 
Jihye nodded. Daehyun clears his throat before he asked her.
 
"Since you live next to Choi Clan's territory, does that mean you know who the child is?" he whispered.
 
Jihye slowly nodded and looked at Lee Joon who just entered the class. Daehyun's eyes widened and he leaned in closer.
 
"Who is it??" He asked.
 
"Not going to tell you. I might get killed." She shrugged.
 
Daehyun stuck out his tongue at her and playfully ruffled her hair, causing her to whined. Seungri watched the interaction in amusement while Lee Joon is glaring the Daehyun.
 
"Please go to your seats. I am going to call each one of you and interview you for a while. Then you might go back and call the next person for me. Is that clear?" he asked.
 
The students nodded. They watched Lee Joon open up his file and scanned the name.
 
"Choi haneul." he called out.
 
A petite girl stands up and flaunts her way to the front. She gave Lee Joon her infamous flirtatious smile only to be ignored.
 
"Stop doing that. It looks weird." He said before he walked out of the classroom.
 
*****
Jihye nervously tapped her fingers on the table, causing Daehyun to turned around and gave her dirtly looks.
 
"Stop that." he said, pointing at her fingers.
 
Seungri looked at Jihye who has gotten paler by the hour. There are only few students that has yet to be interviewed, including him and Jihye. Daehyun was called out by G.O and just got back half an hour ago.
 
"Lee Seungri?" Jessica walked inside and called his name.
 
He quickly patted her shoulder to comfort her and gave her a small smile before he walked out. He stepped inside the smaller room used for counseling and found Lee Joon sitting with the folder on the table. His eyes bored into his as seungri took a seat across him.
 
"What do you want?" Seungri asked.
 
"Seunghyun..."
 
"Don't call me that. Only my family can call me that." Seungri spats.
 
"I want to apologize. I know I shouldn't have left... I... I need the money and.."
 
"And you're willing to spill some top secret and ruin everyone's life so you can get the money. Great choice you made." Seungri humorlessly laughed.
 
"I was wrong... I miss you guys..." Lee Joon said.
 
"Save it. What do you want to ask?" Seungri pointed at the file.
 
"Just some protocol. You don't have to answer. I'll cross out your name and Jihye's."
 
"Good. Cause if you tell your friends about us, about Jihye, i'll personally kill you." Seungri hissed and left the room.
 
*****
 
"Jihye." Seungri entered the classroom.
 
Their classmates erupted in laughter, especially Jessica and her clique.
 
"Why would they want to waste time interviewing her? There's no way a worthless thing like her can be a choi clan!" She laughed.
 
Jihye hides her smirk as she left. The fear she felt was now gone. She saw Seungri nodded comfortingly at her before she left the class.
 

2013.04.15 monday