Chapter 10

Lady of Choi Clan
 

10

 
Daehyun watched her jogged away from him. He can see anxiety in her face and it made him worry about her. Unknowingly, his foot started to move. He walked down the road that has become so familiar to him. An eerie feeling dawned upon him when he heard a loud commotion. And he quicken his pace, fearing that Jihye might be in danger.
 
Oh boy, he was wrong. He froze when he saw the sight of the girl that has captured his heart standing between two gangs with her arms crossed in front of her chest. He couldn't recognized her anymore. She's not that Jihye he knew. She has a scary aura as she stood and asked the gangs with a voice that send chills down your spine. Daehyun gaped at the sight. He saw a familiar guy he remembered as L.Joe talking to his gang. They looked worried and it confuses him. How can they be so worried at their own enemy. 
 
He found his answer few minutes later when he watched six men attacked her and he was about to run towards her to help her when she made a move that stunned him. She moved so gracefully as she fought against the six of them. It was a matter of minutes before he saw those six guys lie on the floor, writhing in pain. He even saw some of them unconscious. 
 
"I'll be nice to you now. Don't you dare come to MY territory and fight. I do not tolerate this. Unless you want to die in my hands, i suggest you go drag your asses back home." he heard her hissed.
 
He saw what seems to be the leader of the gang nodded in fear before he told the rest of his gang to leave the area. When they have left, Jihye turned towards the other gang. She took a deep breath.
 
"That's all taken care of. Go back home and tend yourself. Next time, BRING BACK UP!" She snapped at them.
 
They all quickly left after her outburst. Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows. Who is Jihye? Does this mean she's been lying to him? Is she a part of Choi Clan? he thought.
 
He noticed L.Joe stayed behind and talked to her in a hushed voice. He couldn't hear what they were saying. And after gathering enough courage he came out of his hiding and approached them, shock evident in his face.
 
"What the hell was that?" He asked.
 
Daehyun saw Jihye stiffened before she turned around and stared back at him, her face paled.
 
*****
"Daehyun." She whispered.
 
Daehyun approached her.
 
"You beat them up... Jihye... You're one of Choi Clan, aren't you?" He concluded.
 
Jihye glanced at L.Joe who shrugged. She sighed and slowly nodded.
 
"you are the daughter those MBLAQ guys have been looking for." Daehyun said, replied with another nod.
 
"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked with a pained expression.
 
"I cannot trust anyone at school. If you don't know, you were bullying me, Daehyun. You can't expect me to open up to you just like that." She glared before she stomped away.
 
She quickly entered her mansion, leaving L.Joe and Daehyun in silence. L.Joe finally looked at Daehyun and watched his face crumpled in sadness.
 
"She's just in shock." L.Joe comforted him.
 
Daehyun stared back at him.
 
"She hates me. Everyone hates me here. It's acceptable, i guess. I should've seen it coming." daehyun bitterly chuckled.
 
L.Joe can feel his hatred towards the guy in front of him evaporates. He gave him a pat on the back and smiled.
 
"She doesn't hate you. She probably has the same feeling as you. She's in shock. She doesn't want anyone to treated her like some royalty-even though she probably is. You've seen her as the person she truly is, as Choi Jihye, the girl that have too many dreams. Not Choi Jihye the ruthless fighter of Choi Clan." L.Joe said.
 
Daehyun looked at him.
 
"Same feelings?" Daehyun frowned.
 
He laughed and grinned at him.
 
"Same feelings. She probably hasn't realized it yet or she's too shy to tell us. Go home. Pick her up tomorrow. She'll be okay by then." L.Joe said as he walked away.
 
Daehyun smiled and nodded. To see her best friend being nice to him is something. He felt accepted. Daehyun was about to turned around and left when L.Joe called him back.
 
"Wait!" 
 
"what?" Daehyun watched L.Joe jogged over to him.
 
He placed a piece of paper on his hand and grinned.
 
"You couldn't see her until tomorrow. But, no one says you can't text her or call her, right?" he winked and ran back.
 
Daehyun stared at the paper. It was a series of numbers. Jihye's phone number. a soft chuckle escaped his lips as he put it inside his pocket. Choi Jihye has officially stole his heart and he's not ashamed to admit it.
 
*****
Jihye slammed the door closed. She quickly ran to her room and locked herself. 
 
'STUPID!' she kept saying in her head.
 
Her thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock on the door.
 
"Who is it?" She asked.
 
"Jihye?" it was Chaerin, Jihye's second best friend after L.Joe.
 
She opened the door and Chaerin quickly walked inside and locked the room before she stared at her best friend.
 
"why are you crying?" she asked.
 
"Because i'm so stupid!" Jihye groaned, burying her head on the pillow.
 
Chaerin sighed.
 
"Tell me what happened. Does this have anything to do with that hot guy that was talking to L.Joe outside?" She asked.
 
Jihye nodded, her face still covered with pillow. Being the impatient person, Chaerin yanked the pillow away and threw it across the room.
 
"Tell.me.now. Mumbling some incoherent words is not very helping." she said.
 
"He found out." jihye mumbled.
 
"about?"
 
"Me being the choi clan's youngest daughter. He wasn't supposed to. NO ONE was supposed to know!"
 
"Why are you this upset?"
 
"BECAUSE I LIKE HIM A LOT AND I THINK HE HATES ME FOR THIS!" Jihye screamed, finally releasing all her feelings.
 
Chaerin gently caressed her back, trying to soothe her.
 
"Did he say anything bad?" she asked.
 
Jihye shook her head.
 
"What if he was just shocked? just like you."
 
Jihye looked at her best friend.
 
"But unnie! This is different! i really like him...." she trailed off.
 
Chaerin chuckled. The door slowly opened, revealing L.joe with a spare key. He sat in front of the girls.
 
"He doesn't hate you, you know." L.Joe said.
 
"How do you know? you hate him." 
 
"Because I have realized he's not as bad as i think. He's worried you hate him." L.Joe said.
 
"i don't hate him." Jihye mumbled.
 
"He doesn't either. So stop crying, you look so ugly." L.Joe said, receiving a loud smack from Chaerin.
 
"OW! What's that for noona!" L.Joe whined.
 
"YOU ARE SO CHILDISH! she's not ugly!" Chaerin huffed.
 
"Look at her red eyes and nose. She is ugly when she cries. I'm sorry, jihye but unless a guy really loves you, i don't think anyone will think you're pretty when you cry."
 
Jihye wiped away her tears and frowned.
 
"I'm telling Oppa." She stands up.
 
L.Joe quickly grabbed her hands.
 
"DON'T!!!! you know he scolded me for pranking you a month ago!" He pleaded, causing Chaering to doubled in laughter.
 
"Served you right, dumbo. GO TELL THEM!" chaerin cheered.
 
"FINE! I will tell the hyungs you like daehyun!" L.joe threatened.
 
Jihye raised her eyebrows.
 
"Is that supposed to scare me?" She asked.
 
"well, duh"
 
"For your information, Jiyong oppa knows about this a month ago after i hung out with Daehyun and B.A.P oppa for few months. And he told the rest of Big Bang. Seunghyun oppa almost got a heart attack and the rest laughed at him. Telling him will just remind him of that embarrassing event." Jihye said.
 
L.Joe sighed in defeat.
 
"I'll do anything."
 
"anything?"
 
"yes?" He looked unsure.
 
Jihye laughed when L.Joe's face paled as time passed.
 
"I'll think about it later." she grinned.
 
"You brat" L.Joe messed up her hair.
 
Chaerin huffed.
 
"DON'T TOUCH MY LITTLE BABY!" 
 
"OUCH! NOONA THAT HURTS!"
 

2013.04.20 saturday