Chapter 22

Lady of Choi Clan


22

 
Lee Joon watched Boa left the cafe and let out a sigh. Boa really is a good speaker, he thought. He replayed her offer and shook his head. Is he that desperate? Is he that blinded? he thought. Jiyong's voice kept ringing in his head and after few minutes, he started to get headache. He stood up and left the cafe. He drove his car to the beach. He stopped the car and leaned back on the seat. He started to replay his conversation with Jihye the other day.
 
He was walking around the park when he saw Jihye crouching down at a corner.
 
"Lee Joon?" Jihye looked up at him.
 
"What are you doing?" he asked.
 
She blushed and quickly stands up.
 
"I was trying to feed the duck." she defends herself.
 
"By making a food trail from the pond... to the box?" He chuckled.
 
"Oh shut up. Seunghyun oppa won't let me buy one. So i'm going to take one from here." 
 
"I'll help you." He said.
 
Jihye looked at him and a grin appeared on her lips. She took out a small piece of bread from her pocket and handed it to him.
 
"Make sure it's not too far apart okay." She commanded and continue to put the bread on the ground.
 
"Yes mam."
 
They spend 10 minutes making the trail and another 10 minutes waiting for a duck to appear.
 
"Jihye."
 
"hm?"
 
"I know you probably won't forgive me but i really am sorry for everything." he apologized.
 
Jihye looked at him and smiled.
 
"It's okay, i guess. You must have your own reason. I can't be selfish right?" She said.
 
He looked away and both of them spend a good 10 minutes in silence until Lee Joon decided to break the silence.
 
"They were going to kill you." he said.
 
"what?"
 
"2PM and Miss A. Taecyeon caught thunder and I. He told us he's going to kill you that day unless we gave them ... information.. We were so scared ... do you remember the day we got back and almost died?" he asked.
 
Jihye nodded and bit her lips nervously.
 
"They beat us up. And that time, Min is your friend and she said she's going to kill you at the school's backyard. And they were going to mutilate thunder. So I told them some... entrance .. and a week later they attacked us."
 
"But we killed them." Jihye said.
 
"We beat them but the guilt is eating us alive, Jihye. We... Thunder couldn't sleep for days. So we decided maybe it's best if we just leave." He said.
 
"I'm so sorry." Lee Joon continued.
 
"I'm sorry too." Jihye said.
 
"It's not your fault."
 
"I should've listen to your reason first before i hate you." she smiled.
 
"You forgive me?" he warily asked.
 
Jihye nodded and gave him a pat on the back.
 
"just.. don't do that again, okay? If anything happen, tell us. We'll beat them." She grinned.
 
Lee Joon nodded and smiled.
 
"i Promise."
 
 
Lee Joon's lips curved into a smile as he remembered the conversation. He took out his phone and started to text Jiyong.
 
'We need to talk, hyung. -Joon'
 
He started his car and drove back to the Choi Clan residence.
 
*****
 
"Where have you been?" Mir beamed at him when Lee Joon entered the small house Choi Clan lend them.
 
"Just grabbed some coffee." he lied.
 
"Jiyong hyung called. He said you want to talk to him?" Thunder said.
 
Lee Joon nodded. He left the house and quickly drove his car to Jiyong's place. The gate was opened and he can see Jiyong's girfriend watering the garden. 
 
"Um, excuse me?" he clears his throat.
 
Chaerin looked up and her eyes narrowed a little before she smiled at him. It's obvious she's still wary around him after his departure. 
 
"Hi, Joon. Jiyong's inside." She said.
 
"Oh okay." he smiled and entered the mansion.
 
*****
Lee Joon looked around the room and smiled. It has been a while since he walked inside this house and it still feels homey to him. He nodded his head at Jiyong who stood up from the couch and looked at him.
 
"Let's talk in my room." he motioned Lee Joon to follow him.
 
He gulped when he felt his phone vibrated. He took it out and opened the text message.
 
'I'll text you what you should do tomorrow. Enjoy your last day of loyalty.'
 
He sighed and closed the door to Jiyong's office.
 
"so? What do you want to talk about?" he asked.
 
"We might have a chance to beat the Park Clan." Lee Joon's lips curved into a smile.
 

2013.05.26 sunday