Chapter 13

Lady of Choi Clan


13

 
Everyone didn't dare to open their mouth. They all look at each other awkwardly. Zelo and Jongup are still gaping at the sight of the Noona they thought were a sweet girl. Jihye, on the other hand is looking at her own hands as if it was the most interesting thing in the whole world. Block B and L.Joe exchanged eye contacts before Zico finally clears his throat, causing everyone to look at him.
 
"Okay... Let me get this straight. You are Jihye's schoolmates that bullied her?" he asked.
 
Everyone stiffened.
 
"Yes, they're the one." L.Joe answered.
 
They all look at Jihye in shock.
 
"YOU ARE CAPABLE OF GETTING BULLIED?!" P.O shouted, followed by snickers from the rest of Block B.
 
"Shut up." Jihye muttered.
 
"BUT!" L.Joe cuts them off.
 
He looked at Daehyun and grinned.
 
"They have stopped bullying her and now three of them are actually pretty close with her, right, Jihye?" he asked.
 
Jihye nodded, her cheeks slightly pinked. This, however, doesn't go unnoticed by Zico who gasped.
 
"what?" Jihye asked him.
 
"I KNEW IT!" He laughed with L.Joe.
 
"Oh shut up! Let's get this over with." Jihye glared at the two before standing up.
 
The rest of B.A.P can see the Choi Clan's family tattoo on her shoulder blade. She turned around to face Block B, showing a clearer view of her phoenix tattoo. Daehyun was lost in awe until Youngjae nudged him.
 
"Don't drool." He whispered and snickered.
 
"I can't wait!" Kyung beamed and motioned everyone to stand up and follow Jihye outside.
 
"Can't wait for what?" Himchan asked.
 
Zico turned around and smiled.
 
"Your test with Jihye!" 
 
*****
 
"DON'T HOLD BACK!" B-Bomb shouted from the side.
 
Block B and L.Joe are standing on the side of the field while B.A.P and Jihye are in the middle. Jihye rolled her eyes and straightened up her posture. She closed her eyes for a brief moment.
 
"Do you still want to join the clan?" She asked.
 
The six of them nodded.
 
"You will go against me. One on One. I'll see how good you are." she nodded.
 
"Who's first?" she asked them.
 
Youngjae stepped forward. She smiled and both of them exchanged bows. Zico stepped into the field to be the referee. When he said start, Youngjae quickly jumped at her, his fist tightly clenched. Jihye avoided the attack Youngjae kept sending. She looks like she's dancing, which is very different compared to Youngjae who uses his strength throughout the fight.
 
Zico and L.Joe smiled at the sight.
 
"He's losing, isn't he?" yongguk asked them.
 
"He's using too much power and not enough strategy." Zico nodded.
 
"NEXT!" Jihye shouted.
 
They turned to the field once again and saw Youngjae on the ground, groaning in annoyance and pain. Yongguk stepped up next, followed by Himchan, Jongup, and Zelo. Daehyun was the last one to fight against her. He can hear his own heart beating loudly. 
 
"daehyun." she smiled.
 
"Jihye." he smiled back.
 
"STOP FLIRTING AND FIGHT!" Zico shouted.
 
"don't hold back." Jihye said before they started to fight.
 
The fight was longer than the other five. Daehyun is very good at it and since Jihye is getitng tired, he easily dominated the sparring. At one point, he managed to tackled her to the ground. But just when he was about to land the final punch, she quickly turned the position around and her hands rested on his neck. A smirked planted on her lips as she jumped off him.
 
"Very impressive." She stands up and lend him a hand.
 
Daehyun grinned and both of them walked back to the side of the field. Everyone was gaping at the sight.
 
"What?" Jihye asked.
 
"That was y." L.Joe winked.
 
"Too bad you're like my sister. That'd be ." He shivered, earning a smack on the head.
 
"So?" Zico asked.
 
Jihye looked at B.A.P and smiled.
 
"You guys are great. You have astounding power, which is a great thing. BUT! you obviously need to stop depending on your power too much. You need to learn how to strategize yourself. Power isn't enough. Big Bang and Epik High can teach you that. Since you'll be joining assassination field, you'll have to know you WILL kill someone. Prepare yourself for that." She looked at each one of them.
 
"Block B will teach you the know-hows. You'll meet the second in command, Phantom. Learn from them as well. Any question?" She asked.
 
"Does this mean we'll be moving here?" Yongguk asked.
 
Jihye nodded.
 
"Zico will arrange that." 
 
She gave them a sincere smile and grabbed her jacket from Jaehyo. She waved them goodbye and walked away with L.Joe following behind her.
 
"One more thing." She stopped on her track and turned her head.
 
"My identity is to be kept secret until I say otherwise. NO ONE can know. DO NOT talk about this anywhere else. You don't know how many spies are there." She said.
 
B.A.P nodded and watched her left the main house.
 
"Congratulation! It's the first time in years she has accepted a gang!" Zico grinned.
 
"come! Let's go to your new house" He said.
 
Daehyun's phone beeped as they all followed Zico out.
 
'Congratulation, Daehyun. You were great :) - Jihye'
 
He smiled and put it back in his pocket. 
 
*****
"WOAAHH..." Zelo awed at the house.
 
They were taken to a house 10 minutes later. It's only a few houses away from Jihye's mansion. 
 
"Choi family is known for their great care for us. You'll know why every one of us is so eager to serve them with all of our lives." Taeil smiled at them.
 
"We know this from experience. We've been in several clans before. Choi Clan is the only one who treat us like family." Jaehyo said.
 
"You'll love it here. Enjoy." Block B grinned and left B.A.P in their new house.
 
"This is amazing."
 
"I guess there's still a lot to learn." Himchan said.
 
"yeah."
 
*****
They were lounging on the living room when they heard a loud knock on the door. They have been living for a week and received a strenuous training. This is their rest day. Yongguk nudged Zelo to open the door, in which the latter sighed before he got up.
 
"noona!" He beamed before he remembered her status and bowed.
 
Jihye laughed.
 
"I'm still Jihye. there's no need for you to be so formal outside the main house." 
 
"I miss you, noona!" he immediately went back to his old self.
 
"NOONA!" Jongup jumped at her and attack her in a hug.
 
"hi, Jongup. What's up?"
 
"Where have you been?" Daehyun popped out and grinned at her.
 
"Here and there. How's your training?" she asked when the two maknaes went back to the couch, leaving daehyun and Jihye alone. Both of them stayed longer before they joined the rest of B.A.P in the living room.
 
"How do you like the new house?" she asked.
 
"It's great. Thank you, Jihye." Himchan smiled.
 
"You can call me if you need anything else. I just want to check up on you. The training will get harder in few weeks ahead. There are... some... problems and if we think you're ready, we'll let you fight." She smiled.
 
they all nodded and chat for a while before Jihye got called to come back home. She straightened out her clothes and walked out of the house after saying goodbyes. Her eyes linger a bit longer when she looked at Daehyun.
 
"bye." she smiled.
 
"see you."
 
*****
Jihye was on her way back home when her phone rang. It was daehyun.
 
"Daehyun? you need something?" She asked, remembering her offer.
 
"no.." 
 
"Why do you sound so nervous?"
 
"Jihye?"
 
"hm?"
 
"will you go on a date with me?" 
 

2013.04.27 saturday