chapter 7

Lady of Choi Clan


7

 
Lee Joon closed his eyes for a brief moment after he parked at the side of the street. The area is too familiar for him. After all, this is where he grew up in. He looked at the white mansion across the street. It hasn't changed a bit, he thought as he observes the place he once called home. 
 
The street is empty, as always. No one dared to pass the street filled with Choi Clan. His thoughts was cut off when he saw a familiar figure exited the house next to the white mansion. His eyes glistened with tears at the sight of the man he once call brother. He was walking out with a woman he was also familiar with. He smiled. They're still together, he thought when he saw him kissed her before he left with his Lamborghini.
 
His smile fell when he saw Jihye. She was walking back home. What surprised him is the man next to her, laughing with her. He squinted his eyes and noticed the guy attend the same school as her.
 
Jung Daehyun.
 
He knows him. He's a member of the school's Jjang, B.A.P. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Jihye never likes people knowing who she is. Is he that special ? he wondered. He's even more confused when Jihye stopped in front of Jiyong's house and bid him goodbye before she walked in.
 
*****
 
"Jihye?" Daehyun called.
 
Both of them were enjoying their ice cream in silence as they walked back home. Jihye looked up at him.
 
"yeah?"
 
"I...I want to apologize." he said.
 
Jihye tilted her head.
 
"What? What happened to you?" she joked.
 
Daehyun chuckled but he turned serious again.
 
"i really am sorry. I... I shouldn't have bullied you. Junhong and Jongup are right. You are a nice person." he smiled.
 
"I guess they gave you a lecture huh?" she grinned.
 
He nodded.
 
"It's okay. I forgive you." She smiled.
 
They stopped in front of the house. Daehyun looked at her. She's giving him the most beautiful smile he has ever seen.
 
"You're a nice person too, Daehyun. See you tomorrow." She said before she ran inside the house.
 
A foolish grin appeared on his face as he walked back home. He couldn't wait to brag about this to Junhong and Jongup.
 
*****
 
Jihye opened the door to peek outside. She has called her brother to come and pick her up. Her eyes are set on the black BMW across the street.
 
"Jihye?" Seunghyun opened the gate and walked inside.
 
"Someone has been spying on us... on me..." She closed the door.
 
Seunghyun walked to the nearest window and caught the sight of the black car.
 
"I'll call L.Joe to get rid of that car." he said, grabbing her hand as they walked back to their own house.
 
 
*****
"Where are you going?" Chunji asked L.Joe who got up from the couch after he received the call.
 
"Someone's spying on Jihye." He said and waved them goodbye.
 
He jogged towards the street and furrowed his eyebrows. That man looks familiar, he thought. His eyes darkened when he realized the person inside the BMW. He tightened the grip on the gun inside his pocket and approached him.
 
"Get out of our territory." He knocked on the glass.
 
Lee Joon looked at him and his smile fell when he saw L.Joe's furious face.
 
"Byungh--"
 
"Do not call me that, Traitor. You left us and  now you're spying on Jihye?" He smirked.
 
"I just miss this place." Lee Joon said.
 
"You shouldn't leave in the first place. The moment you stepped out of this territory, we erased every trace of you." He said.
 
Lee Joon sighed and nod. He stared the engine and slowly reversed the car.
 
"Don't come back anymore. You'll never be welcomed anymore." L.Joe said before Lee Joon speed off.
 
*****

Lee Joon scanned the whole room, ignoring the squealing of the female students. His eyes stopped at Jihye who's sitting at the back of the class, quietly talking to Seungri. Her eyes are alert. He can see how tense she is. Seungho clears his throat and the class turned silent. Jihye mumbled something before she stared at his leader.
 
"We would like to interview each one of you. Based on our research, the youngest child of Choi Clan has been attending this school, which increase our suspicion, that the culprit behind all the crime might be one of Choi Clan's enemy. We need to find out who is the child of Choi Clan in order to make the list of suspects." Seungho said.
 
Lee Joon's head snapped towards him, his face paled. He glanced at Jihye and Seungri who froze on their seat. Jihye's face is as pale as his, if not more. He noticed her holding Seungri's hand and he took a deep breath. A pang of guilt shot through his heart when she caught his eyes. Her eyes are filled with anger, accusation, and moreover, disappointment.
 
 

2013.04.12 friday