Friends

Cheonsa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     Haneul soon became accustomed to Infinite's habit of leaving for periods of time, although one or two of them would always stay back to watch her. Within a few days, Infinite had also noticed remarkable improvement in her condition, and they were a bit more at ease knowing that her health was now stable. The only thing that didn't seem to be improving was her memory, and the fact that couldn't remember where she came from left her feeling helpless. She was stranded on Earth with no way of knowing what to do, and Sungkyu could tell by the way she tended to pace aimlessly around the house that she was anxious.

     It was getting late, but all of Infinite was currently out except for L, leaving Haneul without much to occupy herself with. L wasn't very prone to conversation—he had barely spoken a word to Haneul ever since Infinite had found her in the alleyway—but the quietness didn't bother her. She liked the tranquility.

     Bored of sitting around alone, Haneul walked into the living room, carrying a bowl of grapes with her as she sat down on the sofa next to L, who was watching TV in silence. She still didn't understand why humans seemed to enjoy watching these colorful screens with pictures on them so much, but she played along every once and a while for the sake of fitting in and pretended to be interested in whatever it was the humans were watching. The case was the same now, and Haneul tried to keep her attention fixated on the baseball game that was in progress. She picked a grape off of its little vine branch, munching on the ripe fruit as she finally peered over at L curiously.

     "You don't talk very much, do you?" she said, more of an observation than a question as she popped another grape into .

     L peered at her out of the corner of his eye, then returned his gaze to the television. Still seemingly unbothered by his apparent lack of a reaction, she calmly placed her hand over his. He almost flinched at the contact, then looked down at her hand, suddenly wondering if she knew about the nights he spent secretly tapping into her peaceful thoughts.

     Why do you not speak? she asked instead, and it took him a moment to realize that she hadn't said it out loud—it was her thoughts.

     "Why?" he glanced at her, "Was there something in particular you wanted to talk about?"

     "No," she shook her head, eating another grape, "Just curious. As far as humans

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter