Crux

Cheonsa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     "Get healed up, then get some rest," Sungkyu said to L when they had made it home that night. With the help of Sungjong, Dongwoo, and Hoya, he had managed to convince L not to step up for any more fights—after what had happened in the alley, none of them wanted to see any more action.

     L shook his head at Sungkyu's words. "I'm fine."

     Sungkyu looked at him strangely. "What do you mean you're fine? You're covered in your own blood for Christ's sake, go get healed up."

     "I don't need her," L replied, and the conviction in his voice made Sungkyu hesitate. Of course, the explicit message was rejection of Haneul's healing powers, which would be understandable for a prideful fighter like L after losing a fight, but Sungkyu felt like they were suddenly discussing more than just that.

     "Who are you trying to convince, me or you?"

     L didn't reply as he disappeared to the bedroom for the night, where he took it upon himself to sleep in the bed farthest away from Haneul. Sungkyu knew he had him, but he wondered how long it would take before the stubborn boy would stop lying to himself; he wondered how long it would take before the boy would break.

 

. : .

 

     It was late into the night when sound once again brought Zelo back to consciousness. Again he could hear footsteps, but this time they were coming towards him. A familiar voice chattered away while the other person walked in silence, but after a moment both the footsteps and the voice suddenly stopped.

     "Zelo?" Jongup called out as he and Himchan ran over to where he lay on the ground. ", help me lift him," said Jongup as they each grabbed one of his arms, "Come on, let's get you home." Zelo protested to the movement at first, but then stood up, his arms hanging over each of their shoulders. "Who the did this to you?" Jongup asked as Zelo looked up at him weakly.

     Zelo coughed, but then grabbed his side in pain. "In-Infinite."

     Himchan and Jongup glanced at each other, mutual anger appearing within their widened eyes. Before they ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter