Home

Cheonsa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     Haneul looked around absentmindedly, curiously poking through different items that were on the dresser—a handheld screen that lit up with colors when she pressed the button on its surface, some smelly liquid in a glass container, a bunch of flat metal sticks with teeth (she heard they were called 'keys'), and many other unknown objects that fascinated her. She picked up the glass container and sat down with it, turning it over in her hands as she wondered what it could be.

     Dongwoo walked into the bedroom freshly showered, only to find Haneul sitting cross-legged on the bed as she examined a cologne bottle in her hand.

     "What are you doing?" he asked as he watched her.

     She blinked at him. "You told me to wait. You said 'not now, I'm going to have a shower, so just wait,'" she said, attempting to speak in a deep voice that ended up sounding nothing like Dongwoo's.

     He chuckled, shaking his head with a small smile. "I didn't mean you had to sit around and do nothing."

     "What else would I do? I told you I was bored," she puffed out her cheeks slightly, then held up the bottle she was holding, "What's this?"

     "That's a bottle."

     "What's a bot-tle?"

     "It's the thing you're holding with cologne in it," he tried to explain.

     "What's a co-lone?"

     "Cologne," he corrected, "You…wear it to make you smell nice."

     She opened the bottle to take a whiff, but she immediately cringed at the strong scent.

     "Pabo, it'll be too strong if you do that," he took the bottle from her, spraying a little on himself and putting it safely away with the rest of his belongings, right beside his phone and his keys that were on the dresser. "See? Now I smell good."

     Haneul walked right up to him without hesitation and Dongwoo watched her with a curious expression as she sniffed him. She scrunched up her face again, "Nope, still too strong. You smelled better before."

     "Don't worry, it'll fade away eventually," he laughed, poking her nose with his finger.

     Haneul looked around. "Are you still busy? Can't we do something fun now?"

     "I have to go out somewhere. Can I trust you to stay here on your own?" he asked, and Haneul frowned.

     "That's even more boring," she pouted, then brightened with an idea, "I'll come with you!"

     "…I don't know if that's a good idea."

     "Please," she looked up at him with wide, pleading eyes, "You won't even notice I'm there, I promise." He looked at her hesitantly, and Haneul decided to change her tactic. "You're supposed to be looking after me, remember? You can't just leave me here alone."

     Dongwoo sighed, defeated. This girl may be the epitome of innocence, but she was ruthless when it came to getting her way and had a knack for getting people to cave into her. She must have been catching on to Sungyeol's manipulative ways.

 

     Before long, Haneul found herself in an unfamiliar neighborhood. Even though Infinite didn't live in a very good area, this neighborhood was strikingly different. The houses were not as nice, the sidewalks not as clean, the sun not quite as warm. Or at least it seemed that way—Haneul found herself with a bit of a chill.

     Dongwoo glanced around uneasily. "You really shouldn't be here. This isn't even Infinite territory."

     Haneul averted her eyes to the ground, trailing close to his side as they walked. Eventually, they reached a shabby old apartment building, with worn-down bricks and rusted metal hinges that creaked as the door opened, thirsty for oil.

     "What is this place?" Haneul asked, looking around the dark hallway as they stepped inside.

     Dongwoo was silent for a moment, his face hard while Haneul tried to keep up with his swift pace as they continued walking. "I live here," he said, "Well, I used to."

     She blinked in surprise as she looked around yet again at the dirty walls, the crumbled plaster, the thread barren carpet that covered the floor of the hallway. There were a few lights positioned at even intervals in the ceiling, but some were burnt out while others flickered dimly. Small cobwebs li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter