Flower

Cheonsa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     “There’s no way,” Hoya said in a hushed voice from where he sat beside Sungjong. “There’s no way you can expect me to sit here and do nothing while those scumbags are out walking our streets.”

     Sungkyu shook his head for the umpteenth time. “The only benefit we could get from going against BAP is personal satisfaction. There’s no reason for us to take a risk like that; all we’ll be doing is starting a war between our groups.”

     Woohyun, who had been thinking to himself in the corner, finally spoke up. “What kind of message does that send to them?” he asked quietly, “Infinite has gotten where he have because of the mere fact that we never let anyone else have the upper hand over us. We’re always the ones calling the shots.”

     “I see what you’re saying, but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything,” said Dongwoo. “It was all just revenge up until now. They’ve done the damage they intended, now they have no reason to go against us either.”

      L glanced over from Haneul’s bedside. “No, I think he’s right,” he whispered, “If we let them have this victory, who’s to say they won’t make another move against us in the future? If Haneul’s right and they started some kind of angel rebellion, then they’re clearly persistent and ambitious for power. It’s better to put them in their place now before they start thinking they have what it takes to go against us.”

     The others mulled over his words in silence, and Haneul stirred in her sleep. L suddenly felt the disapproval coming from her thoughts and instinctively let go of her hand for a moment as guilt settled over him.

     “No,” she cracked open her eyes, “Don’t be so reckless by putting yourselves in such danger. No fighting, please.”

     “You don’t understand how these things work,” L carefully reasoned, smoothing back her hair with a gentle hand, “It could be even more dangerous to do nothing at all.”

     Letting the issue go, as she was too tired to argue, Haneul’s eyes fell upon the other side of the room where Sungyeol’s bed was now empty.

     “Where is he?” she inquired, and the boys glanced at each other.

     “He’s sleeping on the couch,” Sungkyu replied, “He feels really bad about what happened. He’s blaming himself for your condition.”

     “Come on Sungjong, let’s go check on him,” said Hoya, nudging the younger boy out of the room with him. Sungjong sent Haneul a small smile as he left. He was still shaken up. Though his movements were hesitant, his mind was on edge, and Haneul noticed that his eyes weren’t quite as bright as they used to be.

     “I think Sungyeol just needs some time,” Sungkyu continued, “He’s convinced that his magnetism to danger is just going to end up getting you hurt.”

     Haneul frowned. First Hoya, and now Sungyeol—that was now two people that didn’t want to be around her. She didn’t like the feeling, knowing that people would rather take the effort to avoid her than be around her at all.

     The days following weren’t much different. L would stay by her side when he could, but Sungyeol remained in the living room and the other members were not often around—Hoya the scarcest of all. It was early one afternoon, when the others were out and Sungjong was home to look after Sungyeol, that a change in Haneul’s daily rhythm finally shook her out of her stupor.

     “Sungjong… Sungjong!" 

     From out in the living room, Sungjong froze at the sound of Haneul’s cries. He bolted out of his seat, running to the bedroom faster than he had ever before, only to find her sitting upright in her bed with a flowerpot in her hands.

     "Look!" She held out her potted plant for him to see, and lo and behold, the little bud had bloomed. "Isn't it pretty?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter