Memories

Cheonsa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     Aish, it's really no use, a disgruntled Sungyeol sat up from his bed after tossing and turning for hours. He was never known for being an early riser, but for some reason he just couldn't sleep anymore. He had a bad feeling about it though, as he had a strange habit of having restless nights whenever trouble was near, not to mention an unfortunate magnetism to danger. Rubbing his face tiredly, he dismissed his concerns and walked over to the door. Just as he was about to leave, he paused for a moment as he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. Turning back to look at the others who were still sleeping, he couldn't help but notice L and Haneul, who were holding hands as they slept peacefully.

     He thought of waking up L just to accuse him of god-knows-what, but quickly discarded the notion. He knew better than to try and wake up L. Even when that boy was sleeping, his guards were up even higher than normal, and his quick defensive instincts were lethal. Sungyeol remembered the time that Sungjong had made the mistake of grabbing L while he was asleep. In a matter of seconds, L had not only woken up, but had put Sungjong in an arm lock so tight that he tore a ligament in his shoulder.

     What's this guy trying to pull? A girl comes, and he's already after her? He thought, then shook his head in disregard. Ahh, whatever, he thought as he left to the kitchen to make coffee.

     By the time L was up, most of Infinite was as well. When L walked into the kitchen alone, Sungyeol surveyed him curiously.

     "Where's Haneul?" he asked, and L just gave him an oblivious glance.

     "Probably still sleeping," he replied tiredly.

     "Ahh," Sungyeol nodded, but then his attention was taken by the leader as Sungkyu walked into the room with a rather serious expression.

     "Is everyone here?" Sungkyu quickly looked around to check, "Alright, listen up guys… I'm sure you've all noticed it too, but it's been way too quiet around the city lately. I need you guys to do a quick sweep around territory limits; see if you can pick up any information from the streets. Ask Mithra if he's noticed anything unusual." Mithra was the regional emcee that handled many of the underground events, and was a good friend of Infinite's. He also happened to own a gym that he reserved an entire section of for Infinite to train at their leisure.

     Infinite nodded their heads—they knew exactly what Sungkyu was talking about. Most of the time, Infinite kept the smaller gangs in line, but even the darkest areas of Seoul had been unnaturally quiet lately. When you had been in the game as long as Infinite, you knew that things like these didn't just happen by coincidence.

     "I know you guys are getting impatient staying stuck at home, so I'll watch Haneul," Sungkyu continued, then proceeded to give instructions as to what needed to be done that day.

     Just as Haneul made her way out of the bedroom, she noticed everyone leaving.

     "Morning sleepyhead," Sungjong grinned, waving at her as he and Woohyun walked out the door.

     "Annyeong," Dongwoo patted her on the head as he followed.

     "Why is everyone exiting?" Haneul asked disappointedly, not quite getting the verb usage right.

     Sungyeol grinned innocently, pinching her cheek, "Don't worry; we'll be back later."

     "Yah, hurry up. You can flirt with the angel later," Hoya hastened Sungyeol to get going.

     Sungyeol scoffed. "Me? Are you kidding? L's the one who was…" He stopped his sentence midway as he made eye contact with L. L stared back at him, his cynical glare practically daring him to finish his sentence. "Ah…never mind," Sungyeol said as he quickly followed the others outside.

     L cocked his head to the side slightly. He knows, he thought as he glanced back at Haneul for a moment, then closed the door behind him as he left as well.

     Turning to face Sungkyu, the only one left in the house, Haneul shrugged and made her way into the kitchen. After eating breakfast, they both sat in the quiet house. The apartment was small and certainly cramped with all eight of them,  but it felt strangely empty without the usual commotion. Sungkyu noticed the thoughtful expression on Haneul's face, and he could practically hear the wheels turning in her head.

     "Something on your mind?" he asked, and she smiled meekly, shaking her head. Wanting to know what she was really thinking, he grabbed her hand, trying to take advantage of the telepathy, but she blocked out her thoughts. After a moment, he frowned. "It's about the others,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter