Thief

Cheonsa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     "Let's head back," Sungkyu said as Infinite finished at the gym for the day. Some of the members had already left, though Haneul had stayed  since she wanted to go to a book store before going home. She reminded Sungkyu of this as he got ready to leave.

     "Oh yeah, anyone want to take her?" he asked, then mentally slapped himself when he realized the only members left were Hoya, Sungyeol, and L. He could have bet his life on who was about to answer.

     "I'll take her," Sungyeol offered, and Haneul smiled thankfully at him.

     Immediately, L stepped to her other side. "No need, I'll take her," he said.

     The two boys stared at each other for a moment, and Sungkyu shook his head in annoyance. "Forget it, both of you are coming with me," he told them, "Hoya, you take her."

     "But–" They both tried to object, but there was no way Sungkyu was about to let them fight over something as trivial as walking to the store. He shook his head, and their egos were effectively deflated as they reluctantly followed their leader out.

     Hoya's face fell. "Why me?"

     Sungkyu's response could barely be heard as he exited through the door without pause. "Just do it."

     Hoya gave Haneul a look as he stuck his hands into his pockets. "Whatever, come on."

 

     The bookstore was the opposite direction from home, and by the time they had reached it Hoya felt like he had already wasted enough time. "Just get what you came for already," he hurried Haneul along, looking disinterestedly over the nearest table of bestselling titles.

     Just as Haneul walked down one isle, a flash of platinum blond in the corner of Hoya's eye drew his attention to the other side of the store where a boy stepped out from behind a nearby shelf. A familiar looking bandana hung from his pocket, and in his left hand he held a book which he returned to the shelf before making his way out, not even giving Hoya a glance as he walked by. Although it wasn't a face he recognized, Hoya was sure the boy had to be with BAP, for the bandana in his pocket was unmistakably the same as those worn by the others.

     "This place is wonderful," he heard Haneul comment happily.

     He found the angel gaping at the overflowing shelves of books containing countless stories and information on every topic imaginable. It was a small shop, so it didn't take long before Haneul had found the language section near the back. There were so many different versions of the same thing that she wondered how she was supposed to find the best one, and she settled upon whatever was prettiest. Picking up one of the many dictionaries, one with sturdy binding and a colorful cover, Haneul peeked inside its pages and saw that it was filled with pictures. The illustrations made it much easier to understand what the words meant, and Haneul knew she had found just the right book for her.

     "I want this one," she said, and Hoya raised an eyebrow as he gave the book a quick glance.

     "Really? You know that's for kids, right?"

     Haneul nodded confidently, "It will do just fine."

     Holding her head high with dignity and clutching the children's dictionary in the crook of her arm like it was a scholarly textbook, Haneul turned to walk towards the checkout. But before she had even walked two steps, Hoya snatched the book out of her hold, rolling his eyes as he stuffed it inside his jacket.

     "If you're done here, let's go," he said, already walking towards the entrance, and Haneul hurried to catch up with him.

     Just as they were about to leave the st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter