Happiness

Cheonsa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     "They'll all be at the gym by now," said Sungyeol as he and Haneul hurriedly left the sisters' shop. With his newfound knowledge about BAP, he felt uneasy about these new rivals and hoped that Sungkyu would know what to make of the situation.

     The late afternoon sun cast long shadows against the buildings and light posts as he made his way through busy streets, Haneul clinging to his arm like a child in the ocean about to be swept away by the tide.

     "You know, it's good that you're getting familiar with these surroundings in daylight. It's a lot different how I'm used to it, at nighttime," he said as he thought for a moment, "Definitely no place for someone like you."

     "Someone like me?" Haneul raised an eyebrow, "Are we really that different, you and I?"

     Sungyeol let out a dry laugh, "Stay pure, okay? After so many years on these streets, I sometimes forget what that means."

     "Pure?" Haneul still didn't know what he meant, "But you are pure."

     This time, Sungyeol was the confused one. "Do you really think that?"

     She reached over and poked the left side of his chest. "Your heart," she explained, "It is pure and good, I can feel it. That's why I like being around you."

     "You know I fight too, right? Just like the others."

     Haneul nodded, "Your recreational preferences are strange, I'll give you that."

     Sungyeol was quiet, not quite sure of what to say. He was grateful that she thought so highly of him, but he almost felt like he was deceiving her if she really saw him as a good person. He was happy enough with his life as it was, but sometimes he thought about the choices he had made. Growing up in orphanages and foster homes, he had met many kids who had been abandoned by their parents. But Sungyeol wasn't abandoned; his parents had passed away. He still could have become a son that his parents would have been proud of, but the fact that he hadn't made him disappointed in himself. Though when he really thought about it, it seemed like it was far too late for that anyways.

 

     At Mithra's gym, the rest of Infinite was passing the daylight by training—it was a usual day for them, as they waited for nightfall for the real fun to begin. Hoya was helping Sungjong improve his sparring technique, Woohyun was free lifting, Dongwoo and L were listening to music while running on the treadmill, and Sungkyu was in the midst of wrapping his hands near the punching bags when Sungyeol and Haneul showed up.

     Surprised to see them, Sungkyu was the first to notice their entrance as he secured the velcro on his wrist, and the expression on Sungyeol's face told him that something was wrong.

     "Why the dark face?" the leader asked as Haneul waved to him happily, seemingly free of any worry that may have been brooding in Sungyeol's mind.

     "Do you remember those blond guys from the fight the other day?" the younger asked, launching right into the news he had come to deliver.

     Sungkyu nodded. Of course he remembered them—the young man that had been beaten unconscious, the silent fighter with the burning eyes, the charmer with the devilish smirk, and the leader whose abrasive personality had been contentious to say the least. Sungkyu hadn't liked the feeling in his gut when they had met, and ever since their first encounter, he couldn't shake the feeling that it wouldn't be their last. "Yeah, I remember them alright," he replied.

     "Well, apparently she does too," Sungyeol continued, pointing in Haneul's direction, "They're from her world."

     The others glanced over as they heard Sungyeol's words, and it took Sungkyu a moment to realize what he meant. "You mean…" He glanced at Haneul as if searching for some kind of an explanation, but the angel in front of him only nodded in confirmation.

     "They were cruel hearted beings," Haneul frowned, "There is no place for such tainted souls in the realm of the Divine. They were sent here as a result of their sins and are human now. "

     Sungkyu fiddled with the velcro strap on his wrist, taking a moment to wrap his head around what this would mean for Infinite. "Do they know who they are?" he asked, and Haneul shook her head.

     "No, memory is wiped before sending an angel to the Mortal Realm," Haneul easily clarified, recalling the vision of BAP's banishment. Not a moment later, her face pale

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter