Enemies

Cheonsa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     Haneul didn't seem to want to talk much about her dreams over the days that followed. Increasingly infatuated with an inexplicable desire to be around humans, however, she had somehow managed to convince Sungkyu to bring her with them to an underground fight. It wasn't so much the fighting she wanted to see, but the people. She wanted to be around Infinite, and she wanted a glimpse into their life outside of the home she spent her days cooped up inside with nothing but her silly little dreams and her silly little plant that still didn't want to grow.

     At first, Sungkyu had refused, saying that it was no place for an innocent girl like her to be around. But surprisingly, it was Hoya of all people to take Haneul's side and say that it would be good for her to get out more. However, as shocked as Sungkyu was at this, it didn't take him long to figure out Hoya's true intentions—he would be fighting that night, and Haneul would be like a first aid kit on standby.

     Still wondering how he had been talked into the whole situation, Sungkyu led the way to a fight arena within Infinite's territory. Mithra was the regional emcee and would be handling the night's event, so Sungkyu was at least eased by the thought that Haneul would still be safe on their turf.

     This hope, however, was derailed soon after arriving at the warehouse. It was small compared to the last one Infinite had gone to, but it was just as crowded and just as noisy. Infinite found Mithra near the fighting ring, speaking to two other men.

     "Hyung, good to see you," Sungkyu and Mithra shook hands casually, and Mithra introduced them to the two men he had been talking to—Tablo and Tukutz.

     "You guys chose a hell of a time to show up," Mithra laughed, "I was almost starting to worry that news had gotten to you and you were planning something bigger."

     "News?" Dongwoo asked curiously.

     "Haven't you heard?" Tablo spoke up, "These new guys, showing up outta nowhere. Big bunch of arrogant blondies looking for a scrap. Call themselves BAP or some nonsense."

     Tukutz nodded, "But they're good, whoever they are."

     L raised an eyebrow, "Did you say blond?"

     "You think that Jongup guy is one of them?" Sungjong caught on as well, remembering the boy Woohyun had fought.

     Sungkyu nodded, "No doubt. You think we're going to have any problems with them?"

     "These guys are bad news," Mithra his teeth, "I don't know who they are, but they just showed up out of nowhere and it's like they already think they own the place. A few of them are here tonight."

     Sungkyu nodded, and then noticed that Haneul was missing. "Where's–"

     "Probably with Woohyun," Sungyeol seemed to read his thoughts, also bringing to attention that Woohyun was gone as well, "I'll go look for them."

 

     Meanwhile, Woohyun did in fact follow Haneul after she had managed to wander off without anyone noticing. He had only noticed because the swell of people that had cut Haneul off from the group had also gotten in his way, and at the last moment he happened to see Haneul moving in the opposite direction from Infinite as the crowd pushed her along.

     "Hey," he tapped her arm from behind, "You shouldn't go off on your own."

     Haneul turned around to face him. "Oh, sorry. I got separated by the crowd. They sure can fit a lot of people in here for such a small space," she exclaimed in wonder.

     Woohyun glanced through the crowd to see where Infinite had gone, and his eyes immediately landed upon a platinum blond head of hair.

     "No way," Woohyun scoffed under his breath. Jongup turned around, and the two fighters locked eyes. Surprisingly, he began making his way over.

     Haneul noticed the boy coming towards them and she stared at his bright hair in amusement, but also noticed the matured bruises and scabs covering his face. She was strongly compelled to reach out and heal the wounds, but she remembered Sungkyu's order to keep herself unnoticed, so she held her hands tightly behind her back to resist the urge. She had been told not to let anyone know that she wasn't human.

     "Didn't expect to see you here," Woohyun said as Jongup stopped in front of him. They may have been rivals, but Woohyun was at least civil enough to make conversation.

     "I come and go," Jongup replied, "Just supporting tonight."

     W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter