Massive Overturn

(ON HOLD)Cheondung Missing at the Airport

Unlike Cheondung who could operate and work completely well under the first argument, Val had a hard time coping with it. She was so distraught that her boss deemed her unable to work for the day so he sent her off earlier than it was possible.

“B-bu-but I still have my segment to onto! My people are going to wonder where I am and you can’t do the show without me. We don’t have enough people today. So many are sick with the flu that’s been going around we need all the help we can get!” She tried to reason with her boss to let her stay but her boss was not budging even an inch.

“You’re right, we can’t operate without you but I’ll think we’ll manage. Your people is just going to have buy the crap I tell them and in case you haven’t notice, only Darren that was sick and the rest of the team is here so I think you need to go home and get some rest and relax. You look like you need it.” Her boss shooed her away and she could do nothing except walk back home.

“That was the point of coming to work. To not relax and exhaust myself to the point I can’t even think about anything, especially that stupid fight. Ugh! This is so not fair!” She gripped her hair and plops down on a bench nearby.

She couldn’t help but think and rewind back again from last night.

“He doesn’t understand. It’s not easy as he thinks.” She says to herself and got up and just continues walking back home.

When she reached home, she called out to everyone but nobody was there. She saw a note on the door and saw that Grandpa brought Gina out and probably be out late for dinner and told her to save some dinner for the two of them.

She walked, got rid of her bag and shoes and went into her room and change her clothes. She took a rough glance at the house and saw that it was clean but not clean enough so she decided to take on the chores while she waits for her sisters to come home from school.

After a few hours and she noticed that it was way past time for them to come home, she grabbed her phone to call the eldest among the girls only to see that she got a message from her.

“Hey Val, me and the girls are going to grab something to eat and stay over a bit, just a little bit, at their houses. And when I say the girls, I meant my friends and my sisters too. They have friends over so they won’t be bored so don’t worry. Oh and there’s no boys too! L SAD. KIDDING. Just thought you should know. Dad knows btw.”

Val replies them back, telling them to be careful and not be late for dinner and continues her work. After she dried the laundry, she collapses on the couch and falls asleep immediately.

When she woke up later on, she never thought that the person in front of her was real. She knew today was going to be different but she didn’t expect this much of an overturn.

There, sitting on the coffee table, smiling at her and caring at her like before was Gina’s dad, Val’s first love or so she thought then.