Chapter 3

Enemies-OT1

In class, I sat down in my seat and waited for the bell to ring.  Just as it started ringing, Zelo slipped in class and sat next to me.  He was wearing one of his weird tricked out masks.  Whatever.  He's just weird!  Our teacher glanced at him then looked at her paper disapprovingly.


"Mr. Choi, take your mask off."  she barked.


Blondie clenched his fists and narrowed his eyes but eventually complied.  When he took his mask off he sort of turned away from me.  


Whatever I thought, waiting until our teacher told us what to do.  She called out a partner group and said she would be talking to us about our projects individually, so we could work on it while she was busy with each group.  I turned toward Zelo, expecting him to look at me, but he remained still.


"Hello!" I said slightly waving "earth to bubble head!" He still didn't move.

I leaned forward to get a better look at his face, but he turned his head further away.  I saw a flash of purple and yellow on his face before he turned.  Confused, I stayed still thinking about the situation.  Suddenly it dawned on me and I reached out to yank his face to where I could see it.  On the side of his mouth there was a huge discolored bruise that was purple blue and red, with yellow around it.  My eyes burned with some emotion I couldn't grasp and I hissed

"Who did this?"  


His eyes were angry and in pain.


"Doesn't matter" he spat out around my death grip on his face.


"Zelo…" I said, halfway between anger, shock and annoyance. "tell me right. now." I said emphasizing the last words.


"Mind your own business!" he almost yelled. 

We glanced around in chagrin realizing that we were too loud.  I whispered back


"Damn right it isn't.  Like you said yesterday, we still are technically "going out" so it is my business."


He tried to move his face but I held it still.  After a few moments of silence, I let go and sat back crossing my arms, still looking at him.  He sighed and some anger dropped off of his face.  


"It was just that guy from yesterday" he didn't specify who, I knew. "I found him waiting for you to leave so I beat him up.  He got a few punches on my mouth before he stopped though."


I stared at him silently then said


"We are going to the nurse right now.  No, i don't care what you say, we are, so it up."


He glared at me but i just ignored him and went to get a pass from the teacher.  I dragged him out of class and down to the nurse's office where we got an ice pack, a disinfecting wipe and a few steri-strips.  He sat down in the chair as I started disinfecting his face, then closing the cut near his lip with the steri strips.  I gave him the ice pack to put on his brui-
 
Suddenly it dawned on me and I leaned back in my seat, crossing my arms and trying to make sense of my emotions.  Very calmly I spoke,


"Zelo.  Why is there a bruise on the side of your mouth?"


He turned back towards me finally and I caught the full view of his bruise.  I tried to stop myself from gasping or showing any distress.


"Just some kids" he said avoiding really answering my question.


"Hm, guess it's not my problem." I said after some thought.  His only response was a grunt.  All the while in my mind thoughts were swirling around in my head.  


He's hurt! Why?? Is it because of those jerks? If it is then i feel bad… but wait why should you?  He was't eve rice to you… but he was.  That's why.  Can't you see he is still a jerk? But he's not.  he has become something different!  But he probably still hates you, so it doesn't matter….

yeah…


I sighed at my thoughts and looked him again.


"If I were you, I would at least clean that up, but that's just me.." I said quietly with an air of nonchalance.


"Whatever" he sighed "Have you done your individual video thingy yet?"


"No, I'm doing it tonight, have you?"


"Yeah"


We sat and waited until it was our turn to talk to our teacher.  She said we were doing fine and to continue to go on dates and do things that couples do.  Whatever that means.  I was deep in thought as we went back to our seats.


"Let's have lunch together on Monday." said Zelo, bringing me back to the world.


"Hmm, what?  why?"


"For the project stupid."


"Oh… ok.  where?"


"Meet me outside the front doors of the school.  Then we can just find a place to sit."


"K" was all I said. 

We sat in silence for the rest of the period.  I would have gone over to Hyesun, but she was talking to Minho the whole time and they were smiling, so I didn't want to interrupt.  When the bell rang I got up and left without talking to Hyesun or Zelo.  It was a Friday, but I didn't have any plans so I just went home.  What a great day……..

 

 

 

SO.  What do you think?  Is it going too fast?  Is it going too slow?  Hmm?  Well thank you guys so much for reading, i love you all!!! please sub if you want and keep being the beautiful people you are!! have a kpoppy day!! :3