Chapter 21

Enemies-OT1

“So, Haneul-ssi, you live next door to us?”

“Um yes Mr. Choi.  I think I was here when you guys first moved here”

“Ahh, so how long have you lived here?”  Zelo’s mom then asked.

“Oh ever since I was born.  My parents bought that house when my mom was pregnant with me.”

“Wow, that must mean a lot to you then, that house.”

“Yes it does.  Hah I don’t know what I am going to do when I go to college.”

Everyone laughed at that and Zelo grabbed my hand underneath the table.  I smiled more and continued eating.

“You know Junhong here was the cutest baby…”

“UGGGGGH MOM!” he groaned

“What??” she asked innocently.

“You know I hate it when you use my real name..” he pouted.  I just squeezed his hand underneath the table, which caused him to smile.

“Ahh, ‘Zelo’ as you say, it’s just a habit… since that is what we named you at birth you know.  No big deal or anything.” His mom retorted.

I just laughed a little bit and continued to eat.  In order to eat, however, I had to take my hand out of his.  When I did, I thought out of the corner of my eye I saw him frown… weird.  Must have been my imagination.

“Mmm, Mr. and Mrs. Choi, this is amazing.  I must eat here more often!!” I laughed.

“YES!” they both almost yelled, startling me.

“You should eat over more!  Junhong has been very rude and hasn’t invited you.  We really enjoy seeing you and we love to talk to you!  Especially since you and Junhong have been in on this project together.” Mrs. Choi finished, saying the last part like she knew it was more than the project.  Was what Zelo and I had really more than just for a project grade?  Would we still be this close, or be friends after the project?  I was confused about our relationship, and I didn’t really like it.  I wanted to know that we were going to stay this close, so I would be able to at least be with him even if I wasn’t his girlfriend.  Even if he didn’t love me back. 

The last part, Mrs. Choi directed at Zelo “And she is our neighbor, so it is just common courtesy any way.”

He threw his hands up in apology.

“Sorry Umma, I just wanted to keep her to myself I guess”

She shook her head at that but let it drop.  Mr. Choi had a solution to the problem.

“How about we have a family dinner every Friday?”

“Yeah that sounds great! I can’t get enough of your guys' cooking!  And it will be nice to get some dirt on….. I mean learn about Zelo’s childhood!” I teased, smiling angelically at Zelo.  He laughed and playfully pushed my shoulder.

“Yah don’t make me hide all my baby pictures!”

“Hah! I would find them in a heart beat.”

“Mmmhmmm suree….” He smiled.

Mr. and Mrs. Choi just laughed and shook their heads in affection at our banter.  By this time we had finished dinner and both Zelo and I helped clean up.  I said my good byes to his mom and dad, then we left to walk over to my house.  We held hands again which was good because it helped chase the bad dreams away.  Just for a little bit though.  We ended up at my front door.  I started talking about our project.

“So I was thinking that we should do a video entry together for the last part of our project, then I can edit all of the video entries together, unless you don’t want me to see some entries…”

I continued on rambling as Zelo just looked at me and kept nodding and humming replies.  I eventually stopped

“… and why are you looking at me like that Zelo?”

He looked into my eyes a bit startled.

“Huh? Oh umm….” He sorta looked down and scratched his neck, turning a cute shade of pink.  I was confused, but he finished his not-so-sentence by looking up and lightly but quickly kissing my cheek, then looking down again and shuffling away, embarrassed.  I was surprised but didn’t want him to leave.

“Yah, Zelo, what are you just going to do a kiss and run?  Come back here, I’m not done talking.”

He froze in mid step, then came shuffling back, turning deeper shades of red from his blush.

“Umm… hi.” Was all he could muster. 

I laughed and looked up from under his downcast eyes to catch them.  “What was that for?” I asked.

“Umm… I thought that’s what couples do..” he responded after a little bit of thinking.  I sort of deflated a little bit, knowing he was probably just thinking about the project. 

“Well it was very nice of you.” I responded smiling politely.

He looked up at me then came closer and kissed me quietly on the lips this time, taking me by surprise once again.  I decided that I could get used to feeling the pressure of his lips on mine.  It was a nice feeling. A very nice feeling.  Yes indee-

He looked up and smiled.

“Was there something else you had to say?” he asked

I smiled, “No, I just didn’t want you to leave quite yet”

“Ahh, well I think I have to.”

“Yeah… I guess so” I responded a bit dismally, dropping my eyes to the ground.

“Hey, if you have nightmares, just text or call and I will scare them away” he promised while lifting my chin and looking at me reassuringly.  I smiled and said thanks. 

He left and I went inside and to my room.  On my way I stopped by my parents room to let them know I was alive.  They were chill with it, so I didn’t get in trouble for being away from the house without telling them.  I had amazing parents.   In my room I changed into my pajamas and grabbed my stuffed red panda so I could watch the stars.  My room had a great view and I could sit on my bed while watching the stars.  My bed was a major stuffed animal zone and I liked it that way.  I loved stuffed animals.  My pajamas were lavender and very fuzzy and warm.  I eventually fell asleep surprisingly easy, exhausted from the sleepless nights previously.  Thankfully my sleep was pretty quiet, with only a few dreams flitting on the edges of my consciousness, and good dreams at that…

 

 

AHHHH! first kiss time!! Oh yes! but sorry it's so short!! I really enjoyed writing this chapter and I hope you guys enjoyed it!! Thanks for reading, please comment and subcribe if you want to!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! love you guys :33 muah~