Chapter 25

Enemies-OT1

A/N:  Guys... What did I do?  I'm so sorry.... I'm not sure if you guys can handle it.  Just please don't hate me, ok?  Here it is..

 

 

“Psst!” 

I groaned.  I could live without this interruption tonight.

“Yah!” came another shout-whisper.

“What?!” I whispered back still laying in bed.

“Come to the window!” he whispered to me pleadingly.

I sighed really loudly to show my displeasure, then shoved my covers off of me and stomped over to the window.  I looked to the blonde boy in annoyance.

“What do you want?” 

He was in full clothes, holding his skateboard with his left hand and the polaroid camera in his right. 

“Come with me.  I can’t sleep!” he complained in a soft voice.

It was Thursday night, 11:47 pm to be exact and I had been worrying all night, and before that, about turning in our project.  We had to present to the class so that means everyone would see my attachment to Zelo, including him.  I was nervous to say the least.  But with him standing right here, I couldn’t help but say yes.  This may be the last time I would get to spend time with him in a close, easy going way. 

“Fine, give me a minute.”

I quickly changed into real clothes and packed a little backpack to wear.  On my way out of my room, I grabbed the skateboard he gave me and tiptoed quietly past my parents’ room.  The door made a soft woosh as I eased it shut and turned around.  Zelo was right there, so close to me I could feel his feather light breath.  He looked at me with indecipherable eyes.  I froze where I was, getting lost in his face, his small nose, the mischevious set to his jaw, the blonde smooth hair that I so loved.  His light pink lips that I could still feel on my cheek.  I took it all in waiting for him to say something to break the spell, and wishing he wouldn’t.  He leaned in closer letting his lips press against mine.  I could feel his nose on my cheek and I shuddered at the delicious sensation of it.  I didn’t ever want to lose this feeling.  But he pulled away, just like he would after the project ended and I would be left alone, feeling bereft and displeased.  He smiled at me with twinkly eyes and took my hand.  We got on our skateboards, eventually letting go of each other’s hands.  Too bad…

The wind whipped against my face as I tried to keep up with Zelo.  He was showing off and I was having a hard time keeping up. 

“Yah!  Slow down pabo!”  I yelled in laughter.  He just giggled and kept going.  We finally stopped at a park and lay on a picnic table side by side.  I breathed in the cool summer air and looked up at the stars, trying to find this thing called courage among their sightless depths.  There was one thing I wanted to ask of Zelo before tomorrow.  If I could just get the words out.

“Zelo…”  I tried but trailed off.

“Yeah Haneul?”

I was silent for a little bit then I let out a low breath.

“Will you…”  I softened my voice to a tentative whisper “Will you hold me?”  I finally asked, looking away in shame and fear. 

He sighed lightly, but then moved to put his arms around me and pull me into his chest.  My head stayed in the space between his shoulder and neck, and I could feel the warmth of his touch.  My eyes closed slowly as I sunk into this newfound feeling of closeness.  This I would surely miss.  This arm around me, this heart beating under me, this boy beside me.  I didn’t know how to think of a time when I would be ok without this.  I just kept sinking and sinking, feeling him beside me and becoming in sync with his breathing.  I glanced up at his eyes looking at me and I could see the warmth and life there.  The beauty that didn’t come from his looks.  He layed his cheek on my hair and we closed our eyes, not waiting for the dawn, not thinking about the project.  It was all right for once.  Eventually as is the way of things, we had to leave.  We were on our way home and he finally let me get ahead of him.  I looked back to laugh at him and when my mouth open for a different reason. 

“Zelo! Watch out!” 

I screamed at him, my eyes widening and my stomach lurching.  The car’s breaks made not one sound as the car sped by, not even slowing down to see who they had hit.  I tried to scream again, but this time no sound came out since I had no breath.  I nearly leaped off my skateboard and scrambled over to where Zelo lay, my hands fluttering uselessly over him, trying to fix him.  I leaned in close to listen for his breath, in denial.  I felt a slight tickle on my ear and I whispered his name with tears dripping out of my eyes.  I his face.  His eyes found mine and he whispered to me, whispered as if these words alone would have the power to save him.  As if he would always stay with me.  He whispered to me in a voice that was barely distinguishable.  I couldn’t quite hear the words slowly fall from his mouth and my tears kept falling more.  I leaned down to kiss his lips, trying to keep him with me.  That was all I could do.  The only bit of him that was still there, reaching for me.  The only connection I had to him.  My tears watered his cheeks, now so pale and bloodless.  Instead, I saw the blood spread out on the concrete underneath him, like it was slowly stealing his life away because, really, it was.  I cried more.  This couldn’t be real.  People don’t die like this.. do they?  But even I knew the answer to that question.  Yes they do.  They leave the world and everyone in it.  Now I would never hear his whisper at my window again, or laugh at his blonde hair that I secretly admired.  No, I wouldn’t see the twinkly expression in his eyes, or feel the life there.  I wouldn’t hear his voice call my name or say anything.  Most of all, I wouldn’t feel this boy, this beautiful boy that I loved so, I wouldn’t ever feel him next to me, holding me and breathing with me.  I would never feel him again.  He was never going to be by my side again.  These thoughts slowly trickled into my understanding and I couldn’t take it anymore.  My earsplitting shrieks filled the air as I sobbed and screamed at the same time.  I held onto him as tightly as I could, letting the blood stain my clothes and skin.  I screamed and lamented and poured my grief into the air, letting it fly there for everyone to hear.  I rocked back and forth trying to remember how to breathe.  My screaming sobs continued into the night…

 

 

 

I'm sorry, please don't hate me?  There will probably be one more chapter after this.... then it's over.  Thank you guys for reading, commenting and subscribing.  I love you all very much.  :3 Muah~