One New Text Message

Mission I-Love-You

"Seriously. How boring is this school uniform? I mean, it's like. . . so bland!" I whined. Doo Joon sighed and scratched his head.

"Can we switch to another topic? Please? We've been talking about the uniform for the past two hours!" Doo Joon complained. I pouted my lips. But the school uniform WAS lame. Who in the right mind matches grey with purple? It's not even pretty grey. It's an ugly, bland shade of grey. Utterly disgusting. Even the skirt is disgusting. The skirt reached all the way up to middle calf, and it was purple. It would look cute. . . on a three year old.

"Can't a girl rant about her uniform?" I asked. I twirled around, making the skirt ruffle. I examined myself on the mirror. It's a good thing I can look good in anything. Otherwise, I would look like a hippo wearing a purple skirt.

"No. As a matter of fact, we should be talking about the mission rather than the uniform. It's going to start tomorrow." Doo Joon responded back. I stiffened. Of course. The mission. How can I forget about it? Images flashed, voices were heard in my ears. If you don't do this, say bye bye to your life. I shut my eyes tightly, hoping that the voices would be gone. Say bye bye to your life. Suddenly, a hand was placed on my shoulder. I opened my eyes and saw that Doo Joon was looking at me with a worried look on his face.

"You okay?" He asked. I nodded. I felt his gaze on me. Sighing, I leaned into him. Doo Joon wrapped his arms around me. I clutched onto his back tightly. A lump was forming in my throat, and it pained me to push it down.

"I'm right here beside you. If you need any help, just ask." He murmured in my ear, sending a shiver down my back. I nodded. A shrill noice filled the room. Immediately, Doo Joon and I bounced back from each other. I looked at where the noise was coming from. It was none other my cell phone. Way to ruin the mood. I my phone and saw that I had a new message. I groaned. It was some stupid spam mail about a contest. The bottom line caught my eye.

Get ready! It starts tomorrow! Get ready indeed.