Chapter Eleven

Even when the Sun Rises

“And I think you’ve got it,” Rain said as we separated after being in the final pose which was me sitting at his feet cross legged.

“After what a hundred practices,” I joked panting. He smiled and then ran a hand through his hair.

“Do you want a drink?” I asked standing up and started to walk to the bar.

“Alright,” he said, “water thank you.” I nodded and went to run me and him a glass since the water in our bottles wouldn’t be cold.

“Here,” I handed him a glass as we sat at a table. He took a large gulp, I watched him swallow, intrigued by his Adam’s apple. He then poured some over his head which plastered his fringe against his forehead. I just sipped mine.

“How come you don’t dance outside, but in here?” He asked. I swallowed the water and took a deep breath out. He must have thought I was going to choke because he was slowly standing. I showed him I was ok.
 

“Well, I guess it’s because while I wanted to keep going my dad started to run into debt and we were low on money,” I then stared at my glass.

“But when we finally got the money, my mum died... After that going to the dance lessons didn’t feel the same, so I just gave up.” He nodded. I saw the ring again.

“Hey umm Rain… Just curious but umm…” I gave up asking and just touched the ring finger on my own hand. He peered closer and then turned to his own hand and stared at it.

“Hmm, my ex-girlfriend and I have a ring,” he said, “Korean tradition.” I nodded.

“Ah ok, so you both have the same ring?” He nodded.

“We split months ago, but I still want to be with her,” he didn’t look at me and he seemed unhappy.

Ok you should say something to cheer him up. He’s miserable Slots!  

“Umm,” he looked up, oops I should have finished.

“I’m sure that you and her can work things out, when you go back home.” I said finally swallowing a mouthful of water. He managed to make a small smile which lasted for a second.

“If you want to; I can get you dancing… In Korea, or anywhere in Asia,” he said standing up while I followed suit, “I know people who can help.” I nodded.

“Thank you, but I don’t know if I will, plus my mandarin is lousy.” He chuckled and I found myself smiling as a result.

“If you change mind,” he said as I gestured to take his glass with mine for me to wash them up, “I will let them know.” I nodded as I washed the glasses.

We turned off the stereo and took the CD out and grabbed our stuff before walking out of the room. We walked down the hall to the lifts. He pressed the up button and we both waited. We got in the lift and I pressed the button to the floor I was on and Rain did too. He was to get off first.

We were standing quietly, a good space between us.

“Hey,” he suddenly said as we got close to his floor, “do you… Err… Want to go and dance sometime?” I looked at him surprised.

“You mean? Go dancing one night?” I asked. He nodded.

“Yeah,” I wet my lips, the lift beeped, “I’ll think about it,” I said as the doors opened for him.

“Good,” he said walking through them, “night,” he said waving.

“Night,” I replied waving back just as the doors closed.

 

 Ok sorry for this being short! But there will be longer chapters to come!