3. "What can I get for you Bi?"

Even when the Sun Rises

I was glad to be called away from the pool by Mr. Francisco. From what I know usually when he calls for you when you’re on duty it isn’t meant to be good. But I wanted to be away from handsome Asian guys who could cause mass drownings!

I sat in his office, staring at the black and white photographs of his ferraris. My damp hair highlighted my back.
“So Slots,” He began writing something down on the paper before him. “Do you remember personally waiting on anyone?” I nodded.

“Of course, how could I forget?” I shivered as I remembered the first time. I had carried three buckets of ice to their quarters during their celebration up and down the fleet of stairs because the lifts were out of order.

“I’ve just been informed that Ji Hoon Jung or Bi Rain's assigned waitress has gone to hospital due to food poisoning.” Mr. Francisco told me. “Therefore I’m going to have you be his personal waitress for the next few months or so.” I phased out and then I blinked hard. I was going to wait on Bi?!
“H-Hold on sir,” I began, “you mean... You want me to be his maid?”

“No not his maid, his waitress. You’ll bring him food, drinks, the bills etc.” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Me? Be a personal waitress again? After that ridiculous first time?!

“Of course, you don’t have to be his waitress,” Mr. Francisco added, seeming to be deep in thought, “An old client has come to stay for a while. A Mr. Curtis Patrick I believe.” I became silent. I hadn’t heard that name in a long time.
“He’s back?” I asked, uneasy. I received a confirming nod.

“So you have to choose, either take the Asian celebrity or Curtis Patrick,” Mr. Francisco leaned back in his seat, “I’ll leave you to make the choice.” I thought for a moment. The answer seemed clearer now than before. “Alright,” I said with some reluctance. “I will serve Mr Jung.”

***

Awkward is an understatement of how I was feeling. I had to wear the special uniform. A black skirt with a white button up shirt and a small blue tie. My legs were revealled more than they had been in the shorts which wasn't something I was use to at work. I had been sitting in the kitchen waiting for Rain to make his first request. We normally get transmitters from which we get between our clients and us but there wasn't one ready for us to use now. The doors swung open to the secretary.
“Samantha,” she called. I sat up from hearing my name.

“Mr Jung called. He would like you to bring the food to his room.” Right, I hoped I had misheard her.

“He requests you bring it as soon as you can,” she added seeing as I wasn't moving. She pointed out the  trolley where the chefs were laying it with plates and plates of sushi. That must be what he wanted.
“His room number is VIP suite twenty eight. Go quickly." I nodded taking the end of the trolley and pushing it through the opening doors.

I came to his suite quickly thanks to the lifts working this time. I paused as I stood by the door, unsure if I really wanted to open it. I took a deep breath and knocked. “Umm Mr Jung," my confidence seemed to have gone. “I’ve brought your dinner…” The door opened and I stepped back. A moment later I found myself looking up at his boy-like face while he leaned in the doorway. I had to avert my eyes since he wasn't wearing a shirt but they slowly travelled downwards to the towel draped around his waist.

“Come in,” he said stepping to the side to keep the door open for me. I grabbed the trolley and I pushed it in. For the few times I'd been inside the VIP suites  usually the guests had everything strewn all over the place. But compared to them he was much, much cleaner. He had some garnments hanging over a chair and a pile sat on the unused side of the bed. Otherwise it was spick and span.
“Umm where would you like me to put this?” I asked as he walked to the bathroom.

“Please put it by the balcony,” he said locking the door with a click. I pushed it to the balcony, pressing the brakes on hard just in case. I took off one of the silver lids to see a noodle soup in a large white bowl with a fine green herb sprinkled on top.

“Your entrée, main course is all here plus the side dish you requested,” I explained to an empty space while water poured from the shower. “I will bring you the bill once you’ve you're finished." With this I went to the door not before I heard the shower stop. Within a minute the bathroom door unlocked and I his  wet footsteps padded along to where the trolley was parked. He'd changed into some jeans, left his hair damp, a blue shirt was strung over his shoulder. He leaned down and his face got a whisp of steam from the dish. Even with his eyes closed he still seemed to contain that unique charm only he was able to pull off.

I realised how awkward I looked just standing there. I was no better than those fan girls. “Umm, is there anything else you need?” I asked glancing at the floor. I heard him move and saw him standing up right and come over to me. He was about two inches taller, perfect height Bunny would say! Using his arm he pointed to his back.
“I hurt something while excercising.” I stared at him, then his shoulders and then at the whole picture.

“Y-you mean..” I figured it out with ease. “You want me to give you a massage?” He indicated a yes. What do I do? Normally we have a massuer to take care of it but for some reason I took matters into my own hands. “Umm I suppose I can give it a go.” He turned to me and I pointed at a chair.
“Take a seat,” I watched him walk over to the chair and to sink into it deeply. Taking a deep breath I rolled up my sleeves.

I can do this, I told myself. Sure it’s a bit weird, having to do this when all you are is a waitress but I’ve done this before. I’ll just pretend that it’s dad.

My dad has been working out,
I wasn’t able to picture him in his place. Clenching my fists tightly and then releasing them, I took a deep breath and stepped towards him. I’d learned to massage from an old friend, I wasn’t as experienced but I had a basic understanding of how to do it.

Feeling for the knots in his muscles I slowly worked my hands into them, applying as much pressure I thought was neccesary. He didn’t wince which was good, but maybe I needed more pressure. I applied more force and only felt my hands ache from this. The only sounds that were heard was my shallow and his steady breathing. I worked my way around his back making sure I was careful of his spinal cord and to the other shoulder. I heard him murmur so I stopped for a moment. He didn’t do it again and I continued.

About ten or fifteen minutes later I released my hands and stretched my cramping fingers. I heard him stand and he raised his arms above his shoulders to stretch. He then turned to me, a blissful expression on his face. “Thank you,” he said "and please call me Ji Hoon for now on." I tried to smile but I was unable to be convincing, so I just bowed slightly as part of his custom and turned to leave.

“Give a call when you are ready,” I told him, tempted to run to the door.

“I will,” he said stopping me. I looked back behind me but he was now lifting the lids off the other dishes and whiffing them.

He is a man yet seems like a boy as well, was my thoughts as I closed the door behind me.