Chapter 7

Even when the Sun Rises

Hey hope people are liking the story (I've had only one comment so far :( ) I would appreciate it if u told me of any problems i seem to have with it so far.

E_magine

******************************************************************************************

Rain was strange the next time I was with him. He seemed uncomfortable, as if my presence was making him anxious. He wouldn’t even look at me while I was talking to him except for a few times.

“Yes that will be fine,” that was the umpteenth time he had said that.

“Hey are you ok?” I asked him, peering closely, “you seem on edge.”

“What’s on edge?” I forget he was still rather not use to English.

“I mean you seem uncomfortable,” I waited for his response. He finally looked at me.

“Food please,” he said and I left.

“Gee what’s gotten into him?” I thought aloud as I walked to the kitchen.

“Ah excuse me,” I froze, my heart starting to pound heavily but not with joy. I saw Curtis Patrick looking at me.

“Hey,” I didn’t like the way he greeted me, “look at you. All grown up,” he his chin, “last time I saw you; would have been when you were… About ten years old?” I couldn’t swallow the lump in my throat.

“Anyway, I was wondering, where is the bathroom?” I pointed straight ahead, “down the hall and to the right,” I said in a flat voice.

“Thank you,” he left me and walked off. I could see my hands shaking so I clenched my fists.

“Hey you ok?” Tony asked as he walked past on the way to his shift. I nodded.

“Yeah I should be,” was my response.

***

That night Rain was still be distant around me and was having dinner with Mr. Francisco. I was doing fine myself despite the strange behavior he had been showing.
 

I walked to the kitchen with an empty tray after serving the table Rain was at Bunny pulled me over.

“Slots, just heard that a particular man, is looking for the same table as Mr. Francisco.” I raised my eyebrows at her.

“Who?” I asked.

“Umm Curtis Patrick,” I almost dropped my tray.

“W-what, t-that’s the table I am waiting for,” I said trying not to panic. Bunny placed a firm hand on my shoulder.

“Just pretend that he’s not there,” she said, “besides you might not have to get him anything.”

“Easier said than done,” I replied continuing my walk to the kitchen.

I returned back to the table and found Curtis Patrick sitting opposite Rain. I took a deep breath and pulled out the pen.

“So what would you like?” I asked trying to hide my nerves.

“I’ve been taken care of thank you,” he looked up at me. The smile he was showing seemed as genuine as Heidi Montag’s s. I took a step back, clenching the pen harder.

“Ah right well, call me if you need me,” I indicated to the transmitter attached to my hip and left in a hurry.

***

I was glad to finish work and then practice at the room. I was walking into the room when I stopped. Rain was in here already and was stretching. He looked different in track pants and a loose white singlet. He looked up as he heard me come in. I was welcomed with that smile.

“Hey,” he said. Ok now I was confused.

“H-hi, what are you doing here?” I asked putting my bag down. He held out his arms.

“To dance,” ah ok.

“Ji Hoon wants to dance?” I asked the informality slipping out, “umm… What do you know?” I asked. He turned the stereo on and stood in silence for a moment. Then he started to move unlike anyone I’d seen before. His movements were fluid and he was in time to the music. Everything about that dance just looked well polished.

“W-wow,” was all I could say clapping when he finished. He stood up and wiped his forehead which had a few beads of sweat.

“I studied dance.” I nodded.

“Yeah I can tell,” I said still amazed by him. He then extended an arm, his hand out to me. I stared at his hand.

“Would you like me to show you a dance?” He asked. Curiously I walked onto the wooden floor to him.

“I do a dance with another woman during a break in singing, I can show you that.” I thought for a moment.

“Ok,” I said as my final answer; to my surprise he took my hand and pulled me close to him. Once he let go I moved a step back.

“First you need to walk in on that side when I look at you,” he pointed to the left of the floor. I went there.

“You come in and you run hand along here,” he indicated his shoulder blades. I didn’t show my discomfort. He starts to dance silently to the music and then he peers at me, the shy look he usually has had dissolved. I walked towards him and then let my hand gently touch him along the shoulder blades.

“Come in front of me,” he said and I moved to stand in front of him. The next thing I know, his hands are on my hips and he’s moving my hands so they are on his shoulders. I stared at him.

“Lean back,” I slowly started to arch my back and lean towards it. I felt him moving.

“Don’t look at me,” he said, “look at something else on the side.” I did as I was told.

“Good, now I am going to swing you through my legs,” I had an alarmed look on my face but he didn’t see.

“Ok,” I said.

“One, two, three,” on three I felt his hands release themselves from my hips and I let go of his shoulders. Instead of going through his parted legs I fell onto the floor. I sat up rubbing my head.

“Oops,” I said slowly sitting up, “guess I was leaning too much.” I heard him come down and sit next to me.

“You ok?” He asked anxious if I was hurt. I nodded.

“Yeah,” I saw the light hit something shiny on him; a ring on his fourth finger on the left hand, sterling silver or some sort of metal.

He’s married? Hmm why didn’t I know until now?

“Let’s do it again,” Rain said standing up. He held out his hand to me and I took it, standing myself.

It’s none of my business anyway.